Should police unions be abolished?

The Atlanta cops who are engaged in "sickouts" should be punished in some way. Suspend sick leave and/or other benefits.

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.
Ana Avendaño, former member of an AFL-CIO race commission

Now y’all care about it...funny....how you always thought so but didn’t say shit.

Yes police unions should go. So should teachers unions which are far more harmful to the public. Teachers unions negotiate against students. They are not for the well being of public school. They make it impossible to fire bad teachers, and make it hard for the good teachers to shine and set an example. They force conformity in teaching. If you’re worried about teachers salaries, I have a simple solution. Fire half of the administration staff in schools that has been ballooning out of control the past couple decades.

New Topics

Forum List

Back