So, If YOU were Nancy Pelosi, What Would You do With The Impeachment Process Now?

What would you do if you were Nancy Pelosi? (no self harming suggestions please, no suicide, etc)

• 5) Retire after the impeachment and declare yourself a satisfied leader

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's like I said, if I were her I would be doing what she does in her environment. Simple really.
So you concur with what she is doing given her circumstances?

I think she has blundered into a political quicksand by trusting Adam Shiff4brains and needs to extract herself somehow.
I don't know if her circumstances have much do with it, I think her being a commie bitch does.

Well when the right wing went rogue, how do you expect Dems to act.
Maybe both parties could start acting like honest, decent, stable, intelligent adults for a change, regardless of what the other party does.

Ha ha, just kidding. Just a joke there.

The Democrats already do act like decent, stable and intelligent adults.

Maybe both parties could start acting like honest, decent, stable, intelligent adults for a change, regardless of what the other party does.
Ha ha, just kidding. Just a joke there.
Well that is what we do in fact need.

Chances of that happening are somewhat lower than winning three Powerball lotteries in a row.

They will impeach Donald John Trump and the Senate will convict and remove....

Then we all wake up to reality and realize that yes the House will impeach and the Senate will hold the trial but will never be Convicted or Removed...

Censure is off the table and Pelosi is done as Speaker...

This was political suicide for the Democrats and now the monster Trump will become is their fault and no one else to blame!

I think there's a lot of delusion in that statement.

Just seeing how unhinged Trump is now, how unhinged is he going to get during a senate trial?

Pelosi can sit on it until the issue of Congressional subpoenas are resolved

Time is on her side

Not really. The longer she waits, the longer all those democrat senators have to stay in session during peak campaign season, and that's a lot of leverage Trump can use to get votes. The RNC has a lot more money than the DNC does, so they can pump money into Republican challengers who are then free to campaign while the democrats are tied up. The DNC doesn't have as much flexibility to do that. This is political theater at its finest.
An impeachment hearing gives a Senator national exposure. Much better than going town to town making stump speeches

Nice try, but no go. They would get what exposure they would be allowed, and after Schiff's side show, that wouldn't necessarily be the kind of exposure they'd want, what little they got.

Hillary tried that approach, totally ignoring states that didn't interest her or that she thought were locked up for her, while Trump tirelessly went down to town, making stump speeches. Being invisible is not a winning political strategy.

A Senator being a tough prosecutor of a corrupt politician is good publicity.
Trump showed in 2016 that any press is good press
Why don't we ask them when there's two months to go before the election and the sum total of TV time they've had all year is 5 minutes of being shut down by the committee chair because they're asking if they can go to the bathroom? IOW, they can pretend they're a "tough prosecutor", but that won't help them much when they're not in control of the proceedings.
Too funny

Have you ever watched the proceedings? They take turns asking questions. John Roberts will be presiding

Not really. The longer she waits, the longer all those democrat senators have to stay in session during peak campaign season, and that's a lot of leverage Trump can use to get votes. The RNC has a lot more money than the DNC does, so they can pump money into Republican challengers who are then free to campaign while the democrats are tied up. The DNC doesn't have as much flexibility to do that. This is political theater at its finest.
An impeachment hearing gives a Senator national exposure. Much better than going town to town making stump speeches

Nice try, but no go. They would get what exposure they would be allowed, and after Schiff's side show, that wouldn't necessarily be the kind of exposure they'd want, what little they got.

Hillary tried that approach, totally ignoring states that didn't interest her or that she thought were locked up for her, while Trump tirelessly went down to town, making stump speeches. Being invisible is not a winning political strategy.

A Senator being a tough prosecutor of a corrupt politician is good publicity.
Trump showed in 2016 that any press is good press
Why don't we ask them when there's two months to go before the election and the sum total of TV time they've had all year is 5 minutes of being shut down by the committee chair because they're asking if they can go to the bathroom? IOW, they can pretend they're a "tough prosecutor", but that won't help them much when they're not in control of the proceedings.
Too funny

Have you ever watched the proceedings? They take turns asking questions. John Roberts will be presiding

If you really think they would prefer a few minutes of screen time, followed by hours of other senators vying to appear more senatorial than they to giving as many speeches and appearing on as many local talk shows as they can, please continue.

Being forced to stay in session during campaign season would be deadly for them.

The Man of Lawlessness will continue onward...
Until the time is right,
and is then thrown alive, in to the Lake of fire, with all liars, and with all his followers joining him....
Is what the Bible says about it!!!!! :eek:
I am patiently waiting for THAT to happen!!!! Hopefully, it happens before I die! :p :p
So, God is in the Democratic Party, is that what you are saying?

I may have to go Atheist, if so. :D

If you really think they would prefer a few minutes of screen time, followed by hours of other senators vying to appear more senatorial than they to giving as many speeches and appearing on as many local talk shows as they can, please continue.
Being forced to stay in session during campaign season would be deadly for them.
They will grandstand and play to the bleacher seats.

The Senate process will become as ridiculous as the House process with dramatics, but at least it will have due process.

I suspect the RNC is getting money to the Democratic candidates to keep their party splintered, so the normal movement of the Donor class to a few candidates doesnt seem to be happening as is normal.

Politics is always dirty pool.

The President is the executor of the law. Like Obama and all preceding predecessors, he can execute it, or not.
While the President does have a lot of discretion, I think he does eventually have to spend the money on something. He could divert it with explanation, change the timing, etc, but must spend it eventually.

The impeachment is going badly for the Democrats and Never Trump Republican Crony Network.
50% of Americans want Trump not only impeached, but also removed from office.

That number never rose above 29% for Bill Clinton, and he was impeached anyway.

impeach-poll.png

Donald Trump was one of the 30% of Americans who wanted Bush impeached, and as a birther he was one of the 33% who wanted Obama removed from office.

Karma's a BITCH!

The impeachment is going badly for the Democrats and Never Trump Republican Crony Network.
50% of Americans want Trump not only impeached, but also removed from office.

That number never rose above 29% for Bill Clinton, and he was impeached anyway.
When was that number determined?
Today.

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2019/images/11/25/rel13a.-.trump,.impeachment.pdf
And here we have dueling polls. It's up to us to decide what to believe. Naturally, one expects CNN to release only polls that further their narrative, but then you have these others that paint a different picture. Best to absorb all of the information and not insist only one piece is accurate.

It will be interesting to see if the democrats actually go through with it, since it will sideline their senators during campaign season and the Republicans have a lot more cash to throw into challengers.

Forum List

Back