Zone1 So for the first time I am watching one of those "casual pastors". In jeans, t-short, gold chains, sports jacket...and he is motivating.

We had a church like that. God destroyed it with a flood. Literally LOL. The building they were renting was sitting in the lowest area in acres of pavement and Hurricane Matthew and a cold front collided over our area.
Perhaps God tried to warn the people who decided to build that church in such a low area and they ignored him because the property was cheaper. With the Christian God you have freedom of will. You get to make your own decisions and when you do, you often are responsible for the results, good or bad.

I understand that this is not heaven and if we do end up in heaven we will not have to worry about hurricanes.

Perhaps God tried to warn the people who decided to build that church in such a low area and they ignored him because the property was cheaper. With the Christian God you have freedom of will. You get to make your own decisions and when you do, you often are responsible for the results, good or bad.

I understand that this is not heaven and if we do end up in heaven we will not have to worry about hurricanes.

Or they just rented an old theater because it was unused and when the rains came having a building built with a sloped floor it became a toxic mold nightmare. Gravity, nature, science, God--nothing was on their side that day. Anyway, they were loved by their members. Their members just weren't able to pony the resources to recover their church there or somewhere else. Their detractors, however, pointed out that being heavier on entertainment and lighter on the preaching made them more like a social club than a church.

They weren't the only local church impacted. They just happened to be the one that failed completely since they didn't have insurance being renters. One of the churches had half their building collapse into a swollen creek, but it was insured so they were eventually able to find another building to buy and continue on. That church was literally split in half right down the center beam of the building, but I digress.

I don't have a particularly strong opinion on how churches should or shouldn't operate, locate, or what their message should be. I do recognize, however, there is tension in the faith communities among many things, including how populist the leaders should be. I come from generations of Methodists which is very much a house divided along many many lines these days. My position is that people need to do what works for them with religion that adds value to their life, be it embracing it, rejecting, following traditions or blazing their own path. As long as their religious practices aren't bringing harm to others, I have no skin in the game.

Out of how many? Like I said, very few are, and nobody can even find where OSteen even asks for moment on his broadcasts, and in fact doesn't take a dime from his church. He makes his money from book publishers, dumbass. Hasn't taken a paycheck from his church since 2005. Most of them follow Billy Graham's lead in doing that. Osteen's net worth is a fraction of what he's been paid just in book advances, which average $12 to $14 million in up front advances from companies like Time Warner, for over 40 best sellers. He's given over 75% of that away. You losers really don't know squat.

Triggered much???

Triggered much???
'lol says you. I enjoy watching commies and deviants flounder around and having to lie about stuff. You seem to lack any knowledge about this sort of thing. So answer the question, since you and your peers are the ones triggered here.

I suppose I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, he's delivering a good message with blunt honesty with references to the bible that put his presentation together. I will give such casual pastors a chance in the future.
Just put the word Jesus into any sentence and Gullibles like you will start singing and whooping .

Probably throw in a few Hallelujahs for good measure .

They aren't money changers, and they aren't twisting anybody's arms, and you just hate to see them being able to pay for their TV time and other stuff, and you think Da Evul Xians are all supposed to live in cardboard boxes and eat out of dumpsters. lol
I am a Christian. And since James Bakker and Tammy Faye, i do not trust televangelists getting rich off of parishioners.

I am a Christian. And since James Bakker and Tammy Faye, i do not trust televangelists getting rich off of parishioners.

lol so now you want to peddle the myth that they're all crooks? lol rubbish. You're peddling lies.

Could be worse. If I were a little girl in Florida, I guess up would be wanting to count my periods if you were a good Republican supporting the Governor.

What are you talking about?

What does this even mean?

I suppose I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, he's delivering a good message with blunt honesty with references to the bible that put his presentation together. I will give such casual pastors a chance in the future.

In my tenure as both a churchgoer and Christian, I have found that what pastors wear is of almost no significance. I have gone to churches where pastors wear the full robes and ones where they wear jeans.

I don't care either way.

What matters is the words coming out of their mouths and, of course, the heart behind the words.

Is the Gospel being preached?

Is the Bible opened?

Is it being treated fairly? I mean the Scriptures.

Etc.

In my tenure as both a churchgoer and Christian, I have found that what pastors wear is of almost no significance. I have gone to churches where pastors wear the full robes and ones where they wear jeans.

I don't care either way.

What matters is the words coming out of their mouths and, of course, the heart behind the words.

Is the Gospel being preached?

Is the Bible opened?

Is it being treated fairly? I mean the Scriptures.

Etc.
Of course. It's difficult to fnd such a love of Christ in Canada in a love.setting so I rely on American, online pastors. Frigthening, no? Some Americans should try living here...

Of course. It's difficult to fnd such a love of Christ in Canada in a love.setting so I rely on American, online pastors. Frigthening, no? Some Americans should try living here...

Never. No way.

Did you see this one?

Good! Not my thing but good for you.
We just lack the privacy (due to Big Brother here) and passion within churches here to make them worthwhile to.attend compared to Amrerican offerings online. It's a shame too because I really.enjoy attending church and the Anglican one near me is enjoyable. I watch church online from any denomination, I prefer fo hesr the gospel crom scripture regardless.

What are you talking about?

What does this even mean?
Just a reference to the good Christian Governor of that state of Florida, that has people over the high school sports in that state, questioning female high school athletes to monitor their periods to make sure they are girls on their sports team and not transgender boys on the girls teams. It is disgusting, but not as disgusting as making them stand in line to drop their pants for the coach. It is disgusting, but definitely not as disgusting as making the girls change in the locker room with a boy present, transgender or not.

Never. No way.

Did you see this one?

Well that's just silly and offensive Sue. America is not going to do that obviously. Your politicians should be more like Obama though and call out Canadian human right abuses where they exist. I love my country and those who sacrificed for it. Their sacrifices further embolden me to demand truth and transparency. I have little regard though for state actors who abuse our rights and have isolated us from the rest of the civilized, free world. Some Canadians on this forum represent their agencies agenda (CYA) and this sites mods had better believe more than just the "official.narrative" they spew.. I guarantee you that their narrative is often outright lies and their "methods" that hark back to Germsny pre 1980s, represents a threat to Western values and global objectives.

Just a reference to the good Christian Governor of that state of Florida, that has people over the high school sports in that state, questioning female high school athletes to monitor their periods to make sure they are girls on their sports team and not transgender boys on the girls teams. It is disgusting, but not as disgusting as making them stand in line to drop their pants for the coach. It is disgusting, but definitely not as disgusting as making the girls change in the locker room with a boy present, transgender or not.

Yeah not him, and rated FALSE by the AP.

Honest to Pete, a moderator too.

Furthermore to this thread I want Americans to understand how much harm they have done to me notnjust by civil.right sbuses and such but my own existence. Here I am, 4 am awoken multiple times in the middle of the night because I cannot find peace, it's all stress. Cruel and unusual punishment is an apt term but it doesn't go far enough IMO.

Forum List

Back