Should Young Minorities Be Allowed To Buy Guns ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see "weapons of war" in the Amendment.

I see "arms".
"Arms" is so broad, it encompasses "weapons of war" and other items (although it appears to be a distinction without difference).

All firearms are weapons of war. The firearm was developed for war.

We get "weapons of war."

Anybody attempting to infringe on the basis of "weapons of war" is a danger to the people and should be immediately executed by a civilian firearms.

"You are actively trying to end our Second Amendment right and take away our guns," the worker told Biden.

Biden replied: "You're full of sh**."

"I support the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment — just like right now, if you yelled 'fire,' that's not free speech," Biden continued. "And from the very beginning — I have a shotgun, I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge. My sons hunt. Guess what? You're not allowed to own any weapon. I'm not taking your gun away at all."

(Excerpt) Read more at cbsnews.com ...

Biden was 100% right. That guy was full of shit. The AR-15 and AK-47 should be banned. These weapons are designed for military use. They can be loaded and unloaded quickly. You can't have a mortar so why should you have military designed rifles.

The AR was designed and sold to civilians before the military adopted an upgraded version of it. In fact the military didn't adopt it for general use for a full 5 years after it hit the civilian market. You commies should stop listening to your own propaganda.

It was designed to be a military weapon not a civilian weapon. You are the commie since you and Putin are backing the same candidate.

Biden was 100% right. That guy was full of shit. The AR-15 and AK-47 should be banned. These weapons are designed for military use. They can be loaded and unloaded quickly. You can't have a mortar so why should you have military designed rifles.

Talking out of your ass?

AR-15 is not military weapon. AK-47 original is automatic, but for US sales is made semi-automatic, therefore not military weapon.

The civilian version is still basically the military one. There are a few changes to prevent it from firing automatically but that is it.

I ran across this thread, forgot about it and then found it today. I'm late to yet another party, but I'm going to respond before I read the other responses so that I'm not influenced by extraneous matter.

I disagree that people with records should be denied the Right to keep and bear Arms. On that count, where we come up short is in the rehabilitation of people convicted of criminal activity. If you rehabilitate them and they must accomplish certain things (as opposed to being incarcerated for a specific period of time), you would be much more successful.

Currently America has more people in prison than any nation on this planet. Creating two classes of citizens after those people leave prison only strengthens the liberals that want to bury the Constitution. Furthermore, if you cannot trust that individual it is highly irresponsible to allow them to return to the streets of America. Rehabilitation.

In the case of Nicholas Cruz, his record was accumulated as a minor and those records are not available nor should they be. But, let's talk about Nicholas Cruz.

Nicholas Cruz, like virtually every mass shooter (with only a handful of exceptions), was a white male with no father figure and he was introduced to legal drugs with the known side effects of homicidal and suicidal tendencies. He had racked up a minimum of 12 interactions with the local constabularies and maybe as many as 45 interactions with the police. He had been suspended from school on numerous occasions.

We know who these mass shooters are long before they buy their first weapon. When I tell people the solution to this, the gun owners go ape shit because they cannot understand the difference between a civil intervention and the criminal process.

In Georgia (and I suspect most states are the same), the Dept. of Family and Children Services (aka CPS in some states) already has the power to investigate when a child's welfare is at stake. The immediate problem is that in every state, the Dept. of Family and Children Services, the agencies are an absolute clusterphuck. So, you have to fix those agencies. Then, when people like Nicholas Cruz need an intervention, you investigate and then get those children the appropriate help. This can be fixed without tax increases, without more bureaucracies, and without affecting anyone's Rights.
There are so many things I dispute here, I don't know where to begin. Oh well >>>

1. Few things could be more ludicrous than to disagree that people with records should be denied the Right to keep and bear Arms. Of course it depends on the type of records. In Nicolas Cruz' case (I'm not going to list all of his record) it's enough to to cite his public threats to shoot up the school. If his gun seller had known this, he correctly would have denied the sale. To go ahead with it (if that info were known), would be more than incorrect. It would be assinine, and dangerous, as we have seen.

