Should conservatives pull all their money out of the stock market?

It occurred to me that since corporations all seem to be more concerned about being woke and climate change and less on making profits, in addition to Marxist loons running the country, there is virtually no upside to investing in the stock market

It will get much, much, MUCH worse!

Everyone seems to agree with this. so why not pull all money out?

Yes, you should pull all your money out, that will teach them! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Please do it soon so I can buy some good bargains

It occurred to me that since corporations all seem to be more concerned about being woke and climate change and less on making profits, in addition to Marxist loons running the country, there is virtually no upside to investing in the stock market

We own around 9500 shares in the company my wife works for. This time last year the stock was running around $32 per share. Today it closed at $66. On paper the value of our stock is about $627,000. However, as we know only too well from recent experience selling some of it, taxes and fees add up and whatever we sell is added to her total income for the year and taxed again. Judging by the sharp increase in price per share after her company released a product last spring, we'll likely see the stock jump to the mid $80 range or higher by winter unless some great catastrophe befalls her company. By then she'll have received 2500 more shares, which have fully vested the following year. Selling stock is great for small to medium purchases and vacations but you really have to watch your ass when doing so or you can find yourself suddenly in the next higher tax bracket come the following April. The best course in our case is to hold onto it, for now, and pay close attention to daily share value.

Well, when the zombie apocalypse finally happens, you'll be set. Me, I might ask to borrow that single bullet you're saving
I’m less worried about zombies than I am Progressives. As for that single bullet, it’s got my initials engraved on it, not yours; so it wouldn’t do you any good. It’s leave you here as a ghost forever.

We own around 9500 shares in the company my wife works for. This time last year the stock was running around $32 per share. Today it closed at $66. On paper the value of our stock is about $627,000. However, as we know only too well from recent experience selling some of it, taxes and fees add up and whatever we sell is added to her total income for the year and taxed again. Judging by the sharp increase in price per share after her company released a product last spring, we'll likely see the stock jump to the mid $80 range or higher by winter unless some great catastrophe befalls her company. By then she'll have received 2500 more shares, which have fully vested the following year. Selling stock is great for small to medium purchases and vacations but you really have to watch your ass when doing so or you can find yourself suddenly in the next higher tax bracket come the following April. The best course in our case is to hold onto it, for now, and pay close attention to daily share value.
You're not getting taxed on any sales unless you are withdrawing the money as a source of income. What money you make by buying and selling in your 401K is not taxed until you withdraw the money. I don't know what you're talking about, honestly.

Cause you broke fuckers don't have any money. We saw MAGA-land on January 6th, 2021.

You can't pull money out of a market that you don't have any money in.

You talk an awful lot about others being broke. The majority of broke losers in this country are Democrats like yourself. Who doesn't know that?

You're not getting taxed on any sales unless you are withdrawing the money as a source of income. What money you make by buying and selling in your 401K is not taxed until you withdraw the money. I don't know what you're talking about, honestly.

I thought he said they own shares of stock from his wife's company. I didn't see anything about it being in a 401k, therefore they are taxed on gains when shares are sold.

Conservative or liberal - the SELL signs are plastered all over the place. This market is going nowhere but down as Xidenflation roars and interest rates levitate.
Of course we know liberals can't read signs - only party propaganda - so will ignore the signs. Still, it's only fair to point them at the same clues. We conservatives have never overcome our basic urge to keep others from harming themselves. Or others....like babies.

Actually, I think that if you can just buy at the normal rate until about August, and then pump in as much as you can, you'll see an ROI of about 140% by January. But it takes nerve to do it. The market is going to bounce around a bit until then. That has nothing to do with the election. I think its just the way it will shake out.
It has everything to do with expectations about the election. There may be a run up just before the election, but the reality of our true economic condition will drive stock prices lower next year.

You talk an awful lot about others being broke. The majority of broke losers in this country are Democrats like yourself. Who doesn't know that?
Was it Democrats who attacked the Capitol on January 6th, 2021? Most of those broke losers didn't have jobs, or worked as peasants somewhere, as it became apparent when the charges were filed and their backgrounds revealed. Poor white trash describes a lot of Trump supporters.

Conservative or liberal - the SELL signs are plastered all over the place. This market is going nowhere but down as Xidenflation roars and interest rates levitate.
Of course we know liberals can't read signs - only party propaganda - so will ignore the signs. Still, it's only fair to point them at the same clues. We conservatives have never overcome our basic urge to keep others from harming themselves. Or others....like babies.
Only an IDIOT sells right now.

Don't be one.

I'm always amazed to talk to my friends who are in their 60s like me and have such high percentages of their money in the markets. I don't think they will be living out of a van if the bottom falls out, but it still seems very risky to me. The next couple years could be pretty ugly.

I'm always amazed to talk to my friends who are in their 60s like me and have such high percentages of their money in the markets. I don't think they will be living out of a van if the bottom falls out, but it still seems very risky to me. The next couple years could be pretty ugly.
You're right Mike, if you had a substantial portion in a money market/cash before the crash, you'd be looking at a lot of buying opportunities right now. I don't think most people are thinking of buying right now, because there is not a recovery in the immediate future. You still have to play the long game, but it's hard to be optimistic now.

You're right Mike, if you had a substantial portion in a money market/cash before the crash, you'd be looking at a lot of buying opportunities right now. I don't think most people are thinking of buying right now, because there is not a recovery in the immediate future. You still have to play the long game, but it's hard to be optimistic now.
The only money we are putting into the market is through DRIPs that we've owned for a very long time. I took my risks when I was young so I wouldn't have to be risky when I got old.

Damn! My hands are sore from rubbing them with glee as I watch liberals jump INTO Xiden's sinking stock market.

Keep up the good work ladies/'gentlemen/gender confused folks! You're ensuring the decent is gradual with the peak hitting along about September or October when panic sets in and Xiden gets the rightful blame. He might even resign. But then he'd have to be shown how to do that.

Corporations are making money?

Have you watched earnings?

Cracker dude just buy the pillow guys bullshit and shut the fuck up.

Damn! My hands are sore from rubbing them with glee as I watch liberals jump INTO Xiden's sinking stock market.

Keep up the good work ladies/'gentlemen/gender confused folks! You're ensuring the decent is gradual with the peak hitting along about September or October when panic sets in and Xiden gets the rightful blame. He might even resign. But then he'd have to be shown how to do that.
Just bought 200 shares of AMD at $81 and I'm going to enjoy the rally.

Was it Democrats who attacked the Capitol on January 6th, 2021? Most of those broke losers didn't have jobs, or worked as peasants somewhere, as it became apparent when the charges were filed and their backgrounds revealed. Poor white trash describes a lot of Trump supporters.

Sure, there are some poor white trash Republicans and Trump supporters, but that doesn’t negate the fact that the vast majority of the poor in this country vote for Democrats. That is the point.

Forum List

Back