Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
50 nations, nothing! It was us. It was real, real cold in Inchon, I hear, and the whole thing was on us, and the Chinese poured across the border and we LOST.

Let's don't do that again.
So many do not know the history....I am not going to waste much time trying to correct everyone.....the history is easily available.

The United Nations, with the United States as the principal participant, joined the war on the side of the South Koreans, and the People’s Republic of China came to North Korea’s aid. After more than a million combat casualties had been suffered on both sides, the fighting ended in July 1953 with Korea still divided into two hostile states. Negotiations in 1954 produced no further agreement, and the front line has been accepted ever since as the de facto boundary between North and South Korea.

Are you lonely or just desperate for attention?

Welcome to ignore
Pathetic.....I know you will continue to listen to how I will continue to terrorize you with the truth.

I have noticed many times how atheists complain about the Jehovah Witnesses knocking on their door.

In my entire life I have only had them knock on my door once and I lived across the street form one of their churches.

I think the atheists have a problem with them but not because the J.W's harass them.

We don't have hundreds of thousands of American citizens in Taiwan!!!!! OR China the mainland. If we do, they aren't really Americans at all. That was disgusting, all that talk about Afghans who were supposedly "American citizens" but were born in Afghanistan, living there now, not planning to leave -------- I call those Afghans. Same with China OR Formosa.

As for trillions of dollars, we throw that away on every little pissant territory anywhere, every year, apparently. Not of interest.

Extortion? From whom? You are not being clear here: China extorting something, or Taiwan?

Instant enslavement of millions? That's the norm. Happened a couple weeks or months ago in Hong Kong, and you weren't carrying on about going to war with a nation five times our size for them. I am not interested in that issue: I am interested in the fact that Taiwan is to China as Cuba is to the USA, and nobody better be messing with Cuba, as I do recall Kennedy making real, real plain. (And I cried all that night, too ---- personally, I'd rather avoid nuclear war. You may think it will be fun, but I bet you change your mind if it happens.)
First off Afghanistan was about laundering money for the rich elite... destroying terrorists was just an added benefit.

Hong Kong was a territory of the UK on lease from China. They were autonomous and didn't care if PRC controlled them...until they did. Now they aren't really happy with the results. Too late iMHO. (But not really)
Citizens of Hong Kong act more British than anything... unconcerned about anything until it does concern them individually. And they have an issue with forming alliances with anyone other than themselves. (And even that is tenuous at best)

Cuba is nothing like Taiwan. Over the years Taiwan has diligently sought to better themselves and the citizens (which were political agenda exiles from PRC).
They have always been teachers and educated people. Cuba has only been interested in Tobacco, fishing, hotels and rum...and a relaxed attitude towards education.

Millions of dollars went gone after Cuba went communist...(hotels, farms, and boats)
They rode the boats back to America anyway...

Taiwan has been a land of exiles...cut off from everything on Mainland China for decades (except for Hong Kong which was UK controlled)
And now that Taiwan can buy mainland China with OUR MONEY the PRC wants to invade it's "prison island"?

The hostage situation is just that...60-70% of all computer chips are manufactured on that island. And there won't be any if the PRC controls it.

What in the world are you going on about?
So you think it's acceptable to be robbed and then held hostage?

I think it is acceptable to always work in your nation's own best interests.

Not promote and incentivize the offshoring of manufacturing and investment to the point of internal harm....

THEN turn round thirty years later, and blame the same nation you helped make a world power...for your problems.

No.

I do say that with some hesitation though. One hand I'd hate to see Taiwan be taken over by China and the people living there don't want that. But, china technically owns Taiwan so in all honesty if it belongs to them then it's well within their right to take back their property.

So I say no if I divorce myself from emotion, we shouldn't interfere at all because it's none of our business and it belongs to China. No one has the right to tell someone they can take back what belongs to them.

Why does it belong to China?

'Should the US defend Taiwan?'

Against who? The CCP? Can't do that - the Bidens would owe them a couple million dollar refund.

:cool:

50 nations, nothing! It was us. It was real, real cold in Inchon, I hear, and the whole thing was on us, and the Chinese poured across the border and we LOST.
None of that is true

50 nations against communist aggression
mean something

And we won

South Korea is a free country today

So many do not know the history....I am not going to waste much time trying to correct everyone.....the history is easily available.

