Should Blacks Pay Reparations To Whites?

Agreed, but that didn't stop John Conyers from seeking reparations for slavery.

Tracing Center | Rep. John Conyers re-introduces H.R. 40 on reparations for slavery and discrimination

How about that asshole Louis Fara-con, he screams about reparations every time he whines to the lemmings that follow his racist ass.
And Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton...

When was the last time Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson asked for reparations?

The issue of reparations got some media buzz 20 years ago. It went nowhere

Since then, the only ones keeping the issue alive are a bunch of asshole racist internet poster

Last edited:
All those men were volunteers.

And no one owes anyone anything from that time.

No black alive knows anyone that knew someone that was a slave.

Tracing Center | Rep. John Conyers re-introduces H.R. 40 on reparations for slavery and discrimination

Lol! Conyers introduced this bill for the first time in 1989, and it still has not been passed into law.

Mr. Conyers is now 84 years old, and it dos not appear to be likely that he will have many more chances to try. And no one appears to be stepping forward to carry on.

Dead issue, being pushed by ONE soon to be dead man, and swallowed hook line and sinker by an organization that increases membership by inciting paranoia.

actually it's wider than that

google reparations movement

625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?

You are no doubt part of the GOP and I would venture to say a TEA PARTY supporter if not full member. This type of anger toward Blacks defines the Republican party of today(this is NOT Lincoln's Republicans). I will not even address this idea because I know the place it comes from.

You keep hating and the ones like me and my offspring will keep increasing our worth every generation and we will also pass down WHO fought us every step of the way.

Lol! Conyers introduced this bill for the first time in 1989, and it still has not been passed into law.

Mr. Conyers is now 84 years old, and it dos not appear to be likely that he will have many more chances to try. And no one appears to be stepping forward to carry on.

Dead issue, being pushed by ONE soon to be dead man, and swallowed hook line and sinker by an organization that increases membership by inciting paranoia.

You're missing the point. It doesn't matter if it will pass or not, the point is that there are those who are asking for reparations.

There is no point to be missed. There are no laws in effect that prohibit him from "asking" but the reality is that he is just one person out of millions, pushing an initiative that has no momentum and will have very little public interest in the foreseeable future.

There is at least "one" of everything in society, and the one offs do not represent the masses....except to opportunists who take unusual situations and use them to justify their own agendas.

If today's whites, who had nothing to do with slavery can be made to pay reparations to today's blacks, who were never slaves, why can't today's blacks be made to pay reparations to today's whites for the sacrifices their ancestors made so today's blacks could be free?

Thats the point, nobody should pay anything. Everyone from that time is dead.

If today's whites, who had nothing to do with slavery can be made to pay reparations to today's blacks, who were never slaves, why can't today's blacks be made to pay reparations to today's whites for the sacrifices their ancestors made so today's blacks could be free?

Thats the point, nobody should pay anything. Everyone from that time is dead.

That being said, NO ONE is going to pay anything.

625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?

You are no doubt part of the GOP and I would venture to say a TEA PARTY supporter if not full member. This type of anger toward Blacks defines the Republican party of today(this is NOT Lincoln's Republicans). I will not even address this idea because I know the place it comes from.

You keep hating and the ones like me and my offspring will keep increasing our worth every generation and we will also pass down WHO fought us every step of the way.

He missed the part about black soldiers fighting in the civil war

He missed the part about black soldiers fighting in the civil war
I said "almost all".

In other words, you'll pass along your racial hatred to your children.

And you'll pass along your religious bigotry?
Just curious, I thought muslims hated dogs, yet you have one for your avatar. What's up with that?

Just curious, I thought muslims hated dogs, yet you have one for your avatar. What's up with that?

Are all transsexual, albino, conjoined twins illogical morons like you? What's up with that?
It's ok if you don't want to answer. Just seems inconsistent with your pro-islamic rhetoric.

It's not ok if you don't want to answer. Are all transsexual, albino, conjoined twins illogical morons like you? What's up with that? Answer, unless you are a complete fucking transsexual, albino, conjoined coward.

Are all transsexual, albino, conjoined twins illogical morons like you? What's up with that?
It's ok if you don't want to answer. Just seems inconsistent with your pro-islamic rhetoric.

It's not ok if you don't want to answer. Are all transsexual, albino, conjoined twins illogical morons like you? What's up with that? Answer, unless you are a complete fucking transsexual, albino, conjoined coward.
How old did you say you were?

The beneficiary of the Civil War was the preservation of the Union. Slavery was ended by the 13th amendment, not the Civil War.

The beneficiary of the Civil War was the preservation of the Union. Slavery was ended by the 13th amendment, not the Civil War.
Great American History Thirteenth Amendment-

In other words, you'll pass along your racial hatred to your children.

No racial hatred from me. I think everyone on here can see who has that.:eusa_whistle:

The only people who benefited from the institution of slavery were the slave owners. These were no more than five percent of whites in the South. White farmers who did not own slaves had difficulty competing with white farmers who did. In practically any trade or profession salaries were higher in the North. Most European immigrants moved to the North, because that was where the economic opportunities were.

Toward the end of the Civil War a number of Northern leaders proposed dividing the land of plantation owners and giving former slaves forty acres and a mule. Andrew Johnson, who became president after the assassination of Abraham Lincoln opposed the plan, so nothing came of it.

That was the time to pay reparations to former slaves. Land should have been given them as back pay for the labor they were never paid for as slaves. Forty acres and a mule should have also been given to landless whites, including veterans of the Confederate Army. That would have given poor Southern whites a stake in Reconstruction, and equal rights for blacks.

It is too late now. Reparations would be paid for from the taxes of whites who had in no way benefited from slavery, and who were not responsible for the creation of the Confederacy.

Forum List

Back