What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Our Military be Unionized?

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds ridiculous to any rational person, but for the Libtards out there, if the police should be unionized, why not the military? I await your reasoned response...

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
HA! That's a good one, like cops are brave enough to join something without a union.

Dante

On leave
Reaction score
I know this sounds ridiculous to any rational person, but for the Libtards out there, if the police should be unionized, why not the military? I await your reasoned response...

The Military is so different, it actually has it's own code of justice. Methinks you're not only ridiculous, you're not too bright.

Maybe you will join the Union of Concerned Trolls?

OP
J

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score

The Military is so different, it actually has it's own code of justice. Methinks you're not only ridiculous, you're not too bright.

Maybe you will join the Union of Concerned Trolls?

Civil Service has its own employment rules too, Brainiac.

blastoff

Undocumented Reg. User
Reaction score
Our military is fine as it is, great at breaking things and killing people. But unionize them and a troop of Canadian girl scouts could probably take them out.

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Reaction score

We can't have soldiers going on strike. We can't have unions reps on the battle field, the military is a unique situation that requires a commitment to the unit and the mission over self. It sometimes requires sacrifice. Unions are sorta counter productive to that idea.

Mad Scientist

Feels Good!
Reaction score
We can't have the Military goin' on Strike! How are we supposed to get a decent War started if they do that?

emptystep

VIP Member
Reaction score
I joined the Pentagon Federal Credit Union while in the service. Does that count?

emptystep

VIP Member
Reaction score
We can't have the Military goin' on Strike! How are we supposed to get a decent War started if they do that?

Carrying a large sign in a combat zone should end the strike quickly.

Charter Member
Reaction score

We can't have soldiers going on strike. We can't have unions reps on the battle field, the military is a unique situation that requires a commitment to the unit and the mission over self. It sometimes requires sacrifice. Unions are sorta counter productive to that idea.

Well, it's something to think about, because we now have little queer bait butt boys openly serving, why not union? One would have thought that faggots would never openly pollute our military but the they did.

tjvh

Reaction score
Imagine the power a Union President would wield when he had the backing of our Military... Sorry, but I'm not into Military dictatorships.

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score

They shouldn't be unionized, because if we're able to pay them less and restrict their rights in the workplace,

we'll get better people.

(That's the conservative argument for busting the teachers' unions)

emptystep

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was driving my nice green van in the Netherlands. There was someone in uniform with beautiful long golden blond hair and the nicest ass you ever seen in you life. As I drove by 'she' was a he. I wanted to drive myself off a cliff. In the Netherlands their military personal can join a union and wear their hair anyway they like.

tjvh

Reaction score

They shouldn't be unionized, because if we're able to pay them less and restrict their rights in the workplace,

we'll get better people.

The argument for busting Teachers Unions is for rewarding Teachers for performance, not tenure.

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score

we'll get better people.

The argument for busting Teachers Unions is for rewarding Teachers for performance, not tenure.

No it isn't. Don't lie.

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score

The military is a unique enough part of society/government that it has its own separate code of laws.

Your analogy is shit.

OP
J

jwoodie

Gold Member
Reaction score

The military is a unique enough part of society/government that it has its own separate code of laws.

Your analogy is shit.

So is your "reasoning." Are you familiar with Civil Service regulations? Should the police be able to strike if your house is being broken into? Or fire fighters if your house is on fire? Please explain why they should be able to withhold life saving services.

bucs90

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is an easy answer.

No.

Why? Because whacko right wingers have been outraged any time someone dares compare cops to the military. "Its not the same" they declare. And it's true, it's not the same. Sure, both "protect us". And sure, there isn't much difference in a 25 year old LAPD SWAT guy kicking in the door of a dangerous person with an AK.........and a 25 year old Army soldier kicking in the door of a dangerous person with an AK...........but......they aren't the same.

So no. Dumb question. You right wingers have siad they aren't the same. Some of you have outright said "Fuck 'em" to our cops, while blindly supporting anything and everything spent on military.

So...no. They can't unionize. IT's not the same.

bucs90

Gold Member
Reaction score

Your analogy is shit.

So is your "reasoning." Are you familiar with Civil Service regulations? Should the police be able to strike if your house is being broken into? Or fire fighters if your house is on fire? Please explain why they should be able to withhold life saving services.

Hey dumbass: There are laws in place that prevent cops from striking. Its illegal. They cant do it. They can unionize, they can refuse to sign new employment contracts. But....no cop who is currently employed can "strike".

You right wingers are fucking retards some days. Now STFU and pay your taxes.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Reaction score

Go read the Constitution.

Seriously.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List