2. Although I sympathize that minors should not be held as accountable as adults,with a record like Nicolas Cruz had compiled, it was ESSENTIAL for that full background to be included in his background investigation. Government's primary responsibility is PROTECTION of the public.

3. Cruz, with a Hispanic surname, has been defined as Hispanic.

4. No, we most certainly DO NOT know who these mass shooters are, and it is lunacies like the Promise Program, and all programs like it, what ever anybody calls them, that make us unable to know them and their backgrounds. It's evident you have not read this thread before posting. Maybe when you have more time (and a lot of it), you can go over it thoroughly, including the many links and sublinks I've posted.

From there, he says he’s only going to take AR-14s away. There are, of course, no such thing as AR-14s, but it’s close enough for the discussion. He later appropriately calls them “AR-15s.” But the sticking point in the heated debate seemed to be Biden’s description of them as “machine guns” while the worker rightly referred to them as semi-automatic rifles. Biden continuously asked him why he needed 100 rounds. The typical AR-15 clip holds 30...

(Excerpt) Read more at noqreport.com ...
It's possible the hardhat said "AR-14" first, and Biden was echoing him.

As for the "machine gun" thing, Biden was making the point that you can't own ANY gun you want by asking the hardhat if he could own a machine gun.

When the hardhat said he was not allowed to own a machine gun, Biden then said it would be the same restriction for AR-15s.

I'm pretty sure that denying second amendment rights based on race or ethnicity will not be accepted by the courts as an exception. :lol:
You misconstrued. We're not talking about denying second amendment rights based on race or ethnicity. We're talking about denying PURCHASING rights to people with invalid background checks (wherin that happens to be because of a ludicrous govt policy that mentions race/ethnicity). While race /ethnicity may have some involvement, nevertheless, the basis for the denial is invalid background check.

One must pass a background check to buy a gun. Not having lots of pertinent information in a background is not passing a background check, and thus the sale must not happen. The cause of the denial is background check insufficency.

Secondly, are you saying that you would sell a gun to someone like Nickolas Cruz ? You think that's OK ?

I thought you liberal guys were strong on background checks. Not any more ?

Talking out of your ass?

AR-15 is not military weapon. AK-47 original is automatic, but for US sales is made semi-automatic, therefore not military weapon.

doesnt matter since the 2nd was specifically for weapons of war,,,

Specifically? Show me where.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What the HELL do you think you defend the "free state" with? Slingshots?

"You are actively trying to end our Second Amendment right and take away our guns," the worker told Biden.

"I support the Second Amendment. The Second Amendment — just like right now, if you yelled 'fire,' that's not free speech," Biden continued. "And from the very beginning — I have a shotgun, I have a 20-gauge, a 12-gauge. My sons hunt. Guess what? You're not allowed to own any weapon. I'm not taking your gun away at all."

The AR was designed and sold to civilians before the military adopted an upgraded version of it. In fact the military didn't adopt it for general use for a full 5 years after it hit the civilian market. You commies should stop listening to your own propaganda.

It was designed to be a military weapon not a civilian weapon. You are the commie since you and Putin are backing the same candidate.

You know what else was designed for military usage? ARPANET - the backbone of the modern day internet.

If you actually believe what you say then get the fuck off the internet. It wasn't designed for you.

Biden says he has a shot gun a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge...isn't Biden a good example of when it's time to take away the guns from grandpa? :dunno:

Why should Biden be allowed to own a shotgun? can you think of a good reason why anyone should own one?
The same reason would apply to a semi- automatic rifle. It depends on where you live and your circumstances.
Biden doesnt NEED a shotgun. He can buy his food in a grocery store right? but it's his opinion that a shotgun is ok to own, just as there are a lot of Americans who have the opinion that there is no reason to own any gun because they themselves have no use for one. You don't have a need for a car either, ride a bicycle instead. Fact of the matter is there are many things and devices that can be used wrongly and made dangerous, but you cant live your life in fear seeing everyone as a perpetrator. There are MILLIONS of AR- 15s out there and the vast majority of them are being used responsibly.

