Should somebody need an ID to vote?

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
Well, some people might not like this opinion, but I really don't mind if some people don't vote because they aren't able to provide basic identification.

What kind of grown U.S citizen can't provide some form of basic identification? Should I really care whether or not a person like that expresses their opinion through voting? Is that a productive person whose opinion should be seen as valuable? I don't think so. I actually wouldn't mind if extremely ignorant and unproductive people voted less.

Well, some people might not like this opinion, but I really don't mind if some people don't vote because they aren't able to provide basic identification.

What kind of grown U.S citizen can't provide some form of basic identification? Should I really care whether or not a person like that expresses their opinion through voting? Is that a productive person whose opinion should be seen as valuable? I don't think so. I actually wouldn't mind if extremely ignorant and unproductive people voted less.

If someone is such a fuckup that they can't figure out how to get an id card, do we really want to give them a say on the nation's policies? That how you end up with a senile doofus walking around in a fog serving as President.

ID's speed up the line considerably. They just zap your info off the back and the computer gerbils automatically put you on the screen as registered if you are. Much faster than the little old ladies having to put their pencil in their bun, flip through pages of books looking fer ya, put their little ruler on your name, make you recite your information, then pull their pencil out of their buns and check you off. Of course if republicans opposed ID's, the dems would demand them. That is just how ridiculous this has all become.

I would even go as far as going back to only land owners voting.

In those days of course, property tax was the government principal source of income, so allowing only landowners a say honored the beloved principal of "he who pays the piper gets to call the tune." In the modern age, income taxes play a much bigger role so this should be amended.

In those days of course, property tax was the government principal source of income, so allowing only landowners a say honored the beloved principal of "he who pays the piper gets to call the tune." In the modern age, income taxes play a much bigger role so this should be amended.
Okay. I'd go there.

The problem arises as Republicans move from ID to the standards of acceptable ID

Any discrepancy in name or address can be grounds for rejection
People in the cities and elderly people do not have drivers licenses and their form of ID is not acceptable

The problem arises as Republicans move from ID to the standards of acceptable ID

People in the cities and elderly people do not have drivers licenses and their form of ID is not acceptable

I'm elderly, and am a resident of the largest city in Mercer County.

I have a drivers license, it isn't a problem for us urban geezers as you pretend.

If you have a Bank account, live in an apartment and many other things you must provide photo ID that is Government issued, so let cut the nonsense because all the left is doing is losing this debate!

I'm elderly, and am a resident of the largest city in Mercer County.

I have a drivers license, it isn't a problem for us urban geezers as you pretend.
Many no longer drive and have allowed their license to expire

If you have a Bank account, live in an apartment and many other things you must provide photo ID that is Government issued, so let cut the nonsense because all the left is doing is losing this debate!
Not anymore
Most people bank online or through an ATM
Many people have lived in the same apartment for decades and never provided ID. The same people have voted for decades and now are being rejected

Forum List

Back