Should we get involved in the war on Drugs by helping Mexico exterminate Cartels?

Should we get involved with the war on drugs and help Mexico exterminate the Cartels?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should we get involved in the war on Drugs by helping Mexico exterminate Cartels?

Yes.

WE can exterminate 66% of the cartels revenue by legalizing POT.

Cost?

Whatever it costs to change the FEDERAL laws regarding marijuana.

Heck no! Let Mexico drown and then we can gain control of it without firing a single shot! Trust me, 103,000,000 mexicans would thank us.

I'd say no, but its too late. The US is already involved down there, from military training for the cartels* to running guns to them.

*Who do ya think trained all them special forces type mexican soldiers that now work for the cartels?

No. Study some history and read about prohibition. People like Al Capone got rich off of the black market supplying alcohol to people who wanted it. People died over it and crime was rampant. Then they repealed prohibition and look where we are today. For the large part, it is controlled and taxed. If you legalized pot tomorrow, you'd see the same thing happen. Alcohol is the model for pot. Legalize it, regulate it, tax it and watch the bottom of the now associated crime drop out.

Disclaimer: I've never used pot and never will. But I believe in the freedom our Founding Fathers risked their life for and that people should be able to engage in the activities of their choice as long as they do no harm to a person or their property.

Last edited:
I'd say no, but its too late. The US is already involved down there, from military training for the cartels* to running guns to them.

*Who do ya think trained all them special forces type mexican soldiers that now work for the cartels?

But of course we are. Have any of you noticed the masked men who have these men in handcuffs? Do they look latino even with those masks on?? Hell NO!!!! They are american military or federal agents. You can fool us sometimes but you can't fool us ALL the time. Besides, when has Mexico EVER done anything right without the help of their 'evil' neighbor to the north????

We have had a war on drugs for years that has been an abysmal failure. Really land hard on the user and the rest is history. No sales no drug lords. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing you have always done and expect a different result. We are insane. close the border and kill anyone trying to come across.

We have had a war on drugs for years that has been an abysmal failure. Really land hard on the user and the rest is history. No sales no drug lords. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing you have always done and expect a different result. We are insane. close the border and kill anyone trying to come across.

I say the oposite - land hard on the PRODUCERS - no production, no drugs, NO USERS! Something like: what came first, the chicken or the egg???? Or should it be: PICK YOUR POISON???

This is a POLL!

Yes or No.

Explain your reasoning. (No calling anyone a dumbass or you WILL be reported)

I say yes, we need to get involved and help Mexico take the bad guys out. Why do I say so?
Because the Cartels are simply doing their own thing still and don't have enough pressure on them. What will our role be if we do get involved and work with Mexico? Our role will be simple and there will not be any use of smart missiles or jets. (basically just essential equipment) IE use of Humvees, Guns, Drones (only for intel), and nothing else.

What would be the benefit of doing so? Less drugs coming accross the border. Lower crime rates in both countries. Lower immigration rates. Less money it will cost us in the long run. And Mexico will be able to rebuild and become a peaceful place again.

It wouldn't do any good. For every cartel there are literally thousands waiting for their position. One dies another is promoted. The Mexican govt is being paid millions upon millions of dollars to turn the other way and even to help protect cartels. It would merely be a war between Mexico and the US and for what purpose?

You know, funny thing here is that US citizens are angry with Mexico for selling drugs. But Mexican citizens are absolutely fed up (and being shot to death) because we are stupid enough to buy them.

While I realize I am new here, I don't really like when someone tells me what I can post and what I can't. I wasn't planning on calling you a dumbass but quite frankly, if you have to spell that out up front, maybe it's not everyone around you.

This is a POLL!

Yes or No.

Explain your reasoning. (No calling anyone a dumbass or you WILL be reported)

I say yes, we need to get involved and help Mexico take the bad guys out. Why do I say so?
Because the Cartels are simply doing their own thing still and don't have enough pressure on them. What will our role be if we do get involved and work with Mexico? Our role will be simple and there will not be any use of smart missiles or jets. (basically just essential equipment) IE use of Humvees, Guns, Drones (only for intel), and nothing else.

