Shooting in LA

playtime, what do you believe should be done about AR rifles?

ban 'em. just like what ronny reagan wanted.
Why ban them? They're used for far fewer murders than other weapons.

It's because they're black, isn't it?

i bet you own a pink one, davey.
Would you be less scared of it?

8500111049_a212279791_o.jpg

poor ronny reagan - he would be CONsidered a liberal nowadays.

View attachment 485874
Yesterday, 99.99999% of legal AR owners didn't murder anyone.

Why don't you just go ahead and admit your motives?

You don't give a damn about keeping anyone safe from gun violence.

You want people defenseless against leftist tyranny.

Most of the powers that be would prefer to have the public disarmed.

the mantra of the NRA to keep y'all scared little rabbits... & sell more guns.

View attachment 485864
NRA doesnt scare me...seeing how abusive our government has gotten under the communists has...

the NRA isn't scaring *you* - but keeping you scared of the commies... especially the ones that will come for all yer guns.

seems they are doing a damn good job with you.
You don't have to listen to the NRA to be concerned about gun confiscation.

You have to listen to Democrats.

From Biden to Beto, see Dems call for gun confiscation

Dem congressman: Force gun owners to get rid of assault weapons

thoughts & prayers.

That's your input, troll?

nothing about the OP?

if it's good enough answer for the CONgress (R)s, then it's good enough for me.

Maybe we should make murder illegal?

maybe cut down on the means of mass murder.

You want to make fire illegal? Or, machettes?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.
View attachment 485377

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ..... so what's yer point, davey?
I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”
His corollary: “In mass shootings, there are no unwounded victims.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“You will see multiple organs shattered. The exit wounds can be a foot wide.”

“I’ve seen people with entire quadrants of their abdomens destroyed.”

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’ (Published 2018)

i'd say that's good enough.
Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

But it sure does look scary, doesn't it?

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.

i sourced ER doctors, some that saw combat & what they say carries more weight than you, davey - an apparent phallic symbol obsessed poster.

Family of AR-15 Inventor Eugene Stoner: He Didn't Intend It for Civilians
The inventor’s surviving children and adult grandchildren spoke exclusively to MSNBC, commenting for the first time on their family’s uneasy legacy.

"Our father, Eugene Stoner, designed the AR-15 and subsequent M-16 as a military weapon to give our soldiers an advantage over the AK-47,” the Stoner family told NBC News late Wednesday. "He died long before any mass shootings occurred. But, we do think he would have been horrified and sickened as anyone, if not more by these events."
Family of AR-15 Inventor: He Didn’t Intend It for Civilians

The AR-15 has never been used by the military.....it is not a military weapon......

The M-16 is the military weapon, you moron....the AR-15 does not have select fire capability so it wasn't used by the military....it is, in fact, the most popular civilian rifle in the United States.....

Considering that the hand gun is the actual preferred weapon of mass public shooters, you still don't know what you are talking about.

i never said that an AR-15 was military grade. learn to read what i actually posted.

i know that an AR-15 is not designed with the need to focus & get ones' victim within the site for an accurate kill. spray fanning is all that is needed & with a mag or drum, them thar multiple kills are guaranteed.

Dipshit....again.....at the range of a mass public shooting the AR-15 is no better than a pump action shotgun....as are 2 handguns......you idiot...

Boulder....used an AR-15 with magazines that held more than 10 bullets.. 10 killed.....

Virginia Tech...2 pistols, one with 10 round magazine..... 32 killed.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 2 pistols?

Boulder...10 killed with an AR-15 rifle and regular magazines ( holding more than 10 bullets)

Luby's Cafe..... 2 pistols....24 killed.

Do you see that the 2 pistols killed more than the AR-15?

Do you know what the difference was between these attacks?

The cops immediately responded and shot at the attacker in boulder, causing him to stop shooting unarmed victims, and then he shot himself....

Virginia Tech and Luby's Cafe, the police didn't get there, and at Luby's Cafe, the one woman who could have shot and killed the attacker had to leave her gun in her car because of stupid gun free zone laws....

Boulder AR-15 with magazines that hold more than 10 bullets...you know, regular magazines..... 10 killed...

Kerch, Russia, Polytechnic school shooting.... 5 shot, pump action shotgun...which means it had 5 shells which is 5 less than 10........20 killed 70 wounded.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 5 shot, pump action shotgun?

