Should we put nukes in South Korea?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
The unnamed impediment to US-NK nuclear negotiations is China, which views NK as a potential bargaining chip in its own negotiatons with the US. Without China's concurrence, NK has little reason to give up its nukes.

The only way to get China to support denuclearizing NK is to turn the tables on them by placing nuclear missiles in SK that are capable of reaching China itself. Just as the Soviets removed their nuclear missiles from Eastern Europe after Reagan ordered ours to be placed in Western Europe, the Chinese would come to the same conclusion about NK.

After all, SK is a lot closed to China that NK is to the US. Thoughts?

China already feels threatened by our military being in SK. Now you want to intentionally threaten them with nukes? I bet if we offered to leave SK they'd agree to reign in NK. That won't happen though because at the end of all things we are the overzealous warmongers that won't stand for our military not being positioned right outside of everybody's anus.

when you have the nuclear triad there is no need for your scenario; subs can launch from just about any water feature near SoKo

The unnamed impediment to US-NK nuclear negotiations is China, which views NK as a potential bargaining chip in its own negotiatons with the US. Without China's concurrence, NK has little reason to give up its nukes.

The only way to get China to support denuclearizing NK is to turn the tables on them by placing nuclear missiles in SK that are capable of reaching China itself. Just as the Soviets removed their nuclear missiles from Eastern Europe after Reagan ordered ours to be placed in Western Europe, the Chinese would come to the same conclusion about NK.

What makes you think we don't already have them there? We have more than 50 in Turkey.

What makes you think we don't already have them there? We have more than 50 in Turkey.

We have plenty enough conventional stuff to destroy everything in NK.

Good idea we need to escalate the fuck out of the situatuon. Really earn that nomination for the peace prize.

Umm, that would certainly be interesting. Comparable to a game of Russian Roluette or bungee jumping when you are 7'5 and you hope they considered the height of people like yourself when they made the rope.

Also, I thought it was the U.S that removed nukes from Turkey when Russia left Cuba? Regardless, I think if N Korea isn't going to denuke, before you send nukes there and risk a nuclear war before they are even in place, I would suggest a sit down with China and let them know, "he is removed from office along with the nukes, or we have no choice but to remove him".

CHina has a great deal to lose if N Korea doesn't make nice. They think they can keep squeezing Trump, but if he remains stubborn, he will succeed.

Umm, that would certainly be interesting. Comparable to a game of Russian Roluette or bungee jumping when you are 7'5 and you hope they considered the height of people like yourself when they made the rope.

Also, I thought it was the U.S that removed nukes from Turkey when Russia left Cuba? Regardless, I think if N Korea isn't going to denuke, before you send nukes there and risk a nuclear war before they are even in place, I would suggest a sit down with China and let them know, "he is removed from office along with the nukes, or we have no choice but to remove him".

CHina has a great deal to lose if N Korea doesn't make nice. They think they can keep squeezing Trump, but if he remains stubborn, he will succeed.
i agree with you, shocked. China has more complicated issues with our president. Best to make nice with China and pressure them on NK.

Our Nukes are still at Incirlik.

Why put missiles on South Korea when our missiles based here in the US and on our submarines can do the job ob China just fine!

What makes you think we have missiles in Turkey?

Those are not missile-based nuclear weapons.

Are there Nukes in Turkey or not?

Can't read for content?

Yes, there are probably nukes in Turkey but for aircraft delivery. We really don't have or need a missile system to deliver warheads over a short distance with our land-based ICBMs and submarine launched ballistic missiles.

Can't read for content?

Yes, there are probably nukes in Turkey but for aircraft delivery. We really don't have or need a missile system to deliver warheads over a short distance with our land-based ICBMs and submarine launched ballistic missiles.

Dumbass, you brought up missiles not me. You are quite the moron.

Can't read for content?

The OP brought it up, dumbass! Read it!

Can't read for content?

The OP brought it up, dumbass! Read it!

Fuck off old man, you brought it up to me. I never said any of them were "missile ready". Keep chain smoking and drinking. The world will be a better place when you're dead.

Forum List

Back