Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

The whole argument comes down to one question... and the answer that was given.
It says everything anyone needs to know about the real world validity of EVs currently.

"Garbage trucks regularly operate for 12 hours straight, is there an EV truck that can do that?"
Answer... "I don't know."

I don't know. Yet they bought them anyway. And passed legislation to replace all of them in the next 15 years.

You can use whatever justification you want. It's same arguments made in Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea, Russia, etc. to control women's bodies, control who we can marry, etc, etc. congrats, you are a fascist.

The Democratic agenda is to silence all oposition and for us to turn over our weapons, get government checks and bow down to their authority. Gay marriage, allowing people to commit crimes without repercussions, indoctrinated children via public education, controlling the MSM, removing religion…all of that is just meant to weaken the very fabric of our society which is the necessary in order to gain control. It is a rather slow gradual process and that is on purpose. Enough people must be sufficiently brainwashed to avoid a major uprising. Sadly, we are most certainly headed in that direction.

Elon doesn't understand this? Or the top engineers he hires doesn't understand this? They're the ones who have spent the millions on studying it, determining if there is a market for it, then deciding yes and producing it.

But Ray, from Cleveland, knows better?
4i6Ckte.gif
This is called 'Trump Brain'.
Its called false marketing hype.
Electric trucks are no good, but that does not mean they won't try to sell them anyway.

Are you sure?

I guess he didn’t have a modern engine. Or something. Not sure what that would do to the fuel. But whatever.

Airplane fuel freezes. And yes. It can freeze in flight.

Wrong.
Diesel and jet fuel can not "freeze".

{... Yesterday, in an interim report, the Air Accident Investigations Branch (AAIB) said the drop in temperatures to -105F (-76C) may have caused the fuel in the aircraft to thicken during the flight which meant it was unable to get the additional thrust needed to land. ...}

"Thicken" is not "freezing".

And the real problem likely is water contamination.

Wrong.
Diesel and jet fuel can not "freeze".

{... Yesterday, in an interim report, the Air Accident Investigations Branch (AAIB) said the drop in temperatures to -105F (-76C) may have caused the fuel in the aircraft to thicken during the flight which meant it was unable to get the additional thrust needed to land. ...}

"Thicken" is not "freezing".

And the real problem likely is water contamination.

No, you're wrong. The company I worked for had gelled fuel on several occasions. The higher priced fuel has an anti-gel additive to it. The cheap places don't, and to make sure it doesn't gel, you have to buy a bottle of de-gel and put it in when you fill up.

Just as I thought. The Republicans objected to the bill because it included medications that induced abortion. There was no resistance to the common standard contraception meds and devices such as the pill, condoms, woman having her tubes tied, IUDs or like devices.

I don't know if that's the case and neither do you. Have you spoken to every single gop congressman? What we do know is that by voting against this bill you are allowing a potential situation in which ppl are not allowed any number of current or future medications due to some weird red state law or further conservative supreme court decisions. It's a further step toward totalitarianism and the stripping of individual rights.

I don't know if that's the case and neither do you. Have you spoken to every single gop congressman? What we do know is that by voting against this bill you are allowing a potential situation in which ppl are not allowed any number of current or future medications due to some weird red state law or further conservative supreme court decisions. It's a further step toward totalitarianism and the stripping of individual rights.

I do know that's the case because I've been following politics for many years. This is a typical Democrat ploy where they throw in some protection mechanism to try and make Republicans look bad if they don't capitulate to what they really want. They've been doing this for decades. It's really nothing new.

So they want these abortion pills and to give them cover, put in all contraception medication and devices so the Republicans can't say no, or at least some of them to get their agenda passed. No state legislature would ever ban all contraception and they know it. By doing so would be political suicide. Contraception is not a divided issue like abortion. Most all people want it to be available to the public.

I do know that's the case because I've been following politics for many years. This is a typical Democrat ploy where they throw in some protection mechanism to try and make Republicans look bad if they don't capitulate to what they really want. They've been doing this for decades. It's really nothing new.

So they want these abortion pills and to give them cover, put in all contraception medication and devices so the Republicans can't say no, or at least some of them to get their agenda passed. No state legislature would ever ban all contraception and they know it. By doing so would be political suicide. Contraception is not a divided issue like abortion. Most all people want it to be available to the public.

Post a link then. I want to see every republican specifically giving their reasons for why they voted no

There's nothing illegal about contraception to begin, so what "ploy" could democrats be coming up with to make republicans look bad? Republicans do that all on their own! The whole purpose behind the bill, was to make certain to keep contraception legal, in the event that the Supreme court struck down another decision regarding it's use.

Before Roe vs Wade was overturned many ppl would say, that it's "political suicide" to support that decision with state laws to ban abortion, blah, blah. But what we discovered is that many republicans love fascism and are doubling and tripling down on the court decision and are gleefully banning abortion in their states.