The United Nations, with the United States as the principal participant, joined the war on the side of the South Koreans, and the People’s Republic of China came to North Korea’s aid. After more than a million combat casualties had been suffered on both sides, the fighting ended in July 1953 with Korea still divided into two hostile states. Negotiations in 1954 produced no further agreement, and the front line has been accepted ever since as the de facto boundary between North and South Korea.
Yeah, that's what I said. Good summation. Talk about a lost war! And as for all those other countries helping fight? Suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrre, just like Iraq and Afghanistan, some were there in small numbers, but not much account.

First off Afghanistan was about laundering money for the rich elite... destroying terrorists was just an added benefit.

Hong Kong was a territory of the UK on lease from China. They were autonomous and didn't care if PRC controlled them...until they did. Now they aren't really happy with the results. Too late iMHO. (But not really)
Citizens of Hong Kong act more British than anything... unconcerned about anything until it does concern them individually. And they have an issue with forming alliances with anyone other than themselves. (And even that is tenuous at best)

Cuba is nothing like Taiwan. Over the years Taiwan has diligently sought to better themselves and the citizens (which were political agenda exiles from PRC).
They have always been teachers and educated people. Cuba has only been interested in Tobacco, fishing, hotels and rum...and a relaxed attitude towards education.

Millions of dollars went gone after Cuba went communist...(hotels, farms, and boats)
They rode the boats back to America anyway...

Taiwan has been a land of exiles...cut off from everything on Mainland China for decades (except for Hong Kong which was UK controlled)
And now that Taiwan can buy mainland China with OUR MONEY the PRC wants to invade it's "prison island"?

The hostage situation is just that...60-70% of all computer chips are manufactured on that island. And there won't be any if the PRC controls it.
Whatever. NO WAR FOR TAIWAN!!! I was listening to a guy on Fox with just this same opinion, who said what I think: If we fight China for Taiwan, we will lose.

And that will be a nuclear war: good-bye Chicago.

Simple yes or no. I say yes, we should defend nearly any freedom loving allied nation from them

The answer s obvious:
What you don't protect and preserve, you lose.​
Our loss is China's gain.​
Once China sees the Biden USA weakness, they will explode in further grabs of power.​
So yes we have to defend Taiwan to protect our own interests, but China knows that Biden won't because he already sold out to them years ago, just has much of our federal government.​
XiLiberty.jpg

None of that is true

50 nations against communist aggression
mean something

And we won

South Korea is a free country today
We lost: we were supposed to free ALLLLLL of Korea.

50 nations in there???!!!! Give me strength. Weren't nobody there but us chickens, same as usual. Maybe a few tokens from some countries sucking up to us, but I only say that because that happened in Iraq, not because I ever heard of anybody doing any of the fighting in Korea but us.

Whatever. NO WAR FOR TAIWAN!!! I was listening to a guy on Fox with just this same opinion, who said what I think: If we fight China for Taiwan, we will lose.

And that will be a nuclear war: good-bye Chicago.
PRC is saber rattling pure and simple.
They will be unable to afford a conflict. If they wish to be just like Russia all they need do is engage America in a war. Russia is still wanting an opportunity to attack them and make them pay for their behavior...PRC hasn't stolen intellectual property from only America. Then there's how PRC behaved during Korean War. Stirring up conflict...

Our technology is superior and PRC will find out about embargoes and loss of ports and infrastructure immediately...they are much more vulnerable than the USA due to their junk bond crisis.

They will lose several trading partners who buy more than they sell...and they can't afford that.

They are on the verge of self destruction now...their only hope is to grow their economy to get out of their crisis. Evernote is only the tip of the iceberg.

We lost: we were supposed to free ALLLLLL of Korea.

50 nations in there???!!!! Give me strength. Weren't nobody there but us chickens, same as usual. Maybe a few tokens from some countries sucking up to us, but I only say that because that happened in Iraq, not because I ever heard of anybody doing any of the fighting in Korea but us.
There were probably a dozen nations with troops in Korea

And dozens more that contributed in other ways

No matter how you look at it the Korean War was a US success

Forum List

Back