Zone1 Should college professors be committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in order to be hired by a university?

You have your reward. Live without my praise.
Still not sure what you’re driving at. I wasn’t asking for anyone’s praise. I was showing how much more beneficial it is to prepare for a career, work hard, and enjoy the fruits of one’s labors rather than look to CEOs who earn a ridiculous amount and be resentful.

The stock market is a glorified form of gambling. Stock owners are absentee landlords. The work is done and the wealth is created by the employees of companies.
And the employees are able to support themselves and live nice lives, and retirees who invested able to fund their retirement, because the owner started up a corporation.

The stock market is a glorified form of gambling. Stock owners are absentee landlords. The work is done and the wealth is created by the employees of companies.
I don't give shit. I took a gamble on an investment and in this case I won and I made good money. Playing the stock market is gambling. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

I don't give shit. I took a gamble on an investment and in this case I won and I made good money. Playing the stock market is gambling. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
Over the long run, you will win.

Are you telling me you don’t invest in stocks? You would have averaged about 10% per year over the last few decades if you had.

Whites have no reason to apologize to blacks. We have nothing to feel guilty about.
Many people respectfully disagree with you.

The country, they feel, needed to apologize for hundreds of years of slavery and 100 years of de jure and de facto segregation,

So starting in the 1960s, the country under the leadership of President Lyndon Johnson started to steer the nation in another direction.

This is 2023.

A large percentage of ethnicity X acts in an abominable fashion, to be sure.

But there is no going back to the 1950s (when I was a teenager).

As you know, by 2050, Caucasian Americans will no longer be the majority of people. They will remain the single most numerous group until they are surpassed by Hispanic Americans.

Some very sincere people predict that a country comprised mostly of Hispanic and African American people can keep the United States of America in the ranks of the world's most successful nations.

Some people respectfully disagree.

Still not sure what you’re driving at. I wasn’t asking for anyone’s praise. I was showing how much more beneficial it is to prepare for a career, work hard, and enjoy the fruits of one’s labors rather than look to CEOs who earn a ridiculous amount and be resentful.
This is the immediate effect of Reagan's tax cuts for the rich. Little has changed since then.

inequality.jpg

The politics of envy is the best issue the Democrats have. When they exploited it they dominated the United States. That was not all. From the end of the Second World War to the last year Jimmy Carter was president the national debt as a percentage of gross domestic product declined from 114% to 32%.

US National Debt by Year

During this time the top tax rate never got below 70%, and was often higher.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/02inpetr.pdf

As a result of Republican tax cuts for the rich, the national debt as a percentage of GDP grew to 129% during Trump's last year in office.

Now Republicans are using the rise in the national debt for which they are responsible as an excuse to cut domestic programs they have never liked, but which they know are popular with the voters.

For years public opinion surveys have indicated popular support for a more progressive tax system.

Some very sincere people predict that a country comprised mostly of Hispanic and African American people can keep the United States of America in the ranks of the world's most successful nations.
The world's most successful nations are nations where nearly everyone is white, and of European ancestry, or Oriental.

I do not see how the United States will benefit from a lower average IQ, and higher rates of crime and illegitimacy.

This is the immediate effect of Reagan's tax cuts for the rich. Little has changed since then.

View attachment 830906

The politics of envy is the best issue the Democrats have. When they exploited it they dominated the United States. That was not all. From the end of the Second World War to the last year Jimmy Carter was president the national debt as a percentage of gross domestic product declined from 114% to 32%.

US National Debt by Year

During this time the top tax rate never got below 70%, and was often higher.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/02inpetr.pdf

As a result of Republican tax cuts for the rich, the national debt as a percentage of GDP grew to 129% during Trump's last year in office.

Now Republicans are using the rise in the national debt for which they are responsible as an excuse to cut domestic programs they have never liked, but which they know are popular with the voters.

For years public opinion surveys have indicated popular support for a more progressive tax system.

