Since 2004, 341,107 Americans died from flu_pneumonia...24,364 per year... Coronavirus 592...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
With all the hue, cry and angst spread by the MSM regarding the Covid-19... FACTS:
Average deaths from flu in the last 14 years: 24,364...
Projected deaths for 2020 from flu... 23,000 to 59,000.

These final estimates were that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.
The federal government has urged schools to close because of the swine flu only as a last resort. But schools are closing by the dozens as officials say they are being hit so hard and so fast by the H1N1 virus that they feel shutting down for a few days is the only feasible option.
Swine flu... angst, panic... MSM!!!
"There was nothing else we could do," said Michael Frechette, the superintendent of Connecticut's Middletown Public Schools where a middle school closed for the rest of the week after 120 students stayed home sick Monday and another 25 were sent home by noon. "The only way to stop that transmittal was to keep the kids home for the rest of the week."
The federal government has urged schools to close because of the swine flu only as a last resort. But schools are closing by the dozens as officials say they are being hit so hard and so fast by the H1N1 virus that they feel shutting down for a few days is the only feasible option.
At least 351 schools were closed last week alone —
affecting 126,000 students in 19 states, according to the U.S. Education Department. So far this school year, about 600 schools have temporarily shut their doors

Nothing. No "Social Distancing".
Aug. 7, 2009 - Schools should try to stay open if swine flu hits, new CDC guidelines urge.
Schools and parents should do everything they can to limit the flu spread within schools. They should close only if the school isn't able to function or if the swine flu virus mutates into a more deadly form.
Flanked by three members of the Obama Cabinet -- Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, and Education Secretary Arne Duncan -- CDC Director Thomas R. Frieden, MD, today announced the new guidelines at a news conference.
WHAT???? Where was the MSM calling for school closures NATIONWIDE???

As of March 23, 2020, 7:31 p.m. ET: 46 states have decided to close schools.
Combined with district closures in other states, at least 123,000 U.S. public and private schools are closed, are scheduled to close, or were closed and later reopened, affecting at least
54.8 million school students.

Folks... we've been suckered by the MSM! 24/7... all Cable news is "covid-19"...

All because there are now as of 3/24/2020 10:01:27 AM...46,548 cases in the US with 592 deaths.

Remember...
Swine Flu 12,469 deaths... VS 592 Covid-19.... isn't there some proportion here?
54.8 million kids out of school for Covid-19 vs 126,000 for Swine Flu

Something WAY out of proportion here. Hmmm... let's see Democrat president 2008 to 2016????

If you watch the daily COVID-19 presser where the MSM reporters only want to ask "gotcha" questions of President Trump, you'd know that the MSM is rooting against all things Trump. No matter what Trump does, its bad. Way too much TDS to suit me. However, I do like when they ask the doctors, like Fauci, Birx, Redfield, pertinent questions.

ROTFLMAO!

Really...you quote a timeline of 16 years vs a timeline of...what....6 months? 8 maybe? How does that mean anything at all???

Your post is garbage...people are dying at a rate that matches the projections..and those projections look pretty bad..for the next two weeks--get back to me when you can say that the trend is not matching what the smart people are saying.

Are the Dems trying to scramble for advantage/ of course the hardcore slime are...just as the hardcore slime on the right is doing its best...I'm just waiting to see if the demographic holds true for the Congress--your colleagues dying one by one tends to clear the mind, I bet!

It must skew the results to compare long term records of flu with something still in progress.
Yes it "must".... but again...where was the hue and cry against the CDC for recommending schools stay open during Swine Flu?
The CDC..Between April 2009 and April 2010, CDC held 60 related media events – 39 press briefings and 22 telebriefings – reaching more than 35,000 participants.
Aug 11,2010 WHO announced the end of 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic.
On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died
Let's see.. So far again FACTS: From 02/2020 to today 3/24/20 46,548 cases and first death 02/29/20 through 03/24/2020....593 deaths.
Swine Flu.. 4/2009 to 10/2009... Cases 22 million or average per month over the 6 months..3,666,667 and deaths... 3,900 or average of 650 deaths/month.
Covid-19 first death.. 2/29/20.. Washington state man becomes first U.S. death from coronavirus
Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 11.24.10 AM.png

It's funny how the Trumptards start a flu topic every day.

They really are parrots.

ROTFLMAO!

Really...you quote a timeline of 16 years vs a timeline of...what....6 months? 8 maybe? How does that mean anything at all???

Your post is garbage...people are dying at a rate that matches the projections..and those projections look pretty bad..for the next two weeks--get back to me when you can say that the trend is not matching what the smart people are saying.

Are the Dems trying to scramble for advantage/ of course the hardcore slime are...just as the hardcore slime on the right is doing its best...I'm just waiting to see if the demographic holds true for the Congress--your colleagues dying one by one tends to clear the mind, I bet!
What timeline of 16 years? I've linked unlike to the dates of the Swine Flu 2/2009 to 08/2010! Don't you comprehend the distinction?
Now it's 2020 I hope you understand. So I don't understand your "16 year" reference!

