So, If YOU were Nancy Pelosi, What Would You do With The Impeachment Process Now?

What would you do if you were Nancy Pelosi? (no self harming suggestions please, no suicide, etc)

• 5) Retire after the impeachment and declare yourself a satisfied leader

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
yes the House will impeach and the Senate will hold the trial but will never be Convicted or Removed...
Censure is off the table and Pelosi is done as Speaker...
This was political suicide for the Democrats and now the monster Trump will become is their fault and no one else to blame!
But if YOU were Pelosi, what would you do?

I am trying to look at what would be the smart thing for her, not what she will likely do.

BTW, I agree with your call here.

She should ask Schiff to meet her in a deserted office building that's scheduled to be demolished the next day

Since Moscow Mitch is going to drag out the trial, so to keep Democratic Senators in the primary contest all tied up and not out there campaigning, which is being reported as his and Trump`s plan...

I think Speaker Pelosi in that scenario should either bring it to a vote now, and hold off passing it to the Senate until the primaries are showing a person clearly in the lead, then send it over to the Senate.... from what I understand, there is no rule on when she has to send it to the Senate...

Or

Which is the better route imho

The Judiciary committee needs to insist on first hand witnesses to be deposed and or testify, BEFORE any articles of impeachment are drawn up for a vote....battle it in the courts if need be, this will get the Primary candidates past Super Tuesday...

:D
Pelosi can sit on it until the issue of Congressional subpoenas are resolved

Time is on her side

Not really. The longer she waits, the longer all those democrat senators have to stay in session during peak campaign season, and that's a lot of leverage Trump can use to get votes. The RNC has a lot more money than the DNC does, so they can pump money into Republican challengers who are then free to campaign while the democrats are tied up. The DNC doesn't have as much flexibility to do that. This is political theater at its finest.
An impeachment hearing gives a Senator national exposure. Much better than going town to town making stump speeches

Nice try, but no go. They would get what exposure they would be allowed, and after Schiff's side show, that wouldn't necessarily be the kind of exposure they'd want, what little they got.

Hillary tried that approach, totally ignoring states that didn't interest her or that she thought were locked up for her, while Trump tirelessly went down to town, making stump speeches. Being invisible is not a winning political strategy.

A Senator being a tough prosecutor of a corrupt politician is good publicity.
Trump showed in 2016 that any press is good press

Since Moscow Mitch is going to drag out the trial, so to keep Democratic Senators in the primary contest all tied up and not out there campaigning, which is being reported as his and Trump`s plan...

I think Speaker Pelosi in that scenario should either bring it to a vote now, and hold off passing it to the Senate until the primaries are showing a person clearly in the lead, then send it over to the Senate.... from what I understand, there is no rule on when she has to send it to the Senate...

Or

Which is the better route imho

The Judiciary committee needs to insist on first hand witnesses to be deposed and or testify, BEFORE any articles of impeachment are drawn up for a vote....battle it in the courts if need be, this will get the Primary candidates past Super Tuesday...

:D
Pelosi can sit on it until the issue of Congressional subpoenas are resolved

Time is on her side

Not really. The longer she waits, the longer all those democrat senators have to stay in session during peak campaign season, and that's a lot of leverage Trump can use to get votes. The RNC has a lot more money than the DNC does, so they can pump money into Republican challengers who are then free to campaign while the democrats are tied up. The DNC doesn't have as much flexibility to do that. This is political theater at its finest.
An impeachment hearing gives a Senator national exposure. Much better than going town to town making stump speeches

Nice try, but no go. They would get what exposure they would be allowed, and after Schiff's side show, that wouldn't necessarily be the kind of exposure they'd want, what little they got.

Hillary tried that approach, totally ignoring states that didn't interest her or that she thought were locked up for her, while Trump tirelessly went down to town, making stump speeches. Being invisible is not a winning political strategy.

A Senator being a tough prosecutor of a corrupt politician is good publicity.
Trump showed in 2016 that any press is good press
Why don't we ask them when there's two months to go before the election and the sum total of TV time they've had all year is 5 minutes of being shut down by the committee chair because they're asking if they can go to the bathroom? IOW, they can pretend they're a "tough prosecutor", but that won't help them much when they're not in control of the proceedings.

They have to finish what they started, imo.

Their issue is that the polling numbers are turning on them. when they decided to do this I think they felt it would be supported by independents and if they proved their case these voters would swing in their direction, sealing the next election.

Now that that isn't actually happening they are in a pickle, but I don't see them doing anything but finishing this.

Given that their "turn" in the house didn't get the results they'd hoped for I don't think the next act in the Senate can do anything but degrade their position.

They miscalculated, IMO. went all in on polling data and it blew up in their faces.

It will be interesting to see what maneuvers they come up with...

Hilarious!

You lose on the part of Trump Tax Returns!

There is no Constitutional Requirement for a President to show his returns and those like you attempting to use that as part of the impeachment process tell me how insane you are!

Sorry to see my short text stretched your reading comprehension beyond the breaking point: "they will throw in the consistent violations of the Emolument Clause as covered up by Trump's refusal to publish his tax returns." Read as often as necessary to understand where you lost the track.

