Shooting in LA

thoughts & prayers.

That's your input, troll?

nothing about the OP?

if it's good enough answer for the CONgress (R)s, then it's good enough for me.

Maybe we should make murder illegal?

maybe cut down on the means of mass murder.

You want to make fire illegal? Or, machettes?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.

Should this be banned?View attachment 485385

where's the 100 round drum with it's high velocity ammo?

Do you understand that a 100 round drum makes the rifle stop working? It jams, and then the rifle can't shoot...do you understand that?

Do you understand that the AR-15 is not a weapon of war, and has never been used by our military?

When you don't understand this basic fact, do you understand why we don't take you as a serious human being?

The pump action shotgun is an actual weapon of war...in current use by all branches of our military..do you understand that?

the AR15 was the 'civilian' version.
OK, Einstein, please enlighten us to your knowledge of armament and tell us all what the difference is between the AR-15 and the M-16. We'll wait.

the M-16 is military & is full auto. the AR-15 is the civvy version & is semi auto.

Dipshit...the M-16 has select fire capability, the AR-15 does not.....the AR-15 is the most popular civilian rifle in the country......over 20 million in private hands...

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.

Do you understand that a 100 round drum makes the rifle stop working? It jams, and then the rifle can't shoot...do you understand that?

Do you understand that the AR-15 is not a weapon of war, and has never been used by our military?

When you don't understand this basic fact, do you understand why we don't take you as a serious human being?

The pump action shotgun is an actual weapon of war...in current use by all branches of our military..do you understand that?

OK, Einstein, please enlighten us to your knowledge of armament and tell us all what the difference is between the AR-15 and the M-16. We'll wait.

the M-16 is military & is full auto. the AR-15 is the civvy version & is semi auto.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Now, do you know how hard it is to make a semi-auto into a full auto?

just asked the hubby, who's a Marine , & he says with an AR15, it's real easy.

Doesn't matter....it is already against the law to commit murder with an AR-15 rifle...you can't make it any more illegal.....

Gunman in deadly L.A. shooting rampage had an arsenal of weapons at home, sources say (yahoo.com)

If he used a handgun, why did they mention in the first paragraph he owned a legally purchased AR-15?

A gunman who went on a shooting rampage in Los Angeles on Tuesday — killing two people and wounding two others — had an arsenal of weapons at his home and possessed a legally purchased AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, law enforcement sources told The Times as more details about the incident emerged."

The AR-15 had nothing to do with his rampage.

Well, they're reporting what the police told them. Why would the police say that?

Well, they're reporting what the police told them. Why would the police say that?

You're missing the point.

Why are they focusing on the AR-15, and not the weapon he used?

The AR-15 had nothing to do with the shooting.

Well, why are YOU focusing on the AR-15 too?

Perhaps it's just like a flame for moths
You're smart enough to know what he's getting at, so you can drop the facade.

Well, it's all about narratives.

You want the narrative to be about actions because that means it's not the gun's fault. Therefore banning guns is pointless, kind of argument. You've probably read a million gun magazines that make this point, drum it into you.

Have to wonder who's paying for all of that.

They want to make the narrative that people can't be trusted with guns, because, HELL, the US murder rate is mostly with guns, and it's 4-5 times higher than in any other first world nation.

All the while the simple solution is to change the way people vote. Then you might end up with sensible politics. But the powers that be LIKE that people are shooting each other, verbally attacking each other while IGNORING what the powers that be are getting up to.
Most of the powers that be would prefer to have the public disarmed. In most nations, regardless of how voting is done, average citizens either can't legally own guns or have to pay a lot or go through a lot of hoops to get one.

The elites in this country would love to do the same thing to our public, but thankfully, our Constitution prevents this (for now).

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ..... so what's yer point, davey?
I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”
His corollary: “In mass shootings, there are no unwounded victims.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“You will see multiple organs shattered. The exit wounds can be a foot wide.”

“I’ve seen people with entire quadrants of their abdomens destroyed.”

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’ (Published 2018)

i'd say that's good enough.
Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

But it sure does look scary, doesn't it?

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.

i sourced ER doctors, some that saw combat & what they say carries more weight than you, davey - an apparent phallic symbol obsessed poster.

Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn't Intend It for Civilians
The inventor’s surviving children and adult grandchildren spoke exclusively to MSNBC, commenting for the first time on their family’s uneasy legacy.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."
Family of AR-15 Inventor: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians

The AR-15 has never been used by the military.....it is not a military weapon......

The M-16 is the military weapon, you moron....the AR-15 does not have select fire capability so it wasn't used by the military....it is, in fact, the most popular civilian rifle in the United States.....