With all the hue, cry and angst spread by the MSM regarding the Covid-19... FACTS:

These final estimates were that from April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010 approximately 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (8868-18,306) occurred in the United States due to pH1N1.
"There was nothing else we could do," said Michael Frechette, the superintendent of Connecticut's Middletown Public Schools where a middle school closed for the rest of the week after 120 students stayed home sick Monday and another 25 were sent home by noon. "The only way to stop that transmittal was to keep the kids home for the rest of the week."
affecting 126,000 students in 19 states, according to the U.S. Education Department. So far this school year, about 600 schools have temporarily shut their doors

Aug. 7, 2009 - Schools should try to stay open if swine flu hits, new CDC guidelines urge.
Schools and parents should do everything they can to limit the flu spread within schools. They should close only if the school isn't able to function or if the swine flu virus mutates into a more deadly form.
Flanked by three members of the Obama Cabinet -- Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, and Education Secretary Arne Duncan -- CDC Director Thomas R. Frieden, MD, today announced the new guidelines at a news conference.

Combined with district closures in other states, at least 123,000 U.S. public and private schools are closed, are scheduled to close, or were closed and later reopened, affecting at least

Folks... we've been suckered by the MSM! 24/7... all Cable news is "covid-19"...

All because there are now as of 3/24/2020 10:01:27 AM...46,548 cases in the US with 592 deaths.

Remember...
Swine Flu 12,469 deaths... VS 592 Covid-19.... isn't there some proportion here?

Something WAY out of proportion here. Hmmm... let's see Democrat president 2008 to 2016????
If you watch the daily COVID-19 presser where the MSM reporters only want to ask "gotcha" questions of President Trump, you'd know that the MSM is rooting against all things Trump. No matter what Trump does, its bad. Way too much TDS to suit me. However, I do like when they ask the doctors, like Fauci, Birx, Redfield, pertinent questions.
Trump is right, this is a hoax.
And I urge all you mouth breathing, inbred, morons to volunteer at a hospital treating COVID patients. Please do not wear protective equipment.

At 11:39 pm on April 14, 1912, the death toll of passengers on the Titanic was zero(0).
Thus, cruise ship pose no risk to the passengers, none.
op, there is your logic.
Apples vs oranges comparison as Dr. Fauci would say!

Remember...

Trump is right, this is a hoax.
And I urge all you mouth breathing, inbred, morons to volunteer at a hospital treating COVID patients. Please do not wear protective equipment.

My my my.... hating is so debilitating to logical thinking and especially to rational discourse. In other words I truly feel sorry for you and don't wish anything bad.

At 11:39 pm on April 14, 1912, the death toll of passengers on the Titanic was zero(0).
op, there is your logic.
my point exactly. When a year, or two passes, then death rates can be compared.

Ah... so that explains why President Obama WAITED till October 24, 2009 nearly 6 months to declare a national emergency.
Where was the MSM during those 6 months? Why weren't they on the air 7/24 complaining about Obama's insensitivity? Obama's ineptitude? Where was the MSM?

President Trump evidently learned from Obama's lack of involvement and declared a national emergency on: March 13, 2020, less than 14 days from the first death!

Remember...

Are you mad because kids are safe at home, or is it something else?

Very true...

“The medical profession is being bought by the pharmaceutical industry, not only in terms of the practice of medicine, but also in terms of teaching and research. The academic institutions of this country are allowing themselves to be the paid agents of the pharmaceutical industry. I think it’s disgraceful.”

op, there is your logic.

Ah... so that explains why President Obama WAITED till October 24, 2009 nearly 6 months to declare a national emergency.
Where was the MSM during those 6 months? Why weren't they on the air 7/24 complaining about Obama's insensitivity? Obama's ineptitude? Where was the MSM?

President Trump evidently learned from Obama's lack of involvement and declared a national emergency on: March 13, 2020, less than 14 days from the first death!
maybe so, whatever the reason I am almost certain he relied on advice from experts, using the best data available.

Remember...

If left unchecked, if we treated Covid-19 like we treat the flu (except for the fact we have no vaccine), it will kill two million Americans.

Got it, tard? Is it FINALLY sinking in?

When the fuck will you fucking assholes stop parroting two month old talking points which were obsolete before your Fox News gods uttered them?

Remember...

Are you mad because kids are safe at home, or is it something else?

I'm not mad at you for your taking care of your kids.
I'm also not mad at the majority of ignorant people that went out and totally depleted at stores, TP, hand sanitizers, etc. because like you I truly feel sorry for your belief that the Covid-19 is worse than the swine flu. That President Trump is as you believe from the MSM inept...even though he declared a national emergency 14 days after the first death and Obama 6 months after the first Swine flu death...all because the MSM like you truly dislike President Trump. That's it. You believe
the MSM which quite frankly as current surveys are showing fewer and fewer people are believe the MSM and those like you and the above "hoarders" just take a little more time to recognize these FACTS about the MSM.
1) In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump. While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
2) In the United States, trust in the mass media, broadly, has fallen from 68% in 1972 to 41% today.

And by the way... again my opinions are generally based on facts and supported by links which I strongly encourage you to do. Doesn't take any time to find out like I did the above facts that only 4 out of 10 Americans trust the media!

op, there is your logic.

maybe so, whatever the reason I am almost certain he relied on advice from experts, using the best data available.
I'm sure he did. But the point is the difference THEN in the reporting, i.e. there never was 7/24 cable news (including and I fault Fox!!) reporting especially against him!
Again when you consider 96% of the MSM money donations went to the Democrats/Hillary vs 4% to Trump... isn't that a clue?
Again... people are getting really tired of the 7/24 coverage of a problem that was the SAME magnitude during Obama but with out the very obvious negative and continual bias against Trump. Remember Trump declared a national emergency 14 days after the first death... Obama 6 months for the swine flu.
Millions of kids not going to school today versus 126,000 students in 19 states during Obama presidency. Where was YOUR angst at that time?

Forum List

Back