Trump tax returns have nothing to do with what you are writing about and should not!

It is your way to say " He is hiding something damn it " and if he was believe me the IRS would have busted him decades ago...

So keep on wishing!

yes the House will impeach and the Senate will hold the trial but will never be Convicted or Removed...
This was political suicide for the Democrats and now the monster Trump will become is their fault and no one else to blame!

I am trying to look at what would be the smart thing for her, not what she will likely do.

What she should have done?

Not start this Impeachment Inquiry and went with Censure instead.

She knew the Senate would never go for it and her hope is or was to get swing and independent voters on the left side, but it I'd backfiring badly.

Pelosi still think this is 1974 and people are still swayed by the media of old while not realizing this is 2019 and the internet is at our top of our fingers.

So what should she do now?

Double down, burn the Democrat Party to the ground and walk away leaving it to Cortez and Sanders...

The impeachment is going badly for the Democrats and Never Trump Republican Crony Network.

Trump is rising in the polls, no crime has been witnessed, and Shiff, who has claimed to have damning evidence on Trump for last three years, does not bring it forward. Why? Most likely because he does not have any such evidence.

If this thing is sent to the Senate, the Republicans there will do everything they can to exhonerate their party, defend our President, and humiliate the Democrats, at minimum Joe Biden, hunter Biden, the Rumorblower and Adam Shiff. It is going to be ugly.

So what does Pelosi do with this deteriorating situation?

I see four options:

1) fight it out down to the last vote in the Senate, a certain disaster.

2) Let the vote fail, and not pressure Democrats, the opposite kind of disaster if there is nothing to show for it.

3) Substitute a censor resolution, to salvage something of value. This is the Chris Wallace surrender that would appeal to a weasel like him. Declare victory and lift your skirts and run for the hills, the Chris Wallace way.

4) Or negotiate this thing with Trump through back channels. Trump does not want the stain of an impeachment, I am sure, though he says he does. He sees the political value of letting it all go to the Senate, but at the same time, he will always be linked with Bill Clinton as the only two Presidents to have been impeached, and I am sure he hates that idea. So Pelosi offers to have a #2 uncoerced vote, straight up or down on impeachment, but talk to her Trump area Democrats about them voting their conscience and have no pressure on them to vote for impeachment and let it go how it may. In return Trump will give up some key positions like DACA and cooperate with some gun control legislation, like a an easy to evade Assault rifle ban that grandfathers in current models. Win win for everyone.

But is Pelosi too deep in her hate for Trump that she cant cut a deal? I dont think she is that stupid, but maybe I am wrong.

Left got themselves in lose/lose situation.

If they drop the impeachment, they have to shut up and agree to work with president. Since they are clear that don't want to work with him, they have to go for impeachment.

Impeaching president in the House, regardless of not going anywhere in the Senate, gives them validation of not working with impeached president. They might find some satisfaction in that. However, impeachment will come at cost of losing seats and Trumps reelection would invalidate everything they put him and Americans thru in the past three years.

But the worst punishment for them is not Trump staying president, it's being exposed for everything they've done. That's where the fight is. They'll probably sacrifice some low level operatives to save their own asses.

Mr. Smith came to Washington, and he's draining the swamp.

Well when the right wing went rogue, how do you expect Dems to act.

Left is acting the same way they did since they lost their slaves.

Butthurt. Get used to it.

upload_2019-11-25_14-43-26.png

She should ask Schiff to meet her in a deserted office building that's scheduled to be demolished the next day

I believe she would have Cortez and Schiff meet there and her swinging the wrecking ball...

Well this OP here encompasses one of my pet peeves about the phrase "If I were you..." and variations of it. If I were Pelosi I would be doing exactly what she is doing, trying the destroy the country and get rid of Trump. That's what the rest of you would be doing too.

Well this OP here encompasses one of my pet peeves about the phrase "If I were you..." and variations of it. If I were Pelosi I would be doing exactly what she is doing, trying the destroy the country and get rid of Trump. That's what the rest of you would be doing too.
I disagree, but why do you think that would be the case?

Is Pelosi's character determined by her environment to the point she has no choice?

I disagree, but why do you think that would be the case?

Is Pelosi's character determined by her environment to the point she has no choice?
It's like I said, if I were her I would be doing what she does in her environment. Simple really.

Lolol
They have to finish what they started, imo.

Their issue is that the polling numbers are turning on them. when they decided to do this I think they felt it would be supported by independents and if they proved their case these voters would swing in their direction, sealing the next election.

Now that that isn't actually happening they are in a pickle, but I don't see them doing anything but finishing this.

Given that their "turn" in the house didn't get the results they'd hoped for I don't think the next act in the Senate can do anything but degrade their position.

They miscalculated, IMO. went all in on polling data and it blew up in their faces.

It will be interesting to see what maneuvers they come up with...
Worst case scenario is the democrats lose impeachment. Schiff starts more investigations. The public goes total facepalm. Destruction of the Democratic party is complete.

It's like I said, if I were her I would be doing what she does in her environment. Simple really.
So you concur with what she is doing given her circumstances?

I think she has blundered into a political quicksand by trusting Adam Shiff4brains and needs to extract herself somehow.

Forum List

Back