Should Welfare be a Disqualification for Voting?

Should welfare be a disqualification for voting?

Should corporations that receive government contracts, tax breaks, subsidies, bailouts, and favorable loans be barred from donating to political action committees?

Should public employee unions be allowed to donate to political action committees?

Do all of these amount to a conflict of interest with the American taxpayer?

As to welfare, look up how many active duty military are on food stamps.

I don't think I can google the answer in five minutes but it is an intriguing question.

How many military are on food stamps. There are more veterans on food stamps in my opinion but I don't have a number.

I posted the question here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/milit...-families-are-on-food-stamps.html#post8409213

Should corporations that receive government contracts, tax breaks, subsidies, bailouts, and favorable loans be barred from donating to political action committees?

Should public employee unions be allowed to donate to political action committees?

No
Yes
No
No

As to welfare, look up how many active duty military are on food stamps.

I don't think I can google the answer in five minutes but it is an intriguing question.

How many military are on food stamps. There are more veterans on food stamps in my opinion but I don't have a number.

I posted the question here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/milit...-families-are-on-food-stamps.html#post8409213

You can get food stamps and WIC in the military if you choose to get married, your wife is jobless, and you live on base. If your wife is working full time and making at least minimum wage it is likely that you do not qualify if you are an E-6/7 or above. Living off base also increases the income of the family and variables apply there. In any case, the military makes so little that it's a disgrace as compared to public federal employees who not only get paid more but can build equity as well. Nevertheless, even without benefits no one starves on base. The chow halls are open to everyone, the food is healthy, and it is relatively inexpensive as compared to a grocery bill.

Last edited:
azmike posted:
1- Yes it should. Living off of everyone else's tax's should disqualify you from voting. Otherwise they will simply vote for more handouts. It's obvious they can't take care of themselves and therefore should have no say in how the country is run.

Ron sez:
So, if a plant in some town is closed and re-opened in China and a couple of hundred people who worked in the plant are forced onto welfare, they should have their voting rights revoked. Doesn't seem very American, does it? It is not their fault the are no jobs available in their town yet you would deny them their basic rights as Americans.

azmike posted:
3- There should be no public unions, at all. Period. Kennedy fucked us all with that one.
Ron sez:
Apparently you have no knowledge of why unions came into existance. It was a common practice for companies and corporations to treat their workers like slaves. One voice cannot affect a company or corporation. Only by joining a union and enlisting thousands of voices were the laws gradually changed. You would throw that all out the window and go back to a nation enslaved by the companies and corporation. Seems to me a union is an assembly of people all having a common goal. If I am not mistaken a part of our Constitution guarantees freedom of assembly.

Oh, and don't even try that bullshit that unions are no longer needed today. Companies and corporations are in business to make as much money as possible. They are not in business to make the lives of their employees better. Remove the restraints on companies and we would go right back to the conditions workers faced in 1900.

So site some examples ... show where Liberals have been against the 1st Amendment right to free speech......

More insanity from you as you ignore the 12 years prior to that which held a 2/3rds Republican controlled federal government, which gave us the worst recession since the Great Depression.

Hence, my comment ... "I'm speaking of Republicans, who often fuck up this nation when they get put into a position to do so."

Harry/Pelosi/Dodd/Frank were complicit in the housing collapse, the facts are there you simply can't allow yourself to acknowledge reality. The worse Bush looked the more promising the 2008 election was for Democrats. Democrat leadership and the rank and file Democrats in the House and Senate of the time are nothing more than traitors to the American people.

[ame=http://youtu.be/hxMInSfanqg]Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis. - YouTube[/ame]

Your ignorance never ceases to astound me. "Harry/Pelosi/Dodd/Frank" were in the minority party when the vast majority of the toxic loans were being written.

4 members of the minority party did not prevent the majority party Republicans from passing the oversight of the GSE's which could have prevented the financial meltdown.

It's hysterical how you brain-dead righties continuously point a guilty finger at 4 members of the minority party while ignoring the majority party whose policies led to the collapse.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I guess you don't recall who ran the House and Senate the last 2 years of the Bush Presidency.