Biden says he has a shot gun a 20 gauge and a 12 gauge...isn't Biden a good example of when it's time to take away the guns from grandpa? :dunno:
Biden is a prime example of these gun arguments. He is mental. Reminds me of my brother in law. No way in hell should he have a gun. They have dementia. Anything could tick them off and the gun will be used maybe. Who wants to take a chance?

Anyway....if your loved ones have been acting like Biden lately, would you want that loved one in charge of your home finances or in control of your bank account or every day living? Probably not. So why the hell would you (general you), want him as POTUS???

GO JOE, GO....YOU DERANGED PIECE OF SHIT!!!

------------

Joe Biden needs to win Michigan. It’s a swing state the President won in 2016, so winning the primary will do more than give Biden more delegates. It will solidify his reputation as being better than Bernie Sanders at defeating President Trump. But at a campaign stop at a factory today, Biden got a little agitated over a question about the 2nd Amendment.

So far, we’ve found two versions of the video. The one above is longer and seems to have better audio, while the one below from Benny Johnson gives a clearer picture of Biden’s angered facial features as he berates the guy.

Joe Biden is touring an auto plant in Michigan, a *must win* for Democrats. A blue collar Union autoworker asks Joe about protecting gun rights. Biden:

– Screams at voter
– Points finger in his face
– Says he will ban “AR-14s”
– Insults him
– Looks scaredpic.twitter.com/xgVLRDd2SR

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) March 10, 2020

Biden initially noted that he wasn’t going to take guns away, noting that “you’re full of sh*t.” Then when the worker mentioned a “viral video” Biden lampooned the notion, comparing it to other viral videos that he seemed to insinuate were false. He then proceeded to describe his love for guns, including shotguns that he and his sons used for hunting.

From there, he says he’s only going to take AR-14s away. There are, of course, no such thing as AR-14s, but it’s close enough for the discussion. He later appropriately calls them “AR-15s.” But the sticking point in the heated debate seemed to be Biden’s description of them as “machine guns” while the worker rightly referred to them as semi-automatic rifles. Biden continuously asked him why he needed 100 rounds. The typical AR-15 clip holds 30...

He was a heartbeat away

What a fucking freak show

GO JOE, GO....YOU DERANGED PIECE OF SHIT!!!

------------

Joe Biden needs to win Michigan. It’s a swing state the President won in 2016, so winning the primary will do more than give Biden more delegates. It will solidify his reputation as being better than Bernie Sanders at defeating President Trump. But at a campaign stop at a factory today, Biden got a little agitated over a question about the 2nd Amendment.

So far, we’ve found two versions of the video. The one above is longer and seems to have better audio, while the one below from Benny Johnson gives a clearer picture of Biden’s angered facial features as he berates the guy.

Joe Biden is touring an auto plant in Michigan, a *must win* for Democrats. A blue collar Union autoworker asks Joe about protecting gun rights. Biden:

– Screams at voter
– Points finger in his face
– Says he will ban “AR-14s”
– Insults him
– Looks scaredpic.twitter.com/xgVLRDd2SR

— Benny (@bennyjohnson) March 10, 2020

Biden initially noted that he wasn’t going to take guns away, noting that “you’re full of sh*t.” Then when the worker mentioned a “viral video” Biden lampooned the notion, comparing it to other viral videos that he seemed to insinuate were false. He then proceeded to describe his love for guns, including shotguns that he and his sons used for hunting.

Biden was right....that guy WAS full of sh*t.

Much like when he went public exposing the Ukrainian Money Laundering Operation, I appreciate Joe Biden for revealing the Stalinist democrat intention to disarm Americans.

Thank you, Quid Pro Joe!

The US government should authorize an investigation of where Promise Programs exist throughout the US, and put a stop to them.
They should also investigate what information has been withheld from police, and if these have any connection to mass shootings, or other serious crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back