Singles bar

I'm an introvert. My solitude is very important to me, probably comparable to water for the rest of humanity. I am a confirmed bachelor with a 13-year marriage in my past.

Uh, wouldn't that be bachelorette? :)

I am a confirmed bachelor with an 8 year marriage in my past.

I enjoy the quiet and solitude of my own four walls with my 15, going on 16 year old dog, who has been a sweet and loving four-legged companion through the rough times, and known to be able to play a mean game of fetch!

And I have developed a taste for really fine Whiskey, but I almost never get drunk, ever. Truly, I drink in moderation, and mostly on card night with the gym buddies or at a birthday party or such. I never drink alone, ever. Company policy!

John, you have a great idea with this thread.

I'm an introvert. My solitude is very important to me, probably comparable to water for the rest of humanity. I am a confirmed bachelor with a 13-year marriage in my past.

I enjoy the quiet and solitude of my own four walls with my 15, going on 16 year old dog, who has been a sweet and loving four-legged companion through the rough times, and known to be able to play a mean game of fetch!

And I have developed a taste for really fine Whiskey, but I almost never get drunk, ever. Truly, I drink in moderation, and mostly on card night with the gym buddies or at a birthday party or such. I never drink alone, ever. Company policy!

Nope. I can be whatever I wanna be.

I want a dog. :(

Not confirmed anything. Never say never. I was married 12 years ago. Marriage lasted for almost 2 whole years. Too young and for the wrong reasons. Uh...now I forget all the questions I was supposed to answer...be right back to edit.

ok..back..only one question.

Do you like or dislike being single? No, I dont dislike it, but at times I dont like it either. I have a teenager that keeps me busy but would be nice to find a guy I can stand longer than 3 dates. As I am getting older I am finding that more difficult though. I know some of it is me, being set in my ways (i.e. stubborn) but the other half of it is just lack of quality options. Would rather be single than miserable...as they say.

Last edited:

Should I send you mine? :)

Not confirmed anything. Never say never. I was married 12 years ago. Marriage lasted for almost 2 whole years. Too young and for the wrong reasons. Uh...now I forget all the questions I was supposed to answer...be right back to edit.

Do you like or dislike being single? No, I dont dislike it, but at times I dont like it either. I have a teenager that keeps me busy but would be nice to find a guy I can stand longer than 3 dates. As I am getting older I am finding that more difficult though. I know some of it is me, being set in my ways (i.e. stubborn) but the other half of it is just lack of quality options. Would rather be single than miserable...as they say.

Long story short. I went to a friends wedding. The woman and I used to work together. She would often ask why I wasn't married. Wasn't I afraid of dying alone? She was relentless with her pro marriage pontifications. She was divorced two years later after her husband had caught her cheating. I think marriages that are based on a fear of loneliness tend to be the ugliest marriages. That's not the worst part though! I spent over thirty bucks on a wedding gift! I should at least get my gift back! There should be a law or something!
I think I would also be hard to live with should I get married somewhere in the distant future. I could just imagine my wife wanting to talk about her feelings as I feel myself quietly drowning in an internal pool of WTF. I would end up as a empty husk of dried man meat decaying in an easy chair while loosing myself in an episode of Jeopardy.

Last edited:

I was divorced in 1976. At first it was way good fun, then I started feeling like all these guys were alike. I knew what they were going to say before they opened their mouths with the latest small talk platitude. There was nothing new. I was bored. From about 1990 to 2002 I completely rejected even the slightest possibility of having someone in my life. Then I met my husband who was shall we say, very different. We stayed together until his death in 2010. Now, I am quite happily alone. Not merely happy, but jealous of it and hostile to anyone who would intrude. Not 3 dates worth, but one date worth.

Should I send you mine? :)

Boy or girl? I only ask because I know whatever I got, she'd be in mourning because she doesn't know where daddy went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am married,but it is in name only. I love him. But not in that way. Not like I used to. His ex best friends was his lover and companion for many years and while that affair was going on, the love I had for him died. Slowly and painfully too. But...I got over it. And he got over his affair. We divorced, but never really moved out. Then we got remarried two years ago because now that we are divorced and his affair is dead, we found we were best friends and should have been best friends from the get go instead of husband and wife.

And that nasty skank he loved more than me? It has been gone about 8 years now. It's name? Well, it had two. Jim Beam and Vodka.

So..in short...I am married. But I am single as well. I will never leave him. He will never leave me. Kinda like Will and Grace never really left each other although they did live separate lives.

Well, I am married,but it is in name only. I love him. But not in that way. Not like I used to. His ex best friends was his lover and companion for many years and while that affair was going on, the love I had for him died. Slowly and painfully too. But...I got over it. And he got over his affair. We divorced, but never really moved out. Then we got remarried two years ago because now that we are divorced and his affair is dead, we found we were best friends and should have been best friends from the get go instead of husband and wife.

And that nasty skank he loved more than me? It has been gone about 8 years now. It's name? Well, it had two. Jim Beam and Vodka.

So..in short...I am married. But I am single as well. I will never leave him. He will never leave me. Kinda like Will and Grace never really left each other although they did live separate lives.

Reminds me of a song I love - my daughter introduced me to the song, and then told me later that she heard 'the other woman' alluded to is addiction. Anyway you look at it, I can never see this video without at least misting up.

And I love her voice.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPG1n1B0Ydw]Sugarland - Stay - YouTube[/ame]

You don't sound happy, but resigned. There's nothing particularly wrong with the way you have chosen to live your life, as long as you can reach beyond your resignation to something more satisfactory.

Forum List

Back