So, What Did Everybody Get For Christmas?

Simply getting something that you want isn't really the point of gifts. The point is someone loving you enough to put the thought and effort into getting you something you wouldn't necessarily get for yourself.

My favorite gift that I've ever gotten from my husband was a breadmaker. Sure, I could have just gone and bought one myself, but it never would have occurred to me that I wanted to do so. I told him once how my grandma used to bake bread when I was a kid, and I always loved the smell and the taste of fresh bread, and I was sorry I didn't have time to bake my own. So he decided to get me a breadmaker so I could still have the smell and taste without the time and effort to do it by hand.

Meh...I dont really see the big deal.
I tell Her what I want,she tells me what she wants.
There's no surprise in anyway shape or form.
We sometimes get one thing that we both want.

my grandma used to bake bread when I was a kid
My Mom did when she was a stay-at-home mom. I remember coming home from lunch to chicken soup and the smell of fresh bread. I don't get it from the bread machine though. I can't get the smell or the flavor down. Sadly, Mom isn't around to ask anymore.

I got a Super Mario Brothers T-shirt, a pair of night clothes, a candle, the first season of the new Saved By The Bell show, a book named Lemons On Friday, and two films named Apache Junction and Old Henry which both star country singer Trace Adkins. The book I was given was written by Mattie Jackson who is the oldest daughter of country singer Alan Jackson.

God bless you and the Jackson family and Trace always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Trace)

My Mom did when she was a stay-at-home mom. I remember coming home from lunch to chicken soup and the smell of fresh bread. I don't get it from the bread machine though. I can't get the smell or the flavor down. Sadly, Mom isn't around to ask anymore.

We made homemade yeast rolls today.
God do they smell good,they kinda remind me of the yeast rolls you got as a kid in school.
They were one of the few good things left from the cafeteria after they stopped deep frying the tater tots.

My wife and I gave each other a priceless set of gifts and received two totally beyond any thought of price.

Materially, a delicious Christmas dinner of chili and slice of previously frozen strawberry cheesecake.

Eaten at an office desk in a very remote radio station to which she traveled with me. She to sing in the choir and me to make it technically possible to broadcast Christmas church services for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and one more tomorrow.

I love her for cheerfully being part of this. Thing is, she is quite religious; I am not but neither of us could stand it when we learned that as things stood none of that would have been possible this year.

During the services I got two phone calls at the station. One from a man alone in a place even more remote - who accidentally turned a radio on and was overjoyed to be part of the service. The other from a younger woman who had brought a portable radio to her dying mother's bedside - thanking the station for bring the service to her.

This trip was a gift from us to each other and quite possibly the best Christmas gift either of us has received in 55 years of marriage. Gifts for which we can never give enough thanks!

My daughter in law shops exclusively on line. She sometimes gets free gifts which she has given to me. I am convinced that free gifts are things that no one would possibly buy.
I got a perfectly hideous scarf. What are scarves for anyway? Pajama pants, no top, a grocery store shopping bag, an odd wallet thing worn cross body, a really useful light up magnifying glass and a bath brush. Son and daughter-in-law went to her son's for dinner. I went on an incredible motorcycle ride along the Ortega Highway to Lake Elsinore.

And a good time was had by all.

Simply getting something that you want isn't really the point of gifts. The point is someone loving you enough to put the thought and effort into getting you something you wouldn't necessarily get for yourself.

Or something so awful you would never get it for yourself.

I got to remember that we celebrate this day as the birth of the saviour. Then a few phone calls and texts from family members who live at a distance and friends. It was a beautiful day and I also got to travel and place a wreath upon my parents grave.

I just opened the rest of my Christmas gifts today with the family since they're here now and I got some chocolate, a case to store all of my DVD's and Blu-rays, as well as some DVD's and Blu-rays. I got the original Footloose, both Problem Childs, Venom, Space Jam A New Legacy, all three of Look Who's Talking movies, a Disney dance game, and The Wiz and The Wiz Live package set. :)

Oh yeah and I also got a Just Dance Greatest Hits, both Jurassic Worlds, and the Cruella movie that I forgot to add. :)

I got family coming after Christmas, so today was more like my Christmas Eve than my Christmas Day. I was able to open one present today though and I got a Cleveland Indian's shirt that has all of the older player's names on it and it has 1915-forever at the bottom of it. I think I'll wear it when I go to a game this summer. :)
My last Indians game was at the old stadium against the Yankees in the late 70's. Reggie Jackson hit one out .

I grew up in the Akron - Richfield area, but haven't been up there since 1983--before they made the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and all that.... I probably won't recognize it anymore.

Oh yeah and I got slipper socks and a lasting glowstick that you turn on along with the candy in my stocking. :)

Forum List

Back