I suppose next you're going to deny Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have substantial ties to the Democrat Party partially evidenced by the video.

You are incapable of political discussion in good faith. Name calling and insults only prove your frustration with accepting reality.

Last edited:
You're a flaming imbecile, there's just no other way to describe you. I have no problem with other parties rising up to challenge the Democrat party. There have been other political parties fade away, that's what I would like to see happen to the Republican party since their policies are often devastating to America. Nor do I subscribe to your hallucination that everyone be "subjected under the government."

Says the far left Obama drone....
No, actually it's your own posts which expose you as a flaming imbecile. I'm just along for the entertainment.

Says the far left Obama drone...

Harry/Pelosi/Dodd/Frank were complicit in the housing collapse, the facts are there you simply can't allow yourself to acknowledge reality. The worse Bush looked the more promising the 2008 election was for Democrats. Democrat leadership and the rank and file Democrats in the House and Senate of the time are nothing more than traitors to the American people.

Nancy Pelosi, Barney Frank, and Democrats are Clueless on Freddie Mac Fannie Mae and the financial credit crisis. - YouTube

Your ignorance never ceases to astound me. "Harry/Pelosi/Dodd/Frank" were in the minority party when the vast majority of the toxic loans were being written.

4 members of the minority party did not prevent the majority party Republicans from passing the oversight of the GSE's which could have prevented the financial meltdown.

It's hysterical how you brain-dead righties continuously point a guilty finger at 4 members of the minority party while ignoring the majority party whose policies led to the collapse.

I suppose next you're going to deny Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have substantial ties to the Democrat Party partially evidenced by the video.

You are incapable of political discussion in good faith. Name calling and insults only prove your frustration with accepting reality.
Say it with me --- "Republicans were in charge of Congress. They get the blame"

It's rather telling though how you focus on the last 7 years, which you framed as a "Democrat federally elected political power control at a minimum of 66.6 %," which was your way to say Democrats are responsible for the last 7 years -- yet you blame 4 members of the minority Democrat party during a period when Republicans controlled 100% of the legislative and executive branches.

Are Republicans responsible for the legislation (or lack thereof) while they were in control of the government??

Seems you're both a partisan AND a hypocrite. :eusa_shifty:

Last edited:

It's rather telling though how you focus on the last 7 years, which you framed as a "Democrat federally elected political power control at a minimum of 66.6 %," which was your way to say Democrats are responsible for the last 7 years -- yet you blame 4 members of the minority Democrat party during a period when Republicans controlled 100% of the legislative and executive branches.

Says the hyper partisan far left Obama drone.

Great ... the pre-K equivalent of, "I know you are but what am I?" How old are you? Four?

OF course. Working for the government should also disqualify you from voting.

Voting shouldn't be allowed because all it does is give politicians an incentive to use the federal treasury to buy votes.

Abolishing government altogether is the only viable solution to the disease of democracy.

Great ... the pre-K equivalent of, "I know you are but what am I?" How old are you? Four?

Says the far left Obama troll.

We could no longer consider ourselves to be a free and independent nation if we start putting our citizens into classes and using the ballot box to silence their voices.

Are Republicans responsible for the legislation (or lack thereof) while they were in control of the government??

The last 2 years of the Bush Presidency Democrats controlled the House and Senate..

Would you rather not acknowledge that fact?

Last edited:

Do you receive employer sponsored health insurance?

Do you have a mortgage?

Then you are receiving welfare.

The last 2 years of the Bush Presidency Democrats controlled the House and Senate..

Would you rather not acknowledge that fact?
Why would I deny that? I'm not a brain-dead rightie who denies reality. Plus, it's irrelevant to my point about the damage Republicans have done to the country.

But how about answering my question ... Are Republicans responsible for the legislation (or lack thereof) while they were in control of the government??

We could no longer consider ourselves to be a free and independent nation if we start putting our citizens into classes and using the ballot box to silence their voices.

Sherry, of course is correct but it's still tempting...:lol:

Pitting the financially advantaged against the financially disadvantaged does us all a disservice. I seriously fucking despise class warfare...now behave yourself.:D

Forum List

Back