So what qualities makes up a good man?

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
Most know me as a Christian, but this thread is not really about religion, I just wonder what qualities you think makes a man, a good man?

I am not asking what makes up a good woman, or a good person, just a good man. Now some of the things mentioned will probably be transferable to women also, and might go into the make up of a good person, but I am not sure all will.

Here are some of the things I think makes up a good man, in no particular order:
A good man

*takes care of and helps to raise his children(and I don't mean sending a child support check once a month.)

*provides for his family.

*is a good neighbor.

*shows the proper respect toward everyone.

This is just a few qualities that I think makes up a good man, what would be in your list?

There are no "good" men but if a man wants to strive to be good then he'll at the very least do the following:

Keep his word
Tell the truth
Work hard
Pay his debts
Be kind to others
Hold his tongue
Live by the Golden Rule
Give to charity

Most know me as a Christian, but this thread is not really about religion, I just wonder what qualities you think makes a man, a good man?

I am not asking what makes up a good woman, or a good person, just a good man. Now some of the things mentioned will probably be transferable to women also, and might go into the make up of a good person, but I am not sure all will.

Here are some of the things I think makes up a good man, in no particular order:
A good man

*takes care of and helps to raise his children(and I don't mean sending a child support check once a month.)

*is a good neighbor.

This is just a few qualities that I think makes up a good man, what would be in your list?

Think much of what we call good is encapsulated in the golden rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

The Wiccan Rede as well, "If it harm none, do as ye will."

The Jewish Torah, "You shall surely rebuke a sinner, but not bear a sin on their account." (When correcting bad behaviour, do it quietly so as not to embarass the person.)

What qualities makes up a good man?

His mother, his sisters, his girl-friends and his wife.

Last edited:

A good man

*is a good neighbor.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Live a life in a way that others respect. Be a 'giver", a "helper", and fight for what's right and just. Never hesitate to say "I'm sorry" when obviously wrong, never hesitate to say "I love you" to those close and dear to you, and always think before you speak. And, most of all, make a difference in ways that give meaning to your life.

Man is of a dual Nature. His Life is only a success when these two sides are in perfect harmony.

Forum List

Back