Considering that the hand gun is the actual preferred weapon of mass public shooters, you still don't know what you are talking about.

i never said that an AR-15 was military grade. learn to read what i actually posted.

i know that an AR-15 is not designed with the need to focus & get ones' victim within the site for an accurate kill. spray fanning is all that is needed & with a mag or drum, them thar multiple kills are guaranteed.

Most of the powers that be would prefer to have the public disarmed.

the mantra of the NRA to keep y'all scared little rabbits... & sell more guns.

ohf-ivian-i-forgot-to-take-their-dodo-thanks-obama-12584162.png

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

what a ridiculous straw man. & false equivalency.

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

Guns protect the lives of good people...so you don't even get that right....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rape, robbery and murder......according to the Centers For Disease Control..

Do you understand that that is more lives saved than are taken by criminals using guns illegally?

10,235 gun murders in 2019. Of the victims, 70-80%, and more, of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals....and of the remaining victims, the vast majority are friends and family of criminals who are caught in the crossfire of their criminal associate....

1.1 million times Americans stop rape, robbery and murder .... vs ........ 10,235 gun murders of criminals..

Do you see why we don't take you seriously?

i'm sure i don't care how you take me.

i am not anti 2nd amendment, so fuck off with your proselytizing.
No, you're just a lying troll. You've spent the last two days arguing against the second amendment.

nope.
yep.

was that specifically when i said i have several firearms in my home?

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Now, do you know how hard it is to make a semi-auto into a full auto?

just asked the hubby, who's a Marine , & he says with an AR15, it's real easy.

Doesn't matter....it is already against the law to commit murder with an AR-15 rifle...you can't make it any more illegal.....

owning one can be.

View attachment 485864
NRA doesnt scare me...seeing how abusive our government has gotten under the communists has...

the NRA isn't scaring *you* - but keeping you scared of the commies... especially the ones that will come for all yer guns.

seems they are doing a damn good job with you.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.

Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.

i sourced ER doctors, some that saw combat & what they say carries more weight than you, davey - an apparent phallic symbol obsessed poster.

The inventor’s surviving children and adult grandchildren spoke exclusively to MSNBC, commenting for the first time on their family’s uneasy legacy.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."

The AR-15 has never been used by the military.....it is not a military weapon......

The M-16 is the military weapon, you moron....the AR-15 does not have select fire capability so it wasn't used by the military....it is, in fact, the most popular civilian rifle in the United States.....

Considering that the hand gun is the actual preferred weapon of mass public shooters, you still don't know what you are talking about.

i never said that an AR-15 was military grade. learn to read what i actually posted.

i know that an AR-15 is not designed with the need to focus & get ones' victim within the site for an accurate kill. spray fanning is all that is needed & with a mag or drum, them thar multiple kills are guaranteed.

Dipshit....again.....at the range of a mass public shooting the AR-15 is no better than a pump action shotgun....as are 2 handguns......you idiot...

Boulder....used an AR-15 with magazines that held more than 10 bullets.. 10 killed.....

Virginia Tech...2 pistols, one with 10 round magazine..... 32 killed.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 2 pistols?

Boulder...10 killed with an AR-15 rifle and regular magazines ( holding more than 10 bullets)

Luby's Cafe..... 2 pistols....24 killed.

Do you see that the 2 pistols killed more than the AR-15?

Do you know what the difference was between these attacks?

The cops immediately responded and shot at the attacker in boulder, causing him to stop shooting unarmed victims, and then he shot himself....

Virginia Tech and Luby's Cafe, the police didn't get there, and at Luby's Cafe, the one woman who could have shot and killed the attacker had to leave her gun in her car because of stupid gun free zone laws....

Boulder AR-15 with magazines that hold more than 10 bullets...you know, regular magazines..... 10 killed...

Kerch, Russia, Polytechnic school shooting.... 5 shot, pump action shotgun...which means it had 5 shells which is 5 less than 10........20 killed 70 wounded.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 5 shot, pump action shotgun?

The difference? The Russian police station was 100 yards away from the school...but they didn't know to engage the shooter right away...which is how you save lives....they didn't start shooting at the guy and he shot more people.....and no one at the school was armed....

So again.......in a mass public shooting the number of bullets in the gun magazine don't mean anything......the gun doesn't make the difference....

What makes the difference?

1) if the target is a gun free zone, more people get killed.

2) if someone starts shooting at the attacker, they commit suicide, or surrender, or runaway....

That is what you don't understand and don't care to understand since you simply have a mental issue when it comes to the AR-15 rifle.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

Very emotional. Gosh.

Dipshit....again.....at the range of a mass public shooting the AR-15 is no better than a pump action shotgun....as are 2 handguns......you idiot...

