So, is there proof of INTELLIGENT DESIGN?

So god is giving us cancer because he's mad at us?
No, cockbreath, YOU are giving yourself cancer because you're mad a God. He didn't make you a prick, you did.
So why do good people get cancer? And why does god deform babies?
God doesn't do any of that. That's material nature. Why do you confuse purposeful design with lack of intelligence just because it puts some of the responsibility on YOUR shoulders? God gives intelligent people the opportunity to escape that. All the rest like you remain in the lower animal forms to repeat your suffering. If you don't like material nature, then now you have a good reason to work on moving on to a higher world.
So I'm responsible for deformed babies? How so?

So you believe in re-incarnation "All the rest like you remain in the lower animal forms to repeat your suffering"?

I really do feel bad that Taz is suffering so much.

It's the reason why everything he sees is bad.

An intelligent designer wouldn't have put cancer and deformities... in an intelligent design.
Apparently you haven't the intelligence to know between intelligent design and perfect design, nor the difference between intelligence of the designer and stupidity of the USER.
An intelligent designer wouldn't put cancer or the devil in our universe.
Please. You haven't even the brains to understand my simple comment. MAN put cancer and the devil in our universe, not God. Ever occur to you, "Taz," that these are things which occur because people are NOT following God's plan?

Why are some babies born deformed and with cancer? Is god a prick?
How about cavities? Would people get cavities or would they have perfect teeth?
Why did god make it so that our teeth fall apart?
God made intelligent people who care for their teeth to last a lifetime. You're the other party.
Nobody's teeth have ever lasted their whole life, everyone's had dental work.
You're an idiot. You just don't get it. Nothing is meant to be perfect or last forever. It's material nature. This isn't the whole show. That makes it a good thing to move on from.

An intelligent designer wouldn't have put cancer and deformities... in an intelligent design.
Apparently you haven't the intelligence to know between intelligent design and perfect design, nor the difference between intelligence of the designer and stupidity of the USER.
Please. You haven't even the brains to understand my simple comment. MAN put cancer and the devil in our universe, not God. Ever occur to you, "Taz," that these are things which occur because people are NOT following God's plan?

God made intelligent people who care for their teeth to last a lifetime. You're the other party.
Not in your world, Taz. In your world everything would be perfect, right?
Teeth would be stronger, absolutely. You know why? Because I'm more compassionate than your invisible friend.

Teeth would be stronger, absolutely. You know why? Because I'm more compassionate than your invisible friend.
I know you believe you are compassionate, Taz.

You're an idiot. You just don't get it. Nothing is meant to be perfect or last forever. It's material nature. This isn't the whole show. That makes it a good thing to move on from.
I get it, god made somewhat flimsy teeth.

I wouldn't deform babies either.

I really do feel bad that Taz is suffering so much.

It's the reason why everything he sees is bad.
I'm just pointing out some of the bad things. I'm a realist, I see deformed babies as a bad thing.

I wouldn't deform babies either.
Your world would be candyland.

Yeah, sorry, we didn't make the the dinosaurs go extinct. So much for your stupid theory that we're responsible for all the clearly "bad" stuff..

No. God made little seeds. Some prefer to grown in rich topsoil. Others like you choose to grow in the crevice of a rock and blame the wind.
Teeth are like seeds, they are not meant to last. That way room will be made for new seeds and better teeth.

No. God made little seeds. Some prefer to grown in rich topsoil. Others like you choose to grow in the crevice of a rock and blame the wind.
Teeth are like seeds, they are not meant to last. That way room will be made for new seeds and better teeth.
Adult teeth don’t grow back, now you know.

You can't beat me. You know that. You can play your little games acting dumb with others but you know what I mean and you know I'm right.

Oopsies, set out to make humans but, damn, made it way too hot! Guess I'll wait 15 billion years or so,.. perhaps make a whole bunch of plants and other creatures to pass the time.. kill a bunch off now and then with volcanoes, big meteors, and stuff.. then really focus upon getting this so-called "Intelligent Design" of mine to somehow appear "Grand!" in retrospect..

Oopsies, set out to make humans but, damn, made it way too hot! Guess I'll wait 15 billion years or so,.. perhaps make a whole bunch of plants and other creatures to pass the time.. kill a bunch off now and then with volcanoes, big meteors, and stuff.. then really focus upon getting this so-called "Intelligent Design" of mine to somehow appear "Grand!" in retrospect..
Oopsies, set out to make humans but, damn, made it way too hot!
oddly, you make that distinction too ... same as the desert idolators.

certainly the metaphysical forces combined to create a life that then evolved into separate beings, all those being the same. for certain - a design from a central source.

RE: So, is there proof of INTELLIGENT DESIGN?
⁜→ "LittleNipper,
& especially - et al,

BLUF: This proof is backward. It is a more elaborate form of:

Ω Asserting the Consequent​
Ω Affirmation a Predetermined Outcome​

If our existence was but a coincidence, what might be the odds of such a coincidence?

(COMMENT)

The fault here is that the assumption is that the nature of life on Earth was a required outcome of a set of changes. That is, you want to roll the dice until the life forms on Earth are the specific outcome.

