EV Fail: Rivian Electric Truck Owner’s ‘Honeymoon Phase’ Ends When It Gets Stuck in Snow

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Rivian-R1S-in-the-snow-640x480.jpg

Source

"The owner of a Rivian R1S electric SUV was overjoyed to have his dream electric vehicle after waiting for years. But after owning the car for just days, it got stuck in the snow and immobilized by a safety feature, leading to a $2,100 bill to transport it to a repair facility."

LOL....Hell, even my old 80s era Subaru wagon would have laughed at 2.50' of snow. ;)

Source

"The owner of a Rivian R1S electric SUV was overjoyed to have his dream electric vehicle after waiting for years. But after owning the car for just days, it got stuck in the snow and immobilized by a safety feature, leading to a $2,100 bill to transport it to a repair facility."

LOL....Hell, even my old 80s era Subaru wagon would have laughed at 2.50' of snow. ;)
Shut up shut up shut up and claim your green righteousness by buying what you are told

At the very least, Rivian owes this guy complete reimbursement for the cost to have it towed (more than two thousand dollars), on top of any relevant warranty service.

I have to say that the bit about the vehicle having “immobilized [itself[/i] by a safety feature”[/i], under these sort of circumstances, itself constitutes a serous safety defect, that Rivian absolutely needs to correct.

Customers wife was driving thru deep rain water with the midsize Volkswagen suv I believe.....seems the air intake is close enough to the wheel for it to just pitch the water right in.

I have never seen anyone get charged for a tow with a vehicle under warranty and I doubt they were here.

Source

Lol, according to Brietbart a tow costs 2100$. Lol. Hilarious

I saw a brand new Bronco fail in 1 foot of water.
2022-ford-bronco-everglades-water-fording-features.jpg

Bullshit. A standard Bronco can ford up to 25 inches. Thirty three inches with the Sasquatch package, and 36 inches with the Everglades package.

Source

/——/ Heck, my $300, 1960 VW could handle 2feet of snow.

At the very least, Rivian owes this guy complete reimbursement for the cost to have it towed (more than two thousand dollars), on top of any relevant warranty service.

I have to say that the bit about the vehicle having “immobilized [itself[/i] by a safety feature”[/i], under these sort of circumstances, itself constitutes a serous safety defect, that Rivian absolutely needs to correct.

Interestingly, they don't say what the so-called ''safety feature'' actually is. They just keep saying it's a ''safety feature.''

I wonder if it's the one that'll perhaps eventually be incorporated to remotely manage the movement of what government takes upon itself to deem ''essential and non-essental'' members of the electorate the next time they come up with another reason to lock everyone down...you know...for ''safety.''

I'd shared legislation on here some place a while back where government was lobbying very strongly to make sure the ability to remotely disable all new electric ipads on wheels was incorporated.

Last edited:
Interestingly, they don't say what the so-called ''safety feature'' actually is. They just keep saying it's a ''safety feature.''

I wonder if it's the one that'll perhaps eventually be incorporated to remotely manage the movement of what government takes upon itself to deem ''essential and non-essental'' members of the electorate the next time they come up with another reason to lock everyone down...you know...for ''safety.''

I'd shared legislation on here some place a while back where government was lobbying very strongly to make sure the ability to remotely disable all new electric ipads on wheels was incorporated.
I'm beginning to believe none of it will matter.

1) There's not enough base-load generation capacity to support an electric fleet of 20% of total vehicles, right here and now.

2) That amount of base-load capacity is shrinking by the day, with the preposterous "green" mandates.

3) "Renewables" will never ever fill that gap.

4) It's impossible to come up with al the minerals required to make the change-over in the time frame demanded by the enviroloons running the current clown show.

5) The aforementioned envioroloons will never ever want to aid that development by mining for the minerals here.

This whole EV fad will implode upon the inability of the enviroloons and oligarchs to do simple middle school math.....A decade, tops.

As best I could tell it was a re-set feature that they could have told him about on the phone.

I'm beginning to believe none of it will matter.

1) There's not enough base-load generation capacity to support an electric fleet of 20% of total vehicles, right here and now.

2) That amount of base-load capacity is shrinking by the day, with the preposterous "green" mandates.

3) "Renewables" will never ever fill that gap.

4) It's impossible to come up with al the minerals required to make the change-over in the time frame demanded by the enviroloons running the current clown show.

5) The aforementioned envioroloons will never ever want to aid that development by mining for the minerals here.

This whole EV fad will implode upon the inability of the enviroloons and oligarchs to do simple middle school math.....A decade, tops.

Other than general control over people, I haven't really been able to wrap my head around what it is that these people involved in pushing this stuff are trying to actually acomplish.

The only thing I can really say and be able to make sense of in any way would be that they want to financialize all of nature itself. And ultimately create more financial paper. So, then, collaterize nature itself and then try to sell it off as shares by some natural asset company. Except that now they wanna do it digitally. And centrally. It'd be much easier to manipulate the trade value of it all. And it won't matter if the stalking horse fails if they get away with implementing a CBDC. Because with the implementation of digital central currencies, it frees them from using slower, clumsier means of manipulating these types of value. They'll be able to walk away from their generational crime and fraud at the convenience of a push of a button regardless.

Seems like there's around a half dozen things gong on right now that all come into play. Except they're cmpartmentalized by the main players and being implemented in a way so as to hide relevance. And it all gets debated in the same political, compartmentalized way, too. And generally speaking, people, collectively speaking, just aren't gonna think about it that deply to try to figure out what they're actually up to in scope. The people in media don't care, and even if they did, they're generally about as sharp as a marble themselves, if not just plain untrustworthy even if they did know anything. They're basically just a mouthpiece for the state department and the doner class anyway.
so, then, cliff notes would be that these finite renewables are basically a stalking horse to serve as a stepping stone for full spectrum economic domininance during a technological period of transition where government relies more and more on technology as the primary means of usurp and general control over people. And, of course, getting people more comfortable with a lot more control over their daily lives with all of these so-called smart devices/appliances and whateever else. Use too much water for your laundry, for instance? Pay a fine. They'll just push a button and take it. If they donlt turn your bank account off completely.

Last edited:
Anyway. Placing all of that aside, and so far as the stupid truck in the OP, you couldn't even pay me to own such trinketry. :gay:

Forum List

Back