Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

Sorry, but providing "free" education and virtually unlimited loans to students to attend high cost universities to get very little productive knowledge is a no-go for most thinking Americans. Democrats are huge proponents of the European "free" education system but are either ignorant or don't realize that in those countries entrance to college is extremely competitive and they don't just allow anyone to major in some non-sensical major on the taxpayer dime. Also, you can forget your woke polices towards diversity because they would go out the window as well. You and many others lives in a fantasy land of balloons and lollipops. You want your cake and to be able to eat it too. Grow up.
Sorry, you're done. It's called progress. You wouldn't understand. Change the damn channel, the country is getting so dumb we're going to lose democracy with ignoramuses like you believing conspiracies about everything without any evidence etcetera etcetera.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
Yes they have to get bigger batteries and work on battery changing- already done probably... Batteries are already available zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz just more GOP whining about every little thing with total BS and fear mongering. Poor America.

Last edited:
Sorry, you're done. It's called progress. You wouldn't understand. Change the damn channel, the country is getting so dumb we're going to lose democracy with ignoramuses like you believing conspiracies about everything without any evidence etcetera etcetera.
There is plenty of evidence of indoctrination. Maybe it is you that should change the channel.

There is plenty of evidence of indoctrination. Maybe it is you that should change the channel.
I do, all the time, I have a choice of every TV network in the world except for fox. Wake up and smell the coffee. And I do watch fox a lot to keep up with your idiocy...

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
I do, all the time, I have a choice of every TV network in the world except for fox. Wake up and smell the coffee. And I do watch fox a lot to keep up with your idiocy...

You are far too ignorant and indoctrinated to waste any more time with.

Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

27 Dec 2022 ~~ By Sophia Chang
Don’t count on seeing electric garbage trucks plowing snow from city streets any time soon.
The city Department of Sanitation's goals to become carbon neutral are clashing with the limits of electric-powered vehicles.
The department aims to switch all 6,000 vehicles in its fleet from gas to electric as part of the state’s goal to reduce emissions by 2040. But city officials say they haven’t found electric garbage trucks that are powerful enough to plow snow.
The department has ordered seven electric rear loader garbage trucks, custom-made by Mack and costing more than $523,000 each, with delivery slated for the spring. Used for curbside trash collection, the department’s current rear loader truck fleet runs on diesel and is outfitted with plows to clear streets during snow season.
~Snip~
“How much power do they have? Can they run 12-hour shifts without a charge? I don't know,” Nespoli said.
~Snip~
“With current technology, full electrification isn’t possible now for some parts of our fleet, but we are monitoring closely and really hope it will be,” Gragnani said.

Commentary:
Look to lots more of these high-profile EV fails.
On the bright side. Each EV garbage truck that catches fire and burns clears about 80 feet of road of ice and snow.
All we need is another blizzard like 1947, 1960,1969, 1978, 1982, or 1996. EV plows will not be able to work straight 12 hour shifts or longer.
Surprise. The storage density of the batteries is not up to the task of plowing. As if no one knew it. Of course they won’t plow as long or hauling heavy loads. They (the batteries) aren’t ready for that work. There are stooopid people on both sides. This time it’s the city officials who listened to the wild claims of greedy EV truck manufacturers.

Maybe not. The future is always difficult to tell what will and what won't be around. Maybe if we get fusion power, electric cars will be it.
To be clear, it’s the battery density along with available power. Right now, it takes more electricity to make the gasoline then is used to propel a car the same distance an EV drives.
That simple means, less gas is used by having more electric cars replace ICE vehicles. You can actually use LESS electricity replacing gas cars with EVs.

Forum List

Back