Should Everybody Under 75K, Get a Check ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
I'm not 100% certain about who is or isn't in line to receive a coronavirus check, and maybe it's all changing right now, but I'm asking if there should be differences in recipient eligibility, for those of incomes between zero and $75/yr.

Questions:

1. How about those who didn't file an income tax return ? (Incomes under $25/k don't have to file)

2. How about those who didn't file in 2018, but did in 2019 ?

Should the nation as a whole put itself in debt itself further? I don't think so and we live way below poverty level due to circumstances beyond our control. I do think that there should be help for people out there out of work for the basic needs. Basic needs distribution as needed.

Cities, Counties and States should be re-accessing the upcoming year's taxes and create a safety nets for people who are in desperate need. Home owners and rental owners alike during this whole mess should be givin some extra grace by the taxing agencies and the mortgage companies. Many lost their homes and properties during the depression because of the taxing situations. Government agencies need to be more prudent also and cut spending where ever they can and quit going into debt unnecessarily.

The whole nation should learn to be more prudent about their spending habits and this is a prime time to do that.

I'm not 100% certain about who is or isn't in line to receive a coronavirus check, and maybe it's all changing right now, but I'm asking if there should be differences in recipient eligibility, for those of incomes between zero and $75/yr.
In a rush job, the algorithms required for a sliding scale would blow up the IRS computers.

If we don't get money to small businesses QUICK..the whole house of cards comes tumbling down
I agree. When a small business goes under, they don't come back up.

Small businesses cannot stay alive if they are shut down for two months, and that is at least how long this is going to last.

Sending checks is cheaper than people burning their own cities down.
If they are that stupid to burn their own cities down are they needed?

If we don't get money to small businesses QUICK..the whole house of cards comes tumbling down

Small businesses cannot stay alive if they are shut down for two months, and that is at least how long this is going to last.
So basically you are saying many of them are already over-extended and operating beyond their means.

So basically you are saying many of them are already over-extended and operating beyond their means.
You really are an idiot and should not post your stupidity in public.

You really are an idiot and should not post your stupidity in public.
Just because you don't like the truth it isn't my problem or my issue. If you cannot weather a few months or do not have a plan, backing or a banker to help you do so you simply do not have what it takes and you have over extended your means and abilities.

You may want to consider getting a side job to support your failing business. I hear trucking is fantastic right now and whare house workers and stockboys are also in high demand.

Just because you don't like the truth it isn't my problem or my issue. If you cannot weather a few months or do not have a plan, backing or a banker to help you do so you simply do not have what it takes and you have over extended your means and abilities.

You may want to consider getting a side job to support your failing business. I hear trucking is fantastic right now and whare house workers and stockboys are also in high demand.
You don't have a clue.

If you had ever had the balls to start a small business you'd never be spouting that bullshit...but then you don't have the balls and don't know what the fuck you are talking about

In a rush job, the algorithms required for a sliding scale would blow up the IRS computers.

If they are insisting on sending out free money to people, then they should just pick an amount and send it to everyone regardless of income. They can come back later after things get back to normal and reclaim the money from the wealthier people who didn't really need it via next years tax filings. That would be the fastest and simplest approach.

Actually I heard everyone under $100000 a year gets a check for $1200 and couples that earn less than $250000 get $2400 its all based on your 2019 returns...if you didn't pay taxes in 2019 you get $600...unless that's changed...which it could have with these bozo's in DC....

You don't have a clue.

If you had ever had the balls to start a small business you'd never be spouting that bullshit...but then you don't have the balls and don't know what the fuck you are talking about
Taaaaaaaarrrrrrriggggggeredddddddddddd....

And you don't have to do anything....a check will come in the mail or by direct deposit in your account...whichever way you get your tax return...they will use your routing number from the IRS....

You don't have a clue.

Oh piss off you know nothing.

I ran my own businesses (notice plural) since I was a teenager. Over 45 years being self employed and then employing others in various enterprises that I built from the ground up.
What have you done in comparison?

And you don't have to do anything....a check will come in the mail or by direct deposit in your account...whichever way you get your tax return...they will use your routing number from the IRS....
They sound kinda worried they won't get what they think is free money if you ask me.

If they are insisting on sending out free money to people, then they should just pick an amount and send it to everyone regardless of income. They can come back later after things get back to normal and reclaim the money from the wealthier people who didn't really need it via next years tax filings. That would be the fastest and simplest approach.
I agree if they are going to send out money give the same amount to each and catch it back up on the next tax season. Problem may be here next tax season too though if it isn't control before then. Also if the indicators from China's mobile users plays out to be loses of working class the whole country may have even worse financial issues come next year to deal with. A lot of things still up in the air on it all.

Forum List

Back