Should police unions be abolished?

From the OP:

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.
Ana Avendaño, former member of an AFL-CIO race commission
Doctors has killed people on purpose. You for getting rid of them. Hell the Clinton's have killed alot of people.

Why must you taint this thread with your political bias? This thread is not a Democrat verses Republican problem - it's an American problem.
No it isn't, you loons politicize everything. The police are turning on you. So you turn on them, see I supported them before you pissed them off.

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

The labor movement stands for working people, and working people don’t kill other working people.

So long as they endorsed Dems they were good. Now they dump Biden, and suddenly they should be disbanded.

STFU and GTFO.

From the OP:

You really ought to read up on the labor riots of the late 19th and early 20th centuries if you actually believe that propaganda is true.

Maybe you should also.

I have and I'm from the heavily unionized northeast which is exactly why I know what I'm talking about and you do not. Both pro-union and anti-union working people were murdering each other in the streets.

You're trying to conflate history with current reality. I've been in several unions in my lifetime. As I said in the OP: I have always supported unions - but not police unions.

By the way - our military is not unionized. Nor should it be. It reports to civilian authority.

I think so. I have always supported unions - but not police unions. What do you think?

Police unions have long occupied an uneasy place within the labor movement. Many otherwise fierce trade unionists believe they need to be curbed in the interest of public safety and social progress. That might include opening their bargaining sessions up to public oversight, or restricting what they can bargain over. Some go so far as to say they should be abolished completely.

You know of any other unions besides firefighter that can't strike?

And your point is...?
My point is that if you abolish the union, there'd be hell to pay. People who live in shitholes like yourself are the ones who call the cops the most.

And your point is...?
My point is that if you abolish the union, there'd be hell to pay. People who live in shitholes like yourself are the ones who call the cops the most.

How do you know where I live? I live in a very rural mountainous area.

And your point is...?

If you live there, it's a shithole. Nature does not produce shitholes, it's the people that live there that do. See, it's that simple.

And your point is...?

If you live in a very rural area, you don't understand the inner cities. People make all kinds of bullshit complaints about the police and the unions help them address those bullshit lies.

Legally, most teachers. (Not that it stops them.) Most government employee and some utility unions cannot strike.

We agree on something! Who knew?

FDR.png

the post office.....

The short answer is YES most definately. In fact no public sector worker should be allowed a union as they work for taxpayers not independent parties and they are already fairly represented when they go to the polls and vote in elections.

The Constitution recognizes the right of the people, including Police Officers, to peacefully assemble and the right to free association. Further, it guarantees the right of people- including police- to petition the government with grievances. You could do away with collective bargaining for government employees including the cops. But, no , you can't get rid of police unions.

Well...yes, you could. Maybe there would still be a "police union", but making it completely powerless could be done.

How weird...imagine that ladies and gentlemen...our bottom feeding filthy underclass doesn’t like authority, law and order....hahah

From the OP:

You really ought to read up on the labor riots of the late 19th and early 20th centuries if you actually believe that propaganda is true.

Maybe you should also.

I have and I'm from the heavily unionized northeast which is exactly why I know what I'm talking about and you do not. Both pro-union and anti-union working people were murdering each other in the streets.

You're trying to conflate history with current reality. I've been in several unions in my lifetime. As I said in the OP: I have always supported unions - but not police unions.

By the way - our military is not unionized. Nor should it be. It reports to civilian authority.
and they get paid shit too.....

And your point is...?

If you live in a very rural area, you don't understand the inner cities. People make all kinds of bullshit complaints about the police and the unions help them address those bullshit lies.

Funny. During my career I have lived and worked in large cities - including D.C. In fact, I was working in D.C. during the Martin Luther King riots in 1968. It was hell.

Decades ago. All government employee unions should be eliminated.
why their unions and not private companies?.....do the bosses in the govt treat their people so good they dont need one?...

Corruption, mostly. It's a government monopoly, and there is no true balance when bargaining. Hell, even Franklin Roosevelt understood this.
lots of unions seem to be kinda corrupt.....ok so who intervenes if the employees are getting fucked over and there is unsafe working conditions?....

Forum List

Back