What would be the benefit of doing so? Less drugs coming accross the border. Lower crime rates in both countries. Lower immigration rates. Less money it will cost us in the long run. And Mexico will be able to rebuild and become a peaceful place again.

Its a brilliant way to waste money!

Calderon tried to fight the cartels and look how low the crime rate went and how peaceful Mexico got!

Calderon has NEVER tried to fight the cartels! NEVER EVER! He's the highest paid person in the world to NOT fight the cartel.

Simply put, if he even attempted to fight the cartel he would be dead within 24 hours. They have far more power combined than he does.

I say the oposite - land hard on the PRODUCERS - no production, no drugs, NO USERS! Something like: what came first, the chicken or the egg???? Or should it be: PICK YOUR POISON???

Wrong.

Drugs are the real unregulated free market.

As long as there is a demand someone will fill that. Considering the rewards are so high it would not take long for someone to come along and fill that need. Legalize pot and the illegal market will get smaller and smaller. Look at alcohol. There is a real small market for illegal moonshine because it is so easy and safe to purchase it legally.

Last edited:

But of course we are. Have any of you noticed the masked men who have these men in handcuffs? Do they look latino even with those masks on?? Hell NO!!!! They are american military or federal agents. You can fool us sometimes but you can't fool us ALL the time. Besides, when has Mexico EVER done anything right without the help of their 'evil' neighbor to the north????

To be honest, they do a few things right.

They don't have 30,000,000 illegals collecting welfare.

They have verrrrry few items that say, "Made in China" written on them. ANYTHING from China brought to MX is so heavily taxed upon crossing the border that it is far cheaper to buy good 'ol "Made in Mexico" items.

They have taken many of the jobs US citizens used to do, making cars, clothing, computer products. (Not saying that is good for the US, it's not. But we are talking about a MX perspective here.)

Their schools are superior to most of our US schools.

College is totally affordable even for the poor. It's almost free. To repay the govt for a college education you work for the govt for a year when you graduate for free, then you get your diploma, license, what have you. They don't come out of medical school hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. They can afford to go to college. Can many of our own high school grads say the same?

Don't get me wrong, as a US citizen living in Mexico I'm not beginning to claim Mexico is better or anything similar. But they can do quite a few things without our help and sometimes, in spite of it.

They have verrrrry few items that say, "Made in China" written on them. ANYTHING from China brought to MX is so heavily taxed upon crossing the border that it is far cheaper to buy good 'ol "Made in Mexico" items.

They have taken many of the jobs US citizens used to do, making cars, clothing, computer products. (Not saying that is good for the US, it's not. But we are talking about a MX perspective here.)

College is totally affordable even for the poor. It's almost free. To repay the govt for a college education you work for the govt for a year when you graduate for free, then you get your diploma, license, what have you. They don't come out of medical school hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. They can afford to go to college. Can many of our own high school grads say the same?

Don't get me wrong, as a US citizen living in Mexico I'm not beginning to claim Mexico is better or anything similar. But they can do quite a few things without our help and sometimes, in spite of it.

Good, stay there and don't come back.

Good, stay there and don't come back.

HA! Oh my goodness, you are jealous of Mexico! LMFAO!

Thing here is, you don't get to determine where I live. I am a US citizen, I can live in MX or the US and you don't even get a say in the matter. See how that works?

When you can't refute the facts, stomp those feeties instead! :lol:

We don't need to get involved with guns again since operation fast and furious was such a disaster in that guns found there way into the heads of the drug cartels in turn were found to have killed American Citizens. I think we need to let them deal with their own problems since we are supposedly dealing with it's far reaching effects of it here already. The largest and most ruthless gang in the US today is MS 13, which come from either Guatemala or Honduras. They have hooked up with the Zeta cartel to smuggle guns, drugs, and money for them in return for help getting more of them into the USA. We need to allow our law enforcement agencies to do their jobs and not have their hands tied by the current Obama administration and his flunky Eric Holder. Let them do their jobs and things would improve.

Your question presumes that we could exterminate the cartels.

I doubt that's possible as long as there's big money in the black market

Forum List

Back