Should somebody need an ID to vote?

Ok. Good example. I would support modifying that law to provide a grace period (eg 90 days) after expiration. A current or recent ID means that the person has taken steps with the state to validate that they still are alive and living within the district.
How about allowing for "permanent ID's for anybody over 65, or that voluntarily gives up a drivers license. Call it a "forever ID"

A current or recent ID means that the person has taken steps with the state to validate that they still are alive and living within the district.
Place of residence can be complicated. You disclose where you want to reside. But can live anywhere you want.

The irony is that angry voters is why it's hard to prove voter disenfranchisement.

After Georgia passed a voter ID law, the number of Georgia voters went up. But that was because people like Stacy Abrams registered so many new voters, it far outnumbered the number of voters disenfranchised by the ID law.

It probably is what lead to Georgia sending a democrat to the white house, and two to the senate.
Not hard to outnumber "zero"..............unless we are talking about your IQ.

Not hard to outnumber "zero"..............unless we are talking about your IQ.

Overly burdensome photo ID requirements block millions of eligible American citizens from voting. As many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have the kind of ID that is required by states with strict ID requirements, and that percentage is even higher among seniors, minorities, people with disabilities, low-income voters, and students.

Many citizens find it difficult to obtain government photo IDs because the necessary documentation, such as a birth certificate, is often difficult or expensive to acquire.

Place of residence can be complicated. You disclose where you want to reside. But can live anywhere you want.
There needs to be strict guidelines on where you reside and the criteria for determining that. If I have multiple residences in the US, there is and ought be criteria one that determines where I vote.

Well, some people might not like this opinion, but I really don't mind if some people don't vote because they aren't able to provide basic identification.

What kind of grown U.S citizen can't provide some form of basic identification? Should I really care whether or not a person like that expresses their opinion through voting? Is that a productive person whose opinion should be seen as valuable? I don't think so. I actually wouldn't mind if extremely ignorant and unproductive people voted less.

What if they are not vaccinated?

Overly burdensome photo ID requirements block millions of eligible American citizens from voting. As many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have the kind of ID that is required by states with strict ID requirements, and that percentage is even higher among seniors, minorities, people with disabilities, low-income voters, and students.

Many citizens find it difficult to obtain government photo IDs because the necessary documentation, such as a birth certificate, is often difficult or expensive to acquire.
Weird how you can make tons of outlandish claims, then refuse to bring links to back them up and think anyone here isn't laughing at you.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :itsok: :itsok:

There needs to be strict guidelines on where you reside and the criteria for determining that. If I have multiple residences in the US, there is and ought be criteria one that determines where I vote.

An example is Mitt Romney. He moved to Utah to run the olympics in Salt Lake. Only to claim he never moved out of Massachusetts, so he could run for governor there.

Already read it. You are lying.
Then you saw the list of people who testified, and had their disenfranchisement verified by the commission when they questioned the poll workers.

So that number certainly isn't ZERO is it?

Then you saw the list of people who testified, and had their disenfranchisement verified by the commission when they questioned the poll workers.

So that number certainly isn't ZERO is it?
Weird how is was only "verified" by your leftist commission, and not a single court agreed.

Weird how is was only "verified" by your leftist commission, and not a single court agreed.
The courts weren't involved. This is an after election (after the USSC ended the counting) investigation.

So repeat after me, the number disenfranchised wasn't ZERO like you claimed.

Well, some people might not like this opinion, but I really don't mind if some people don't vote because they aren't able to provide basic identification.

What kind of grown U.S citizen can't provide some form of basic identification? Should I really care whether or not a person like that expresses their opinion through voting? Is that a productive person whose opinion should be seen as valuable? I don't think so. I actually wouldn't mind if extremely ignorant and unproductive people voted less.
Who needs another ID card or another ID anything. A drivers license most often has a photo and the voter ID issue is voter suppression matter. A voter ID will not stop
fraudulent voting however the photo ID on a drivers license, state ID card or perhaps a passport is sufficient.

Gathering every thing one needs for this not necessary voter ID could be a hassle for many people, it will take time, money and be frustrating. Just last week I presented my drivers license = all went swell.

BEGIN ORGANIZING YOUR VOTING DAY PACKETS = Democracy NOW

Voters must assume well organized ANTI AMERICAN FASCIST CONSERVATIVES aka ALEC may have purged YOU from the voting rolls. Any way possible

Okay let's plan ahead. VOTE VOTE VOTE

And check often to see if you as a voter have been purged.

Voters ORGANIZE A VOTING DAY PACKET which should contain:

--- a birth certificate

--- drivers license or state ID card

--- proof of voter registration etc etc etc.

--- Keep this information close by for at least 100 years.

Let's get on with it. WE voters have a mess to clean up.

CONSERVATIVES will never give up squashing democracy and YOUR right to vote.

Who needs another ID card or another ID anything. A drivers license most often has a photo and the voter ID issue is voter suppression matter. A voter ID will not stop
fraudulent voting however the photo ID on a drivers license, state ID card or perhaps a passport is sufficient.

Gathering every thing one needs for this not necessary voter ID could be a hassle for many people, it will take time, money and be frustrating. Just last week I presented my drivers license = all went swell.

Actually they never should have used drivers licenses for voter ID. If they want to require a particular ID to vote, they should make a national ID card to be used for national purposes like voting in federal elections, complying with federal firearms laws, etc.

A drivers license should identify who can legally drive
Social security cards, for those to collect social security.

Forum List

Back