Should police unions be abolished?

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.
Ana Avendaño, former member of an AFL-CIO race commission

Sure and also get rid of teacher unions.

Sure, because the First Amendment is an outdated premise.
Hey while we are at it, let’s abolish the silly, outdated, notion of tribal nations and recognize that these are defeated and subjugated people who should get over it.

Blacks are fighting back against racial injustice. I applaud and support them. I wish Native Americans had that much clout and power.

Michael Jordan Pledges To Donate $100 Million To Racial Justice Efforts
All rich Progs must donate 95% of their wealth to the cause. Otherwise it means nothing. And the money must be managed in a wise and prudent manner. The untold hundreds of billions of dollars if not trillions would invigorate areas with a direct injection into economic streams. Can you imagine all of the Entertainers and Sports Players who let us know about their politics doing this? A cause is more important then comforts when you could, still have them if you give up most of what you have.

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.

sure--we would not want a free America, you nazi

“Decades of police reform efforts have proved that the Minneapolis Police Department cannot be reformed and will never be accountable for its action,” the city council said jointly at a rally on Sunday. “We are here today to begin the process of ending the Minneapolis Police Department and creating a new transformative model for cultivating safety in our city.”

The overwhelming support on the 13-member council reflects a veto-proof majority. It’s unclear so far what a new model of policing would look like, but the lawmakers said they would engage “with every willing community member in the City of Minneapolis over the next year to identify what safety looks like for everyone.”

Sounds good.

“Decades of police reform efforts have proved that the Minneapolis Police Department cannot be reformed and will never be accountable for its action,” the city council said jointly at a rally on Sunday. “We are here today to begin the process of ending the Minneapolis Police Department and creating a new transformative model for cultivating safety in our city.”

The overwhelming support on the 13-member council reflects a veto-proof majority. It’s unclear so far what a new model of policing would look like, but the lawmakers said they would engage “with every willing community member in the City of Minneapolis over the next year to identify what safety looks like for everyone.”

Sounds good.
So you admit Democrats have failed Minneapolis. They've been in charge for 50 years.

Teachers Unions first!

Funny. Who have teachers killed?

Teachers are not the issue, TEACHERS UNIONS are the issue. What part is not clear to you.

National Education Association General Counsel Bob Chanin stated in July 2009.

Chanin: "It is not because we care about children. And it is not because we have a vision of a great public school for every child. NEA and its affiliates are effective advocates because we have power. And we have power because there are more than 3.2 million people who are willing to pay us hundreds of millions of dollars in dues...."

Says it all does it not?

There should be no such thing as public sector unions in general. Either you have civil service protections, or you have unions, not both.

I hardly agree with you on anything but I do think the unions should go away. I think teacher unions need to go too.> They keep bad people and when they should lose their jobs... The guy who killed George Floyd had how many people he abused.. Still on the force.. On the teachers they just move bad teachers to another school. Just watching waiting for superman, about the DC school districts.

You're trying to conflate history with current reality. I've been in several unions in my lifetime. As I said in the OP: I have always supported unions - but not police unions.
A good beating of the criminals sends them a message. No reason to give in to the liberal demands when they weaken the power of the police who need to control neighborhoods that are full of thugs.

I hope unions are watching this.

Democrats pander to unions but when it comes time to stand by them, Democrats take a knee.

What union will be next?

Forum List

Back