Should Blacks Pay Reparations To Whites?

S.J.

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2012
So. Cal.
625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?

no because, just like slavery, no one living had anything to do with the war.

but that is an interesting point.

Next time someone mentions slavery perhaps I will post a pic of a national cemetary

Well, maybe if enough people agree on the subject they might be able to string this one out as much as anything the left is constantly harping about.

I seriously doubt it though. The people that could probably never would.

It's an interesting thought though.

Well, maybe if enough people agree on the subject they might be able to string this one out as much as anything the left is constantly harping about.

There's nothing "interesting" about it.

Slavery was a crime of epic proportions. It should have never happened in the first place. And Certainly not for over a century in a country that purports to be the gold standard in terms of Human Rights. Europe was already done with it for quite some time.

If anything, the slaves should have been compensated for all of that..and for a time there was legislation that was making it's way through congress to do exactly that.

However, the focus shifted to reconstruction and while that was important, it also allowed for the racists to get a foothold back into politics. Hence Jim Crow and a plethora of abuses that followed the civil war.

There's nothing "interesting" about it.

Slavery was a crime of epic proportions. It should have never happened in the first place. And Certainly not for over a century in a country that purports to be the gold standard in terms of Human Rights. Europe was already done with it for quite some time.

If anything, the slaves should have been compensated for all of that..and for a time there was legislation that was making it's way through congress to do exactly that.

However, the focus shifted to reconstruction and while that was important, it also allowed for the racists to get a foothold back into politics. Hence Jim Crow and a plethora of abuses that followed the civil war.

Racist Democrats. Jim Crow laws went into effect in 1876 only because enough Democrats won office during and after reconstruction. Seems to me Democrats owe reparations to blacks.

625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?

Where, in all these proposed reparations, do the African chieftans who so readily sold their own tribesmen for self enrichment, stand? Why are they not included in all this talk of who did what?

Let’s compare the number of dead white people in the civil war with the number of blacks that died in chains on slave ships headed to America, the number of dead black that died waiting in cages to be bought and the number of slaves that were killed by their ‘masters’ from one cruelty or another. Then we can factor in the rapes and other heinous crimes that were inflicted on the slaves.

Now, what were you saying?

Every other nation on earth managed to get rid of slavery without killing 650,000 people

I'm sure blacks would have been perfectly fine if we ended slavery without a shot

The time for reparations has long passed, everyone to do with slavery is dead.

Can anyone point out the last time anyone asked for reparations for slavery?

Only the racists seem to be bringing it up

John Conyers , every congress from 1989 to present
you are right the racists keep bringing it up, the black ones

In January of 1989, I first introduced the bill H.R. 40, Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act. I have re-introduced HR 40 every Congress since 1989, and will continue to do so until it's passed into law.

:cool:

Can anyone point out the last time anyone asked for reparations for slavery?

Only the racists seem to be bringing it up

I've never seen a Black person ask for them, except this idiot 52ndStreet on here.

John Conyers CBC

Right. ONE person speaks for the entire black population. His proposal was introduced in 1989 almost 25 years ago(probably before you were born) and has still not gained enough traction to be passed. If anything, this proposal will be a legacy on his tombstone.

Paranoid extremist wacko organizations like the following keep those you like a captive audience believing that this proposal may pass.

Not likely to happen.

Stormfront Gains New Member Today Because Of Michigan Negro Congressman John Conyers And His HR40, A Slavery Reparations Exploratory Bill
White Reference: Stormfront Gains New Member Today Because Of Michigan Negro Congressman John Conyers And His HR40, A Slavery Reparations Exploratory Bill

Forum List

Back