Well said…The 6 Key Differences Between Religion And Spirituality
1. There Are No Rules To SpiritualityAs opposed to following a specific ideology or a set of rules spirituality simply lets you follow your heart, it encourages you to listen to your intuition and do what is right for yourself and others around you.
It truly sets you free to be the best you can be and to be a good person with no promise of punishment or reward. The reward is simply your own inner happiness.
2. Spirituality Is Based Only On Love And Not FearDotted throughout religion there is lots of fear. Fear of the consequences of your actions, fear of what might happen after you die if you don’t live your life accordingly.
Well, with spirituality there is only Love, it encourages you to focus all of your energy only on the good, and to act only based on love.
This is a key point for me as any choice made out of fear will not be good for your soul. Whereas decisions made out of love will empower you, make you braver, and feed your soul.
It shows you how to stand despite being afraid, how to move on doing what you feel is right despite the consequences that may come.
3. Religion Tells You The Truth — Spirituality Lets You Discover ItAs opposed to telling you in black and white how the universe was created and why we are here, Spirituality lets you discover these questions and answers for yourself.
It empowers you to find your own truth in all things and sets no limits to how deep you can go in understanding all there is to know.
4. Religion Separates, Spirituality UnitesIn our world, there are many religions and they all preach that their story is the right story.
Spirituality sees the truth in all of them and unites them because the truth is the same for all of us despite our differences and uniqueness.
It focuses on the quality of the divine message they share and not on the differences in details of the story they speak.
5. The Difference Between Karma and PunishmentInstead of talking about punishment or the threat of hell, Spirituality only talks about Karma.
It’s the Law of Attraction — you get what you give. Simple.
6. Walk Your Own PathInstead of ancients stories about angels and Gods, spirituality encourages you to make your own path and create your own stories. This sets you on a journey of enlightenment and self-discovery to which the only limits can be set by yourself.
It encourages you to trust your heart and follow it wherever it may lead you.
If you look at religion it all stems from a deep spirituality. Jesus and Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) for example all had deeply profound spiritual journeys before they embarked on their own journeys.
So I do believe that all religion has truth in it and that many people can be both truly beautiful souls and religious at the same time, but ultimately anything that separates you or creates division is not good for your soul and definitely not good for the greater good of mankind.
Spirituality reminds us that we are not separate, there are no borders, no races, and no cultural divides.
Many people are often confused on what the difference between religion and spirituality really is. Well, this article (right here) is here to help you identify the main differences.blog.mindvalley.com
Sounds about right to me. Maybe it doesn't matter what you believe, if it makes you a better person.
As far as I can tell, the word religion originally meant anything which conformed to (a system of) scruples, so, it would seem that the word fits.
Most is. I believe Christ: NO MAN can come to the Father, except through Me.Agree 100%.
Religion is man-made and therefore corrupt.
LOL! I'm the dweeb, eh?Lol you dweeb