The difference? The Russian police station was 100 yards away from the school...but they didn't know to engage the shooter right away...which is how you save lives....they didn't start shooting at the guy and he shot more people.....and no one at the school was armed....

So again.......in a mass public shooting the number of bullets in the gun magazine don't mean anything......the gun doesn't make the difference....

What makes the difference?

1) if the target is a gun free zone, more people get killed.

2) if someone starts shooting at the attacker, they commit suicide, or surrender, or runaway....

That is what you don't understand and don't care to understand since you simply have a mental issue when it comes to the AR-15 rifle.

oh now i see....

you have a teeny weeny peeny.

:itsok:
You lose the debate.

EXACTLY the same reason why Comrade Harris-Biden attributed the Floyd killing to racism (with no evidence to support that assertion): because it fits the Narrative.

It's amazing that after 4 years of saying how unfair it was that Trump got attacked all the time, as soon as there's a Dem in the White House, the attacks and the insults come full on.

"Xiden" "Comrade" etc etc. Emotive nonsense that says your arguments are flimsy at best.
Actually the Press is protecting and defending President Rigged.
They relentlessly attacked President Trump, and they are still doing it.

The reality is you'll see what you want to see.

The press reported on Trump, Trump used the press to get publicity, even if it was bad publicity.

I've seen bad things reported about Biden, if he's being protected, they're doing a very bad job of it.

But then people feel the need to be the victim. It plays well with emotional people, people who think first and last with their emotions.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.
How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

what a ridiculous straw man. & false equivalency.

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

Guns protect the lives of good people...so you don't even get that right....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rape, robbery and murder......according to the Centers For Disease Control..

Do you understand that that is more lives saved than are taken by criminals using guns illegally?

10,235 gun murders in 2019. Of the victims, 70-80%, and more, of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals....and of the remaining victims, the vast majority are friends and family of criminals who are caught in the crossfire of their criminal associate....

1.1 million times Americans stop rape, robbery and murder .... vs ........ 10,235 gun murders of criminals..

Do you see why we don't take you seriously?

i'm sure i don't care how you take me.

i am not anti 2nd amendment, so fuck off with your proselytizing.
No, you're just a lying troll. You've spent the last two days arguing against the second amendment.

nope.
yep.

was that specifically when i said i have several firearms in my home?
You didn't specifically tell me anything about your firearms.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

what a ridiculous straw man. & false equivalency.

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

Guns protect the lives of good people...so you don't even get that right....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to stop rape, robbery and murder......according to the Centers For Disease Control..

Do you understand that that is more lives saved than are taken by criminals using guns illegally?

10,235 gun murders in 2019. Of the victims, 70-80%, and more, of the victims are criminals murdered by other criminals....and of the remaining victims, the vast majority are friends and family of criminals who are caught in the crossfire of their criminal associate....

1.1 million times Americans stop rape, robbery and murder .... vs ........ 10,235 gun murders of criminals..

Do you see why we don't take you seriously?

i'm sure i don't care how you take me.

i am not anti 2nd amendment, so fuck off with your proselytizing.
No, you're just a lying troll. You've spent the last two days arguing against the second amendment.

nope.
yep.

was that specifically when i said i have several firearms in my home?
You didn't specifically tell me anything about your firearms.

i don't need to list them. i will say what we do have, zero are AR-15s.

AR-15 creates not a hole but a ‘cavity’ in body, St. Luke’s surgeon says of rifle’s devastating power
By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |
Jun 29, 2019 at 1:40 PM

A bullet from the AR-15 rifle is three times as fast and as powerful as a bullet from a handgun. The bullet tumbles, so it damages a lot more tissue than bullets that travel in a straight line through the body, said Dr. Peter Thomas, director of the trauma program at St. Luke’s University Health Network.

“It doesn’t create a hole, it creates a cavity in the body,” he said.

The high-velocity bullet destroys not just tissue in its path, but surrounding tissue as well. “We have to take more skin, muscle and bone, because of the size of the impact,” he said.

The damage from a high-energy rifle is more serious and extensive than from a handgun, said Dr. Richard Sharpe, a trauma surgeon and former U.S. Navy doctor who served for more than two decades and was involved in combat operations. Treating such wounds requires the expertise and resources of a trauma center, where staff can triage quickly, draw from blood banks, stabilize patients, map out the bullet path and send people to surgery, he said.