FLAW #1: But let's assume that the biochemical laws and the physics that rule our universe are not the only rules that could create a universe.
FLAW #2: Suppose that life was not restricted to the carbon-based, photosynthesis dependent, for a twenty-two pair of autosomes genome, and one X and one Y chromosome, entangled in a double helix.

∆ Suppose that the dice, where a consistent series of 6's is required but that every combination had an outcome of life and our Life Form
(that eventually evolved into humanity) was a product several different sequential possibilities instead of just the consistent role of 6's → and that any one of them could a proto origin of life that would give rise to humanity as just one of many possibilities and we (humanity) just happen to be one. It would then be a much "the simpler solution to the most likely possibility." There are probably many outcomes in which some form of life would be derived. And - basic life that evolved and gave rise to the development of humanity is just one example.
✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦​
∆ One of the reasons that this is less likely to be proof of the Supreme being is that the concept is based on the idea of the "God of Abraham" which is undefined. When one says "Proof of God" → what is the entity for which we are speaking? What is the scope and nature of the entity and what powers does it have?

∆ When the "God of Abraham" first makes the appearance, ≈ 4000 y/o, what supernatural entities were know before then?

∆ Sometime between the 9th and 6th Millenium (on the threshold of the Pre-Pottery Neolithic period), the first Temples of Worship to an unknown deity (possibly more than one, but I see no evidence of it) were erected at Göbekli Tepe, Anatolia (just north of today's Syrian and Turkey Border). This is about 3000 years (or more) before Abraham; possibly as early as the 10th Millennium BC.

∆ The point being is that for as many as the last 12 Millenium, various deities have come and gone (more than two dozen). And there is no reason to believe that in the next dozen Millenium, humanity won't look back at current beliefs with the same fascination we have today. We still tell stories of Hercules and Osiris, more fiction but known historically.

◈ I remember as a very young soldier at Ft Bragg, a few of us would load up the car with cases of Bali-Hai, and drive to the Noyo Beach were we proceed to get drunk and sing our praises to Dionysos (the god of winemaking) for getting us through training. The point is → who is to say today, which of the Deities are real?

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

You can't beat me. You know that. You can play your little games acting dumb with others but you know what I mean and you know I'm right.
You don't even have any proof of your invisible buddy.

Oopsies, set out to make humans but, damn, made it way too hot!
oddly, you make that distinction too ... same as the desert idolators.

certainly the metaphysical forces combined to create a life that then evolved into separate beings, all those being the same. for certain - a design from a central source.
Not really. I was employing parody. If you were to simply call your "central source" the Aether we'd be a lot closer to agreement.

RE: So, is there proof of INTELLIGENT DESIGN?
⁜→ "LittleNipper,
& especially - et al,

BLUF: This proof is backward. It is a more elaborate form of:

Ω Asserting the Consequent​
Ω Affirmation a Predetermined Outcome​

If our existence was but a coincidence, what might be the odds of such a coincidence?

(COMMENT)

The fault here is that the assumption is that the nature of life on Earth was a required outcome of a set of changes. That is, you want to roll the dice until the life forms on Earth are the specific outcome.

FLAW #1: But let's assume that the biochemical laws and the physics that rule our universe are not the only rules that could create a universe.
FLAW #2: Suppose that life was not restricted to the carbon-based, photosynthesis dependent, for a twenty-two pair of autosomes genome, and one X and one Y chromosome, entangled in a double helix.

∆ Suppose that the dice, where a consistent series of 6's is required but that every combination had an outcome of life and our Life Form (that eventually evolved into humanity) was a product several different sequential possibilities instead of just the consistent role of 6's → and that any one of them could a proto origin of life that would give rise to humanity as just one of many possibilities and we (humanity) just happen to be one. It would then be a much "the simpler solution to the most likely possibility." There are probably many outcomes in which some form of life would be derived. And - basic life that evolved and gave rise to the development of humanity is just one example.
✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦ ✦✦ ✦​
∆ One of the reasons that this is less likely to be proof of the Supreme being is that the concept is based on the idea of the "God of Abraham" which is undefined. When one says "Proof of God" → what is the entity for which we are speaking? What is the scope and nature of the entity and what powers does it have?

∆ When the "God of Abraham" first makes the appearance, ≈ 4000 y/o, what supernatural entities were know before then?

∆ Sometime between the 9th and 6th Millenium (on the threshold of the Pre-Pottery Neolithic period), the first Temples of Worship to an unknown deity (possibly more than one, but I see no evidence of it) were erected at Göbekli Tepe, Anatolia (just north of today's Syrian and Turkey Border). This is about 3000 years (or more) before Abraham; possibly as early as the 10th Millennium BC.

∆ The point being is that for as many as the last 12 Millenium, various deities have come and gone (more than two dozen). And there is no reason to believe that in the next dozen Millenium, humanity won't look back at current beliefs with the same fascination we have today. We still tell stories of Hercules and Osiris, more fiction but known historically.

◈ I remember as a very young soldier at Ft Bragg, a few of us would load up the car with cases of Bali-Hai, and drive to the Noyo Beach were we proceed to get drunk and sing our praises to Dionysos (the god of winemaking) for getting us through training. The point is → who is to say today, which of the Deities are real?

SIGIL PAIR.png
Most Respectfully,
R

Damn well said!

Most Respectfully,
G

Forum List

Back