Smoked Salmon

1605383098062.png

Smoked Salmon Poppyseed bagel, red onion, Capers, and a schmear.
That's the way to do it right.
Paired with a bloody mary.
I don't really drink that much alcohol. I have to look that one up.
>>>The original Bloody Mary is believed to have contained seven ingredients: vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, celery salt, Tabasco and lemon juice.<<<
You have a tiny shot glass, goes with the meal you described, sure, but somebody's going to be an alcoholic and drink the whole 750ml of vodka, however much it is, if there isn't a street gang of under-21 boys breaking into your house for it.
Perfect for a cold afternoon!
Other people are still making my decisions for me over my head and against my will, and I need a hot cup of plain black tea with my bagel.

Poppyseed bagel, red onion, Capers, and a schmear.

What do you add to the tomato juice in the bloody mary?

( I use Worcestershire sauce and Tobasco sauce)

Ditto - I've also switched to Clamato for my base and gotta have Tito's vodka with fresh ground pepper!! :cool:

A dab of some horseradish too. And a lemon wedge. Today's garnish was pickled Cherry Peppers

A dab of some horseradish too. And a lemon wedge. Today's garnish was pickled Cherry Peppers

Gotta have a fresh pepper and lemon or lime wedge!
I forgo the celery stick - Too healthy.
Pickled green beans?

Pickled green beans?
Up across the cheddar curtain (WI) a lot of places garnish with a pickled Brussels sprout.

Pickled green beans?

Celery is healthy because it takes more calories to digest than it provides.

Sort of a negative calorie food.

Pickled green beans?

Celery is healthy because it takes more calories to digest than it provides.

Sort of a negative calorie food.

I use celery as part of a crock pot base or to stuff into a turkey for flavor
That's about the only thing they're good for!

That’s good stuff, but I’ll take a vodka martini with blue cheese olives instead of the Bloody Mary.

I go fishing in SE Alaska every year and smoke pinks and silvers. Nothing store bought can compare.

I go fishing in SE Alaska every year and smoke pinks and silvers. Nothing store bought can compare.
I’m sure that’s true. Back in the 80s and 90s I took clients on fishing charters on Lake Michigan. Some years we caught a lot of salmon and lake trout. I would take it to my local butcher, who would smoke it for me. My family and coworkers loved it when I shared with them.

I’m sure that’s true. Back in the 80s and 90s I took clients on fishing charters on Lake Michigan. Some years we caught a lot of salmon and lake trout. I would take it to my local butcher, who would smoke it for me. My family and coworkers loved it when I shared with them.
The locals snub their noses at pinks although they do grudgingly acknowledge that they are good smoked. They use alder but I can't readily get that so I use oak. The key to smoking salmon - besides proper prep - is to smoke it low and slow. You gotta keep the heat down.

I just got motivated to smoke some tomorrow. :)

The locals snub their noses at pinks although they do grudgingly acknowledge that they are good smoked. They use alder but I can't readily get that so I use oak. The key to smoking salmon - besides proper prep - is to smoke it low and slow. You gotta keep the heat down.

I just got motivated to smoke some tomorrow. :)
I do mine at 225 for hot smoking. It happens really fast so ya gotta watch it really close.
Oak, hickory and apple wood blend but sometimes all apple wood. Brined the night before and of course it's set out to form the pelicle before it goes in the smoke.

Forum List

Back