Well of course people want a more progressive tax policy. As we see by people who vote Democrat, they always want “other people” to pay for things - and redistribute money to them. You yourself have seen what happens when work is not required of people.

As it is, the top few percent pay the bulk of the tax, and the bottom half pay next to nothing. I think everyone should have some skin in the game, even if it’s a token amount. This way we stop the thinking of half of all Americans that “other people” fund the government, and that much of people’s earnings get distributed to them. It discourages responsibility.

I do not see how the United States will benefit from a lower average IQ, and higher rates of crime and illegitimacy.
There are people who agree with you.

But this view is considered too hurtful to be said in public.

We are asked to believe that the future United States of America will resemble the country we see portrayed in TV commercials: people of different ethnicities, genders, religions, and sexualities living harmoniously together.

Hopefully, that will be what this country will be like in the next century.

Have a nice day!

Well of course people want a more progressive tax policy. As we see by people who vote Democrat, they always want “other people” to pay for things - and redistribute money to them. You yourself have seen what happens when work is not required of people.

As it is, the top few percent pay the bulk of the tax, and the bottom half pay next to nothing. I think everyone should have some skin in the game, even if it’s a token amount. This way we stop the thinking of half of all Americans that “other people” fund the government, and that much of people’s earnings get distributed to them. It discourages responsibility.
The over all tax system is only mildly progressive.

taxPercentage 2.png

Lumped in there is stuff like sales tax. You know we are talking about FEDERAL income tax, where half the people pay nothing.
Taxes are taxes. It is simply not true that the rich are being ruined by taxes. Nor is it true that lower income people pay no taxes.

Taxes are taxes. It is simply not true that the rich are being ruined by taxes. Nor is it true that lower income people pay no taxes.
No, there’s a big difference. Dems want to raise federal income taxes on the rich, so it’s relevant to point out that the top 1% pay 42% of federal taxes already - and the bottom half pay 3%.

Adding in sales tax is a Dem’s way to muddy the waters. Anyone who spends money pays sales taxes.

No, there’s a big difference. Dems want to raise federal income taxes on the rich, so it’s relevant to point out that the top 1% pay 42% of federal taxes already - and the bottom half pay 3%.

Adding in sales tax is a Dem’s way to muddy the waters. Anyone who spends money pays sales tax.
I have already explained why while there is no difference at all.

Democrats have let the tax issue get away from them. When most people saw the Democratic Party as the bringer of good things, paid for by high taxes on the rich and corporations, and threatened by the Republican Party, the Democrat Party dominated the United States.

How have most Americans benefited from Republican tax cuts for the rich, beginning with the Reagan administration?

Don't say that making the rich richer gives everyone the incentive to work hard and try to become rich. Most Americans will never become rich no matter how hard they work. They will never even enter the upper middle class.

Last edited:
I have already explained why while there is no difference at all.

Democrats have let the tax issue get away from them. When most people saw the Democratic Party as the bringer of good things, paid for by high taxes on the rich and corporations, and threatened by the Republican Party, the Democrat Party dominated the United States.

How have most Americans benefited from Republican tax cuts for the rich, beginning with the Reagan administration?

Don't say that making the rich richer gives everyone the incentive to work hard and try to become rich. Most Americans will never become rich no matter how hard they work. They will never even enter the upper middle class.
So what if most people never become rich, or even upper-middle class? Many people don’t have the traits it takes to get there, or have different goals. All they need to do is be able to support themselves, and with some job training and no illegitimate children, they can do it.

Dems‘ anger at the successful is a great way to continue to the decline of this country.

So what if most people never become rich, or even upper-middle class? Many people don’t have the traits it takes to get there, or have different goals. All they need to do is be able to support themselves, and with some job training and no illegitimate children, they can do it.

Dems‘ anger at the successful is a great way to continue to the decline of this country.
The Democrat Party exploited resentment of the rich and the business community during the Roosevelt administration. As a result Roosevelt was re elected three times. The United States also recovered from the Great Depression during that time, and helped to win the Second World War.

Forum List

Back