Shooting in LA

thoughts & prayers.

That's your input, troll?

nothing about the OP?

if it's good enough answer for the CONgress (R)s, then it's good enough for me.

Maybe we should make murder illegal?

maybe cut down on the means of mass murder.

You want to make fire illegal? Or, machettes?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.

Should this be banned?View attachment 485385

where's the 100 round drum with it's high velocity ammo?

Do you understand that a 100 round drum makes the rifle stop working? It jams, and then the rifle can't shoot...do you understand that?

Do you understand that the AR-15 is not a weapon of war, and has never been used by our military?

When you don't understand this basic fact, do you understand why we don't take you as a serious human being?

The pump action shotgun is an actual weapon of war...in current use by all branches of our military..do you understand that?

the AR15 was the 'civilian' version.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.
How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

what a ridiculous straw man. & false equivalency.

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

Guns protect the lives of good people...so you don't even get that right....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rape, robbery and murder......according to the Centers For Disease Control..

Do you understand that that is more lives saved than are taken by criminals using guns illegally?

10,235 gun murders in 2019. Of the victims, 70-80%, and more, of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals....and of the remaining victims, the vast majority are friends and family of criminals who are caught in the crossfire of their criminal associate....

1.1 million times Americans stop rape, robbery and murder .... vs ........ 10,235 gun murders of criminals..

Do you see why we don't take you seriously?

i'm sure i don't care how you take me.

i am not anti 2nd amendment, so fuck off with your proselytizing.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ..... so what's yer point, davey?
I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”
His corollary: “In mass shootings, there are no unwounded victims.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“You will see multiple organs shattered. The exit wounds can be a foot wide.”

“I’ve seen people with entire quadrants of their abdomens destroyed.”

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’ (Published 2018)

i'd say that's good enough.
Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

But it sure does look scary, doesn't it?

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.

i sourced ER doctors, some that saw combat & what they say carries more weight than you, davey - an apparent phallic symbol obsessed poster.

Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn't Intend It for Civilians
The inventor’s surviving children and adult grandchildren spoke exclusively to MSNBC, commenting for the first time on their family’s uneasy legacy.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."
Family of AR-15 Inventor: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians
So why don't you STFU and let your family talk for you. I'm sure their description of you will be more glowing than what you exhibit--HEARSAY at best. It would be laughed out of the courts.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Do you understand that a 100 round drum makes the rifle stop working? It jams, and then the rifle can't shoot...do you understand that?

Do you understand that the AR-15 is not a weapon of war, and has never been used by our military?

When you don't understand this basic fact, do you understand why we don't take you as a serious human being?

The pump action shotgun is an actual weapon of war...in current use by all branches of our military..do you understand that?

OK, Einstein, please enlighten us to your knowledge of armament and tell us all what the difference is between the AR-15 and the M-16. We'll wait.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

how about knives?

The 'original 'knives' couldn't cut butter, they were nothing more than a shard, with a sharp edge.

a knife can kill, but that isn't its original use. a firearm is.
A rock can kill and that was its original use--are you going to ban rocks? GFY, you are a moron that wouldn't know logic beyond what your democrat masters tell you. My contempt for your idiocy is unbounded.
HaHaHa, are you sure your name isn't Kameltoe--she's the only one who giggles as inappropriately as you do.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rape, robbery and murder......according to the Centers For Disease Control..

Do you understand that that is more lives saved than are taken by criminals using guns illegally?

10,235 gun murders in 2019. Of the victims, 70-80%, and more, of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals....and of the remaining victims, the vast majority are friends and family of criminals who are caught in the crossfire of their criminal associate....

1.1 million times Americans stop rape, robbery and murder .... vs ........ 10,235 gun murders of criminals..

No, you're just a lying troll. You've spent the last two days arguing against the second amendment.

Gunman in deadly L.A. shooting rampage had an arsenal of weapons at home, sources say (yahoo.com)

If he used a handgun, why did they mention in the first paragraph he owned a legally purchased AR-15?

A gunman who went on a shooting rampage in Los Angeles on Tuesday — killing two people and wounding two others — had an arsenal of weapons at his home and possessed a legally purchased AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, law enforcement sources told The Times as more details about the incident emerged."

The AR-15 had nothing to do with his rampage.
the media pushes the democrat party propaganda

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

OK, Einstein, please enlighten us to your knowledge of armament and tell us all what the difference is between the AR-15 and the M-16. We'll wait.

the M-16 is military & is full auto. the AR-15 is the civvy version & is semi auto.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

No, you're just a lying troll. You've spent the last two days arguing against the second amendment.

nope.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

the M-16 is military & is full auto. the AR-15 is the civvy version & is semi auto.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Now, do you know how hard it is to make a semi-auto into a full auto?

