Should states outlaw Scientology?

I don't even think you understand what I posted, not sure why.
I didn't say that you said "is". I Said what is, is.
As in right now churches do have exemption status, and
I don't think Scientology should have that exemption
1st A gives them exemption,,

who are you to dictate over another persons religion??

501c3 is a contract with the government and amounts to asking permission,,
thats the same fight that just happened about the 2nd A

1st A gives them exemption,,

who are you to dictate over another persons religion??

501c3 is a contract with the government and amounts to asking permission,,
thats the same fight that just happened about the 2nd A
It's my opinion, WTF???
I don't think that Scientology is a church....Again MY OPINION!
It's a scam...again that's MY OPINION

what youre doing is having a tantrum because you cant murder as many babies as you want to,,,

No. I'm adopting the opinions and positions of people I had disagreed with. You've won me over. I've seen the light.

And with that new found light, all has become so clear. Scientology is bad stuff. It should be made illegal by whatever states want to ban it. I hope states start banning it right away. You are not free to swindle and hustle people out of money.

Let's say 25 states outlaw Scientology. That's fine, right? Anyone who wants to be a Scientologist can just move to another state, right?

There is no deeply held tradition in this country to engage in Scientology, so it's actually fine to outlaw it.
EXCEPT, there is a first amendment, the free exercise of religion........so no can do...The Constitution is awesome, just give it a chance.

EXCEPT, there is a first amendment, the free exercise of religion........so no can do...The Constitution is awesome, just give it a chance.

Doesn't apply to the states, only the federal government. States can ban Scientology. Plus, if only some of the states ban it, then nobody's rights would actually be violated anyway, because you can just go to another state if you want to do Scientology.

That's the thing, you don't have to. Because you can go to another state. Plus, the constitution applies to the federal government, not the states.
Wrong, the Constitution is the Law of the Land....its supreme. Things not in it (murder, rape, most crimes) are left to the 10th Amendment, the states.....So California could pass a law allowing murder and it would be Constitutional, but I doubt it would be popular, even among leftwing nutjobs.

So California could pass a law allowing murder and it would be Constitutional, but I doubt it would be popular, even among leftwing nutjobs.

I wouldn't be so sure. If their leaders told them that thinning out the population is good for the planet, they would probably be ok with it. They are that far gone.

Wrong, the Constitution is the Law of the Land....its supreme. Things not in it (murder, rape, most crimes) are left to the 10th Amendment, the states.....So California could pass a law allowing murder and it would be Constitutional, but I doubt it would be popular, even among leftwing nutjobs.

But the constitution does say that the states aren't allowed to pass laws about religion. It only says that Congress cannot pass such a law. So the states are free to outlaw Scientology.

Forum List

Back