Should Everybody Under 75K, Get a Check ?

If we don't get money to small businesses QUICK..the whole house of cards comes tumbling down
I agree. When a small business goes under, they don't come back up.

Small businesses cannot stay alive if they are shut down for two months, and that is at least how long this is going to last.
So basically you are saying many of them are already over-extended and operating beyond their means.
You really are an idiot and should not post your stupidity in public.
Just because you don't like the truth it isn't my problem or my issue. If you cannot weather a few months or do not have a plan, backing or a banker to help you do so you simply do not have what it takes and you have over extended your means and abilities.

You may want to consider getting a side job to support your failing business. I hear trucking is fantastic right now and whare house workers and stockboys are also in high demand.
Small businesses are hopes and dreams. They are invariably undercapitalized and nearly all of them are one month or less from bankruptcy.

That's the real world kid, deal with it.
Then they should have kept their business open no matter what the government said.

If we don't get money to small businesses QUICK..the whole house of cards comes tumbling down

Small businesses cannot stay alive if they are shut down for two months, and that is at least how long this is going to last.
So basically you are saying many of them are already over-extended and operating beyond their means.
Just because you don't like the truth it isn't my problem or my issue. If you cannot weather a few months or do not have a plan, backing or a banker to help you do so you simply do not have what it takes and you have over extended your means and abilities.

You may want to consider getting a side job to support your failing business. I hear trucking is fantastic right now and whare house workers and stockboys are also in high demand.
Small businesses are hopes and dreams. They are invariably undercapitalized and nearly all of them are one month or less from bankruptcy.

I agree small businesses are hopes and dreams but that doesn't mean one should live their lives under the gun constantly spending every dime they have and expecting a bailout whenever trouble comes. It creates a society of spoiled brats who demand whatever they want to be handed to them without putting forth their own efforts first.
When was the last small business bailout?

Then they should have kept their business open no matter what the government said.
Don't be stupider than you have to be, Son.

"Uh, Bob? You know how we took Trump's tax cut and used it to buy back stocks instead of giving our workers a raise?"

"I know. The stock is kaput now."
ei
Didn't hurt Burr though. He sold his and told his rich GOP buddies to sell theirs...before the market crashed

I agree small businesses are hopes and dreams but that doesn't mean one should live their lives under the gun constantly spending every dime they have and expecting a bailout whenever trouble comes. It creates a society of spoiled brats who demand whatever they want to be handed to them without putting forth their own efforts first.

Two centuries ago, Tocqueville pointed out that that's pretty much the promise of Liberalism....and fools buy it!

Alexis de Tocqueville, writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.” It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”

Two centuries ago, Tocqueville pointed out that that's pretty much the promise of Liberalism....and fools buy it!

Alexis de Tocqueville, writing “Democracy in America” in the 1830’s, described “an immense, tutelary power, which takes sole charge of assuring their enjoyment and of watching over their fate.” As he predicted, this power is “absolute, attentive to detail, regular, provident, and gentle,” and it “works willingly for their happiness, but it wishes to be the only agent and the sole arbiter of that happiness. It provides for their security, foresees and supplies their needs, guides them in their principal affairs, directs their industry, regulates their testaments, divides their inheritances.” It is entirely proper to ask, as he asked, whether it can “relieve them entirely of the trouble of thinking and of the effort associated with living.”
Wow, way to misquote.

He was a huge fan of American democracy, you root

Wow, way to misquote.

He was a huge fan of American democracy, you root

But not of Liberalism.

Learn what quotation marks mean, you dunce.

Should the nation as a whole put itself in debt itself further? I don't think so and we live way below poverty level due to circumstances beyond our control. I do think that there should be help for people out there out of work for the basic needs. Basic needs distribution as needed.

Cities, Counties and States should be re-accessing the upcoming year's taxes and create a safety nets for people who are in desperate need. Home owners and rental owners alike during this whole mess should be givin some extra grace by the taxing agencies and the mortgage companies. Many lost their homes and properties during the depression because of the taxing situations. Government agencies need to be more prudent also and cut spending where ever they can and quit going into debt unnecessarily.

The whole nation should learn to be more prudent about their spending habits and this is a prime time to do that.
You think the stimulus would put ourselves further into debt? Have you considered the alternative? How much debt do you think they country would put itself into if we did no stimulus and we went into a depression? Say 25% unemployment and a large fraction of small and large businesses going under. Mortagae foreclosures, bankruptcies... etc etc. compare the costs of both scenarios and let me know what you come up with.

Actually I heard everyone under $100000 a year gets a check for $1200 and couples that earn less than $250000 get $2400 its all based on your 2019 returns...if you didn't pay taxes in 2019 you get $600...unless that's changed...which it could have with these bozo's in DC....
2018 taxes. 2019 taxes not due yet. More or less what I heard except it was a $75K cap and if you fell between $600 and the top you got a check for the amount of taxes you paid in in 2018. For example if you paid in $614 in federal income tax, your check would be $614.00

Demoocrats blocked the bill as republicans were back at home healing from the virus.

Never let a crisis go to waste... insufferable folks, time to vote them out in November.

Should the nation as a whole put itself in debt itself further? I don't think so and we live way below poverty level due to circumstances beyond our control. I do think that there should be help for people out there out of work for the basic needs. Basic needs distribution as needed.

Cities, Counties and States should be re-accessing the upcoming year's taxes and create a safety nets for people who are in desperate need. Home owners and rental owners alike during this whole mess should be givin some extra grace by the taxing agencies and the mortgage companies. Many lost their homes and properties during the depression because of the taxing situations. Government agencies need to be more prudent also and cut spending where ever they can and quit going into debt unnecessarily.

The whole nation should learn to be more prudent about their spending habits and this is a prime time to do that.
You think the stimulus would put ourselves further into debt? Have you considered the alternative? How much debt do you think they country would put itself into if we did no stimulus and we went into a depression? Say 25% unemployment and a large fraction of small and large businesses going under. Mortagae foreclosures, bankruptcies... etc etc. compare the costs of both scenarios and let me know what you come up with.
You think it will stave off a depression? I don't think it will unless a lot of people change their habits. Businesses large and small were going under before the pandemic.

I’ll probably max out my donations to the Trump campaign and use the rest to treat the nurses I work with.

There are some people who are on pensions and they haven't been discontinued. Should they send the check back?

Forum List

Back