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Now, do you know how hard it is to make a semi-auto into a full auto?

just asked the hubby, who's a Marine , & he says with an AR15, it's real easy.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

nope.
yep.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

just asked the hubby, who's a Marine , & he says with an AR15, it's real easy.
Tell him Semper Fi! It is easy on any semi-auto if you have a file. The draw back is if you want to stop shooting before the magazine is empty.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Indeed, this stuff is a daily occurrence in places run by people like you. No biggie.

As if the Republicans play no part in these places.
At this point in time, a Republican in Los Angeles might as well be a Unicorn.

But they still impact LA. National elections impact LA. National things are seen my many in LA.

How did Republicans impact LA? LA should be a utopia being run by Democrats. National things are seen everywhere just as rain is wet.

Because LA doesn't live in a bubble.

There are federal laws that LA cannot overturn and have to abide by.

Immigration, gun laws, drug laws, things that happen at the federal level.

Then there's things that are going on like the Republican Democrat battle which controls everything.

Also you have to remember that poor people have to live SOMEWHERE. How do you attract jobs into places with lots of poorer people when China is producing all the cheap shit? You can't compete because wages are much higher in the US, even in poorer areas people need to pay for their rent (higher than in China), food (higher than in China).

Ghettos are something the US has a lot more of than other first world countries. Can LA just get rid of them?

OK. How does that fall all on the feet of Republicans in a majors locale controlled by a Democrats?

Because they're politicians. They could change things to make it better. Only they don't want to. They want to sit back and watch these places rot.

It's good for them to be "tough on crime", "tough on immigration", it puts fear into people, which helps with their people management (making it cheaper) and it enriches them, allowing them cheap labor so they can enrich themselves.

Perfect for them. Not good for society though.

Democrats control Los Angeles. All politics are local.

No, they're not.

But it's rather convenient for you and your false narrative though.

Based on your theory, countries which are more liberal, like Germany, would be stinking ghettos all over the place.

We are not talking about Germany and International countries. We are talking about states and cities in the US. Try again.

Straight out of the right win playbook. I knew you were going to say something along these lines.

You literally try to push people to the point where discussion is pointless because you've decided you're right and you don't feel the need to even understand things.

No, LA is Democrat run, so ALL problems are from the Democrats and therefore the Republicans must be great.

Wow, I mean, politics 101 for elementary school or what?

What Republican policies have been implemented in LA? Tax cuts? Concealed Carry? Oh, wait... perhaps school vouchers at one time before Democrats pulled those back? . Yeah. That’s it, it was those fucking vouchers that led to the decay, plight, high crime rates, and economic despair. Wow! Thank you for opening my eyes.

The Second Amendment. The easy access to guns has had a massive impact on the US and especially on inner city areas.

Drug policy. The US's war on drugs, which has tried to solve the problem by locking people up, hasn't worked at all. All it's done is made illegal drugs a massive problem in the US, especially in places like LA down closer to the Mexican border.

"Race to the bottom dynamics", where each state is competing to get jobs, especially from multinationals. Literally these states will lower taxes for such corporations to such a point where they don't pay much. This means that instead of a unified policy designed to spread jobs around, jobs go to certain places, while other places will struggle to attract such jobs, and will only end up with the shitty jobs, so you end up with places full of low paid workers, people with little hope in life which causes ghettos.

Even the way people vote at Federal level has an impact because it keeps the two party system in check which is easily abused.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Fire only destroys.

fire is also used for warmth, light, & for cooking.
But arsonists use it to kill and destroy and you don't try to ban it. You are simple minded and lack the capacity to think critically.
you shot him do something about guns.jpg

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.

Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.

i sourced ER doctors, some that saw combat & what they say carries more weight than you, davey - an apparent phallic symbol obsessed poster.

The inventor’s surviving children and adult grandchildren spoke exclusively to MSNBC, commenting for the first time on their family’s uneasy legacy.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."
shaun-king-follow-ashaunking-guns-are-the-ultimate-phallic-symbol-19645707.png

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

Very emotional. Gosh.

The AR-15 has never been used by the military.....it is not a military weapon......

The M-16 is the military weapon, you moron....the AR-15 does not have select fire capability so it wasn't used by the military....it is, in fact, the most popular civilian rifle in the United States.....

Considering that the hand gun is the actual preferred weapon of mass public shooters, you still don't know what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back