Its called false marketing hype.
Electric trucks are no good, but that does not mean they won't try to sell them anyway.
Right, because Tesla doesn't care if they get a reputation for failing to deliver on their claims.

You're not smart.

Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

27 Dec 2022 ~~ By Sophia Chang
Don’t count on seeing electric garbage trucks plowing snow from city streets any time soon.
The city Department of Sanitation's goals to become carbon neutral are clashing with the limits of electric-powered vehicles.
The department aims to switch all 6,000 vehicles in its fleet from gas to electric as part of the state’s goal to reduce emissions by 2040. But city officials say they haven’t found electric garbage trucks that are powerful enough to plow snow.
The department has ordered seven electric rear loader garbage trucks, custom-made by Mack and costing more than $523,000 each, with delivery slated for the spring. Used for curbside trash collection, the department’s current rear loader truck fleet runs on diesel and is outfitted with plows to clear streets during snow season.
~Snip~
“How much power do they have? Can they run 12-hour shifts without a charge? I don't know,” Nespoli said.
~Snip~
“With current technology, full electrification isn’t possible now for some parts of our fleet, but we are monitoring closely and really hope it will be,” Gragnani said.

Commentary:
Look to lots more of these high-profile EV fails.
On the bright side. Each EV garbage truck that catches fire and burns clears about 80 feet of road of ice and snow.
All we need is another blizzard like 1947, 1960,1969, 1978, 1982, or 1996. EV plows will not be able to work straight 12 hour shifts or longer.
Prayers up for the New York City people to resolve their issues as best as possible. :thup:

Right, because Tesla doesn't care if they get a reputation for failing to deliver on their claims.

You're not smart.
Maybe Mr. Musk will come up with a viable solution. He's a level-headed man and a friend to the American people. He won't let the city of NY down when he realizes there is a problem to be solved. I know it's hard to be patient when the snow is 12-ft. high. I lived in Wyoming for 35 years where snow can top a 2-story house overnight. Maybe he will help instigate a way to heat and dehydrate the streets of beautiful NY City in harsh weather in the future, and without floods. I wish nothing but safety for the American people who live in NYC. What an amazing city! Love, beautress.

Some don't collect everything, that's the way the system works and survives, however others get back ten times what they put in. My father in 92 years old. I can't tell you how much was spent on him with surgeries, doctors visits, treatments and so on. It's just like any insurance. I paid all these years for auto insurance and never had a claim, nor do expect to since I'm a retired professional driver. Somebody who's been in multiple and much more serious accidents got all their money back and more.

The point is that it's stupid to say the wealthy pay less than the working in taxes when they don't get anything back from paying income taxes, only payroll taxes if they list themselves as an employee of the company. So as always, you're wrong again. The wealthy basically support our entire federal government with the taxes they pay, so if we need more tax money, it's about time the non-wealthy start paying their fair share, and yes, that includes you.
The poor the working class and the middle class already pay too much, super duper. You people are way too much lol.....

Mario Cuomo said that Ronald Reagan made blaming the poor acceptable, and your love and admiration for the greedy idiot rich is noted, along with your total doopiness.... They used to be called the unfortunate. But since Reagan and the Republicans made going to college or getting training so expensive, it's impossible for most people, at least without getting debilitating loans.... So now we have the worst upward mobility, inequality, homelessness, etcetera etcetera ever anywhere in the modern world by far. Great job!

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DBA
But since Reagan and the Republicans made going to college or getting training so expensive
Um, that would be Democrats that run these institutions of "higher" learning. They have become liberal indoctrination machines and take advantage of a very liberal federal education loan program.

Last edited:
Um, that would be Democrats that run these institutions of "higher" learning. They become liberal indoctrination machines and take advantage of a very liberal dederal education loan program.
No it is the Republicans who have been cutting federal and state aid to public universities and others for the last 60 years. This is how Ronald Reagan got started, starting having tuition at California universities which is what they were actually protesting before the Vietnam War. Tax the rich again and invest in America and Americans again.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
No it is the Republicans who have been cutting federal and state aid to public universities and others for the last 60 years. This is how Ronald Reagan got started, starting having tuition at California universities which is what they were actually protesting before the Vietnam War. Tax the rich again and invest in America and Americans again.

Sorry, but providing "free" education and virtually unlimited loans to students to attend high cost universities to get very little productive knowledge is a no-go for most thinking Americans. Democrats are huge proponents of the European "free" education system but are either ignorant or don't realize that in those countries entrance to college is extremely competitive and they don't just allow anyone to major in some non-sensical major on the taxpayer dime. Also, you can forget your woke polices towards diversity because they would go out the window as well. You and many others lives in a fantasy land of balloons and lollipops. You want your cake and to be able to eat it too. Grow up.

Forum List

Back