Women, Do You Make Your Husbands Do Their Own Laundry?

Should The Husband Be Expected To Do Chores?

• Total voters

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I am currently engaged and this topic came up today when I was sorting laundry. Now, I believe in the idea that if somebody is able to do their own laundry then they should, so that's why I'm not going to do my man's laundry for him unless he's sick or he's busy doing other chores and asks me nicely to do it for him. Generally speaking I will expect him to pull his weight and do half of the work since it's the twenty-first century. Same with dishes and what not. What do you guys think?

Actually, now come to think of it splitting it up where sometimes I do the laundry and sometimes he does it sounds even better.

I am currently engaged and this topic came up today when I was sorting laundry. Now, I believe in the idea that if somebody is able to do their own laundry then they should, so that's why I'm not going to do my man's laundry for him unless he's sick or he's busy doing other chores and asks me nicely to do it for him. Generally speaking I will expect him to pull his weight and do half of the work since it's the twenty-first century. Same with dishes and what not. What do you guys think?

Laundry in my house is done by whomever is free to handle it at the moment. Sometimes my husband throws his clothes in wash himself (his clothes are always washed separately from everyone else's, to make sure they don't get mixed up with our sons'). Sometimes he'll ask me to because he's busy with something else. Sometimes he'll ask the boys to do it because we're both going to be out of the house. Dishes tend to work the same way.

I handle the advanced-level chores (the ones that they won't do to the level I want them done) and they do the chores that are hard for me because of the arthritis in my hands. I can't hand-wash pots and pans, for example, because the ability to grip something heavy with one hand and scrub with the other is painful.

My husband does all the laundry... For 32 years now.... He's weird, and likes doing it.....!!! I've been blessed! And he handles the trash, taking it out, and dropping it off twice a week at the dump!

:)

My husband does all the laundry... For 32 years now.... He's weird, and likes doing it.....!!! I've been blessed! And he handles the trash, taking it out, and dropping it off twice a week at the dump!

:)

Wow you're lucky that you're so spoiled lol

No. If there's laundry, I wash it. I sort according to color, not people.

I sort by color and type, but I have to sort by person a little bit. My clothes can't be mistaken for anyone else's, because I'm the only woman in the house, and my older son is quite a bit larger than my younger son, so it's easy to tell theirs apart. My husband, however, is right between the two of them in size, so it can be easy to mistake his clothes for belonging to one of them, or vice versa, so he keeps his separate.

My first question.
Do you work,as in outside the home.

Forum List

Back