So does Matthews consider everything Obama does from a "black man" perception?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Chris Matthews,said of the president:

"I was trying to think about who he was tonight. And uh, it's interesting. He is post-racial, by all appearances.
You know, I forgot he was black tonight for an hour....

"I was watching, I said, 'wait a minute!' He's an African-American guy in front of a bunch of other white people and there he is president of the United States and we've completely forgotten that tonight -- completely forgotten it!"

'I Forgot He Was Black': Chris Matthews Under Fire for Comment About Obama | Fox News

What I'd like to know does Matthews think about Obama being black as influencing everything Obama does every day?
Are Matthews' perceptions the same for most Obama defenders..i.e. do they think the rest of Americans see Obama's actions as a "black man"?
Do you defenders of Obama think of Obama as "black" first then a man?

If you do, you are racists!
Most of us Obama critics are of his policies not his skin color. I campaigned for Herman Cain.. by the way a black man!

If some White REP 'talking head' on TV had said exactly what CM said that person would have been screamed at for their RACIST! comment by the LIBs.
Think about it.

All white people pretend they dont see color...but...they do. Sherman Williams is proof

All white people pretend they dont see color...but...they do. Sherman Williams is proof

All idiots make "all" statements.
Notice I said "most" of us Obama criticize his policies as I and most don't see Obama as black but as incompetent.

Why are we discussing Matthews Comments from a previous SOTU?

And CC may not believe it, but most people aren't as concerned about race as he is.

Matthews doesn't pretend. He like most Democrats see only color.

MLK Jr. must be rolling in his grave.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

This is a statement that Democrats will never live up to.

The left sees everything through the prism of race and gender.... probably a guilt thing dating back to the days when they openly opposed civil rights for minorities.

Last edited:
Why are we discussing Matthews Comments from a previous SOTU?

And CC may not believe it, but most people aren't as concerned about race as he is.

The reason I bring it up is I just heard the stupid comment made by Matthews and it coupled with these other idiotic statements just reinforces what smart people know about the mainstream media..i.e. they are less informed more racists and definitely not people we should listen to for information to form opinions that make policies THAT AFFECT ALL our lives!

Mr. Matthews‘ comments on Wednesday’s episode of “Hardball” came in context of discussion of Southern Poverty Law Center findings of a correlation between White House pushes for gun control and a rise in patriot group memberships.

“I look at Obama as perfect American,” Mr. Matthews said, according to the show’s transcript. “I don’t mean politically. … But as a citizen. The guy went to school, he never broke a law{{{CHRIS He smoked POT and did Cocaine don't you know that???}}}}}. He did everything right. He raised a wonderful family. He’s a good husband, a good father. My God, I don’t think he’s ever gotten a speeding ticket. The guy does everything right.”

Mr. Matthews made similar comments in July, calling Mr. Obama “the perfect father, the perfect husband, the perfect American” and implying that only racists could possibly fear his policies.
Read more: MSNBC's Chris Matthews calls Obama the 'perfect American' ? again - Washington Times

Last night[2/13/08] during MSNBC's Potomac Primary coverage, Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann were discussing Barack Obama's speech.
Matthews — who, in the past, has both cried over an Obama speech and compared him to Jesus —
described exactly what happens to him when Obama speaks
"I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech.
My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often.
Chris Matthews: "I Felt This Thrill Going Up My Leg" As Obama Spoke

And then to think idiots believe these sources that and here are the facts:

1,160 (85%) of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters | The Daily Caller

So it does matter in trying to show people that support OBAMA ONLY because he is black , that incompetency knows NO color!

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Yeah, that's the saddest part, plus what it has done to generations of American blacks.

I think what happened was that they became so used to leveraging skin color for political advantage that they just essentially talked themselves into believing it. The subconscious is a very powerful thing -- tell it something enough times and it ultimately will take it as fact.

Matthews is a great example, he can drag skin color into literally any conversation, no matter how absurd, and I swear he's sincere.

Cherry Picking level: Master

Cherry Picking level: Master

Jealous?

Forum List

Back