Boulder....used an AR-15 with magazines that held more than 10 bullets.. 10 killed.....

Virginia Tech...2 pistols, one with 10 round magazine..... 32 killed.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 2 pistols?

Boulder...10 killed with an AR-15 rifle and regular magazines ( holding more than 10 bullets)

Luby's Cafe..... 2 pistols....24 killed.

Do you see that the 2 pistols killed more than the AR-15?

Do you know what the difference was between these attacks?

The cops immediately responded and shot at the attacker in boulder, causing him to stop shooting unarmed victims, and then he shot himself....

Virginia Tech and Luby's Cafe, the police didn't get there, and at Luby's Cafe, the one woman who could have shot and killed the attacker had to leave her gun in her car because of stupid gun free zone laws....

Boulder AR-15 with magazines that hold more than 10 bullets...you know, regular magazines..... 10 killed...

Kerch, Russia, Polytechnic school shooting.... 5 shot, pump action shotgun...which means it had 5 shells which is 5 less than 10........20 killed 70 wounded.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 5 shot, pump action shotgun?

The difference? The Russian police station was 100 yards away from the school...but they didn't know to engage the shooter right away...which is how you save lives....they didn't start shooting at the guy and he shot more people.....and no one at the school was armed....

So again.......in a mass public shooting the number of bullets in the gun magazine don't mean anything......the gun doesn't make the difference....

What makes the difference?

1) if the target is a gun free zone, more people get killed.

2) if someone starts shooting at the attacker, they commit suicide, or surrender, or runaway....

That is what you don't understand and don't care to understand since you simply have a mental issue when it comes to the AR-15 rifle.

oh now i see....

you have a teeny weeny peeny.

:itsok:

View attachment 485864

The NRA doesn't sell guns, you moron...

And, you idiot....obama packed the court.....with anti-gun extremists.....who have been ruling against the 2nd Amendment and ignoring the Supreme Court...he knew that if they simply packed the court they could get gun bans and confiscation without losing seats in congress to anti-gun votes....

View attachment 485864

And, you idiot....obama packed the court.....with anti-gun extremists.....who have been ruling against the 2nd Amendment and ignoring the Supreme Court...he knew that if they simply packed the court they could get gun bans and confiscation without losing seats in congress to anti-gun votes....

you played hookey on the day your teacher taught reading comp, didn'tcha? they are mouthpiece lobbyists for the gun manufacturers that you know ... make the guns. the NRA's j-o-b is to sell more guns. & to have kept wayne laPIErre
( the little rat fucking embezzler ) in the lifestyle he has become accustomed to.

View attachment 485864
NRA doesnt scare me...seeing how abusive our government has gotten under the communists has...

the NRA isn't scaring *you* - but keeping you scared of the commies... especially the ones that will come for all yer guns.

seems they are doing a damn good job with you.

Hey...dipshit.....why did more people die from 2 pistols in Virginia Tech shooting than with an AR-15 in Boulder?

The Virginia Tech shooter planned his attack in detail...the Boulder shooter didn't plan....the Virginia tech shooter planned on how to keep the police out, the boulder shooter didn't plan to stop the police...

With the locks and chains, he chained the three main entrance doors shut and placed a note on one, saying that attempting to open the door would cause a bomb to explode.
-----

At 9:52 am, approximately nine and a half minutes after the second shooting began, police started to enter the building. They couldn’t shoot their way through the chain locked entrances, but managed entry via a separate entrance. They went up to the third floor, but heard from student Emily Haas, who was wounded and survived in room 211 (Professor Nowak's French class), saying that the gunman was in her classroom as she stayed on the line. As police started to descend the stairwell, Cho had already begun to hear the footsteps.

He looked out into the hallway briefly, before walking back into the centre of room 211 towards the front and, just as police reached the second floor, shot himself in the temple with the Glock 19 and died instantly.

Notice......it took police over 9 minutes to find the shooter......

Notice.....as soon as the police arrived and moved on him, he stopped shooting unarmed victims and committed suicide...

View attachment 485864

you played hookey on the day your teacher taught reading comp, didn'tcha? they are mouthpiece lobbyists for the gun manufacturers that you know ... make the guns. the NRA's j-o-b is to sell more guns. & to have kept wayne laPIErre
( the little rat fucking embezzler ) in the lifestyle he has become accustomed to.

Dipshit.........where do people see the NRA information? You idiot. If you aren't already a member, you don't get anything from the NRA....so all the new gun buyers, the majority of which are minorities and women after people like you spent the last 7 months burning and looting our cities, burning and looting court houses and police stations, and murdering over 30 Americans....they bought their brand, spanking new guns without the NRA...you dumb ass.......

Forum List

Back