Should police unions be abolished?

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.
Ana Avendaño, former member of an AFL-CIO race commission

Not abolished, but certainly they need to have their power to do harm, and to protect bad cops, eliminated.

Other unions protect bad workers. The UAW protected convicted war criminals like John Demjanjuk for decades.

How many people did UAW members choke and kill?

1_LnPgBHC8ZMI4FzM_FEZuqA.jpeg

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.

I agree! No government workers should have unions. They're supposed to be serving the people.
For a long time, that was not allowed!

You know of any other unions besides firefighter that can't strike?

And your point is...?
My point is that if you abolish the union, there'd be hell to pay. People who live in shitholes like yourself are the ones who call the cops the most.

How do you know where I live? I live in a very rural mountainous area.

If you live in a very rural area, you don't understand the inner cities. People make all kinds of bullshit complaints about the police and the unions help them address those bullshit lies.

Funny. During my career I have lived and worked in large cities - including D.C. In fact, I was working in D.C. during the Martin Luther King riots in 1968. It was hell.

Your French ?

View attachment 346745

Iron Eyes Cody was Italian.

Interesting I always thought he was French

Not abolished, but certainly they need to have their power to do harm, and to protect bad cops, eliminated.

Other unions protect bad workers. The UAW protected convicted war criminals like John Demjanjuk for decades.

View attachment 346747

A Pinto? That's funny. BTW, the UAW workers didn't design the Pinto. Ford executives did.

I agree! No government workers should have unions. They're supposed to be serving the people.
For a long time, that was not allowed!

It never made sense, public employ3es needs unions to protect them from themselves

View attachment 346747

A Pinto? That's funny. BTW, the UAW workers didn't design the Pinto. Ford executives did.

Executives are designers now?

View attachment 346747

Executives are designers now?

Let me rephrase that for you. The designers would be "salaried" employees - not UAW labor members.

No they should not. You do that, and you might as well prepare for civil war.

Fine by me. You want to get to the Union busting business and start with a top Union that has donated to Democrats, go ahead. Further, it was only by the strong relationship between police unions and Democrats that the cop in the Henry Louis Gates case agreed to the bullshit beer summit with Obama.

Fine by me. You want to get to the Union busting business and start with a top Union that has donated to Democrats, go ahead. Further, it was only by the strong relationship between police unions and Democrats that the cop in the Henry Louis Gates case agreed to the bullshit beer summit with Obama.

Trump could have a crack cocaine summit

I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?
A gun banning labor union needs a gun banning police union to enforce the gun ban.
Well guns are banned. No shit. A labor union is a labor union and they're all Democrats.

No. Just Defund police. With no police department you dont have a police union

Bullshit.

Working people do kill working people. Because of unsafe acts.

One reason we have unions.

I'd rather keep the Police uniions and aboslish the others.

They should be strengthend and increased.

Forum List

Back