Zone1 Should Christians make an effort to understand and learn from Jewish dietary restrictions?

One would think if that was so important there would be an entire dialogue where Jesus discussed it in depth
He did when he said what goes into the mouth cannot defile a man, it's what comes out of the mouth that defiles which is a reference to kosher law revealing that the subject is teaching not food. Not to mention, Jesus explained to his disciples in private many things never written down.

Did you miss that part of the story? Go figure.

Think of this as a zip file where an entire treatise is compressed. But that requires intelligence, rational thinking, and an active imagination restrained by reality to open, not your strong suits.

Not to worry! Every single time you go to mass to defy the law of God and desecrate the teachings of Jesus, the Body of Christ, you will have a deeply profound religious experience.

Just not a very good one

Last edited:
He did when he said what goes into the mouth cannot defile a man, it's what comes out of the mind that defiles which is a reference to kosher law revealing that the subject is teaching not food

Think of this as a zip file where an entire treatise is compressed. But that requires intelligence, rational thinking, and an active imagination restrained by reality to open, not your strong suits.

Not to worry! Every single time you go to mass to defy the law of God and desecrate the teachings of Jesus, the Body of Christ, you will have a deeply profound religious experience.

Just not a very good one
Is that it? That's all there is to your treatise? How many verses went into that comprehensive treatise of yours?

Your ego and pride are eating you from within. You get crazier and angrier with each passing day.

The flesh is of no avail. The flesh is sacrificed for us. Anyone who eats the flesh of Christ and drinks the blood of Christ cannot help but be overcome with remorse for their sins followed by the elation of being loved so much by one willing to sacrifice his flesh and blood for us for no other reason than he loves us and wants us to progress; to become sanctified.

Which is why Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

His words are like hot coals on your head.

Your ego and pride are eating you from within. You get crazier and angrier with each passing day.
You appear to be projecting. Can't bring yourself to admit that I am right that it is wrong to worship anything made by human hands? WTF And you don't even have the sense to be embarrassed or perceive the evil and absurdity of the vile and degrading practice of turning to a lifeless matzo MADE BY HUMAN HANDS for spiritual life which is as crazy as crazy can get even if the Bible was never written?

Thats a shame.

Last edited:
He did when he said what goes into the mouth cannot defile a man
Yes, and he said... “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

You appear to be projecting. Can't bring yourself to admit that I am right that it is wrong to worship anything made by human hands? And you don't even have the sense to be embarrassed

Thats a shame.
Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

Can't bring yourself to admit that I am right that it is wrong to worship anything made by human hands?
Because you don't gnaw on the flesh of Christ you do not have eternal life, you do not abide in Jesus and Jesus does not abide in you.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

Because you don't gnaw on the flesh of Christ you do not have eternal life, you do not abide in Jesus and Jesus does not abide in you.

The only way for anyone to abide in Jesus is if his teaching from God is in you and it isn't in you.

The only way to eat his flesh and drink his blood is to accept his teaching and act on it.

Life is in the blood, in the doing.

I am really OK if you prefer to dine of imaginary flesh of a matzo mangod that never existed.

Munch on bro!

1697573715837.png

Last edited:
The only way for anyone to abide in Jesus is if his teaching from God is in you and it isn't in you.

The only way to eat his flesh and drink his blood is to accept his teaching and act on it.

I am really OK is you prefer to dine of imaginary flesh of a triune mangod that never existed.

Munch on bro!

View attachment 844398
Jesus literally told you the only way to do it. And you don't even have to take unrelated verses out of context to figure it out. He tells us in straightforward simple terms. See?

“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

The mystery of Christ!!!!

The verb used in these verses is not the classical Greek verb used of human eating, but that of animal eating: “munch,” “gnaw.”

I am really OK is you prefer to dine of imaginary flesh of a matzo mangod that never existed.
It's imaginary to you because Christ does not abide in you because you failed to do as he commanded.

According to Jesus His blood is true drink.

The only way for anyone to abide in Jesus, to be in him and with him, is if his teaching from God is in you

I have revealed Your name to those You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours; You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they know that everything You have given Me comes from You. For I have given them the words You gave Me, and they have received them.* They knew with certainty that I came from You, and they believed that You sent Me. * (They ate his flesh)

I ask on their behalf. I do not ask on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those You have given Me; for they are Yours. All I have is Yours, and all You have is Mine; and in them I have been glorified.I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You.

Holy Father, protect them by Your name, the name You gave Me,b so that they may be one as We are one. While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name, the name You gave Me. Not one of them has been lost, except the son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so that they may have My joy fulfilled within them. I have given them Your word and the world has hated them; for they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the truth.

I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, may they all be perfectly one so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

Last edited:
I have revealed Your name to those You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours; You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. Now they know that everything You have given Me comes from You. For I have given them the words You gave Me, and they have received them.* They knew with certainty that I came from You, and they believed that You sent Me. * (They ate his flesh)

I ask on their behalf. I do not ask on behalf of the world, but on behalf of those You have given Me; for they are Yours. All I have is Yours, and all You have is Mine; and in them I have been glorified.I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to You.

Holy Father, protect them by Your name, the name You gave Me,b so that they may be one as We are one. While I was with them, I protected and preserved them by Your name, the name You gave Me. Not one of them has been lost, except the son of destruction, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.

But now I am coming to You; and I am saying these things while I am in the world, so that they may have My joy fulfilled within them. I have given them Your word and the world has hated them; for they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

I am not asking that You take them out of the world, but that You keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I have also sent them into the world. For them I sanctify Myself, so that they too may be sanctified by the truth.

I am not asking on behalf of them alone, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I am in You. May they also be in Us, may they all be perfectly one so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
I don't see how this has anything to do with what we are discussing. Is this you taking unrelated verses out of context again or is this you making up your own verses again? I don't have to do that, see?

Why are you replying to your own posts?

Is this you taking unrelated verses out of context again

No this is me showing you that the only way for Jesus to be in you and with you and you to be in Jesus and with Jesus is if the same words that Jesus received from God are in you and with you.

You prefer to worship and eat a matzo as if you were gnawing on the actual flesh of Jesus. nutz.

So go and enjoy your religion. Celebrate the crucifixion, stay dead in the tomb of memorial bondage and eat Jesus and drink his blood to the last drop, because you love him so much. :auiqs.jpg:

1697575666978.png

No this is me showing you that the only way for Jesus to be in you and with you and you to be in Jesus and with Jesus is if the same words that Jesus received from God are in you and with you.

You prefer to worship and eat a matzo as if you were gnawing on the actual flesh of Jesus. nutz.

So go and enjoy your religion. Celebrate the crucifixion, stay dead in the tomb of memorial bondage and eat Jesus and drink his blood to the last drop, because you love him so much. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 844414
That's not what Jesus said. Jesus said the only way for me to abide in him and for him to abide in me is by eating his flesh and drinking his blood. Jesus said you have no life in you unless you eat his flesh and drink his blood.

Forum List

Back