Should Politicians Be Locked Up When Doing Wrong During The Course of The Job?

What about cops? Same thing.

Why/why not?
What is wrong with you?...if we locked up every cop that had a complaint registered against him or her we would have no cops left.....
if you want to blame someone for police brutality look towards the blue state leaders for making the job of law enforcement harder and more dangerous....

If a law is broken and they are convicted in a criminal court, then yes.

If not...no.

What is wrong with you?...if we locked up every cop that had a complaint registered against him or her we would have no cops left.....
if you want to blame someone for police brutality look towards the blue state leaders for making the job of law enforcement harder and more dangerous....
My OP wasn't referring to complaints.

I clarified earlier that it pertained to committing crimes.

I believe I stated "things that you or I would certainly go to jail for".

I believe cops ought to be subject to the same laws that we are.

That's law and order.

Last edited:

I believe I stated "things that you or I would certainly go to jail for". I believe cops ought to be subject to the same laws that we are.

That's law and order.
They are held responsible more than anytime in history in this nation....

I believe I stated "things that you or I would certainly go to jail for". I believe cops ought to be subject to the same laws that we are.

That's law and order.
No, that is fantasy land.

Whoever holds the power is above the law

It always works that way.

Well yes if they commit a crime and are convicted, and sentenced to jail or prison.

BUT WAIT:
  • Committing a crime. The problem is that nothing they do is considered a crime! Try lying to the FBI like Hillary did and destroying government evidence. The problem is that it has always been up to those committing the crimes to define their own punishments and they are all crooks.
  • Convicted. When is the last time you saw a politician in court? At best, you get senate "hearings."
  • When is the last time you heard of a major politician in jail?
This is the fundamental flaw to our government. No accountability. Our lying media. No accountability.

Well yes if they commit a crime and are convicted, and sentenced to jail or prison.

BUT WAIT:
  • Committing a crime. The problem is that nothing they do is considered a crime! Try lying to the FBI like Hillary did and destroying government evidence. The problem is that it has always been up to those committing the crimes to define their own punishments and they are all crooks.
  • Convicted. When is the last time you saw a politician in court? At best, you get senate "hearings."
  • When is the last time you heard of a major politician in jail?
This is the fundamental flaw to our government. No accountability. Our lying media. No accountability.
Well, I just answered the question....it's obvious there are often two different justice systems, depending if you are a high level D, or not

What about cops? Same thing.

Why/why not?
Why not? We just saw 'why not' with the 4 years of witch hunts against Trump. They indicted him in the press, they used the FBI to float false documents, they falsely impeached him twice. The Founders seemingly knew that some politicians are fucking liars and political backstabbers.

Absolutely, France just did it right and threw Sarkozy in jail. South Korea did it 2 years ago with their former PM.
Well, I don't think they threw him in jail.
The judge said Sarkozy did not need to serve time in jail. He could serve the sentence by wearing an electronic bracelet at home.

But he was sentenced, so that's something.

Forum List

Back