“If someone’s shot with a rifle, they need a Level 1 trauma center,” Sharpe said. “They might not need blood, but at least they need a surgeon who’s used to seeing a high velocity wound.”

Patients shot with powerful rifles typically need more operations because of severe tissue damage, and also take longer to recover, said Dr. Jeremy Cannon, trauma medical director at the University of Pennsylvania Health System who served in Iraq and Afghanistan with the U.S. Air Force. Comparing AR-15 wounds to those inflicted by handguns, he said: “The workload that goes into each one of these patients is the equivalent of two to three patients combined.”

“The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path,” Dr. Heather Sher, a Florida radiologist, wrote in The Atlantic shortly after the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, last year. “It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.”

AR-15 creates not a hole but a ‘cavity’ in body, St. Luke’s surgeon says of rifle’s devastating power

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

A bullet from the AR-15 rifle is three times as fast and as powerful as a bullet from a handgun. The bullet tumbles, so it damages a lot more tissue than bullets that travel in a straight line through the body, said Dr. Peter Thomas, director of the trauma program at St. Luke’s University Health Network.

The high-velocity bullet destroys not just tissue in its path, but surrounding tissue as well. “We have to take more skin, muscle and bone, because of the size of the impact,” he said.

The damage from a high-energy rifle is more serious and extensive than from a handgun, said Dr. Richard Sharpe, a trauma surgeon and former U.S. Navy doctor who served for more than two decades and was involved in combat operations. Treating such wounds requires the expertise and resources of a trauma center, where staff can triage quickly, draw from blood banks, stabilize patients, map out the bullet path and send people to surgery, he said.

“If someone’s shot with a rifle, they need a Level 1 trauma center,” Sharpe said. “They might not need blood, but at least they need a surgeon who’s used to seeing a high velocity wound.”

Patients shot with powerful rifles typically need more operations because of severe tissue damage, and also take longer to recover, said Dr. Jeremy Cannon, trauma medical director at the University of Pennsylvania Health System who served in Iraq and Afghanistan with the U.S. Air Force. Comparing AR-15 wounds to those inflicted by handguns, he said: “The workload that goes into each one of these patients is the equivalent of two to three patients combined.”

“The high-velocity bullet causes a swath of tissue damage that extends several inches from its path,” Dr. Heather Sher, a Florida radiologist, wrote in The Atlantic shortly after the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, last year. “It does not have to actually hit an artery to damage it and cause catastrophic bleeding. Exit wounds can be the size of an orange.”

Again...since you seem pretty stupid.....I'll repeat....at the range of a mass public shooting......

There is only one mass public shooting where the rifle had an advantage in the shooting, and that was Las Vegas, where the range was over 200 yards......but he was also firing into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people, at night, from a concealed and fortified position.......with his initial shooting masked by the concert.

And if the crowd wasn't trapped in that concert arena, he wouldn't have been able to kill as many since they would have run away or found cover.....since shooting at moving targets at hundreds of yards is almost impossible for all but expertly trained shooters...

At the range of every other mass public shooting a rifle has no advantage over pistols or shotguns.......

again.....at the range of a mass public shooting the AR-15 is no better than a pump action shotgun....as are 2 handguns......you idiot...

Boulder....used an AR-15 with magazines that held more than 10 bullets.. 10 killed.....

Boulder...10 killed with an AR-15 rifle and regular magazines ( holding more than 10 bullets)

The cops immediately responded and shot at the attacker in boulder, causing him to stop shooting unarmed victims, and then he shot himself....

Virginia Tech and Luby's Cafe, the police didn't get there, and at Luby's Cafe, the one woman who could have shot and killed the attacker had to leave her gun in her car because of stupid gun free zone laws....

Boulder AR-15 with magazines that hold more than 10 bullets...you know, regular magazines..... 10 killed...

Kerch, Russia, Polytechnic school shooting.... 5 shot, pump action shotgun...which means it had 5 shells which is 5 less than 10........20 killed 70 wounded.

Do you see that the AR-15 killed fewer people than the 5 shot, pump action shotgun?

The difference? The Russian police station was 100 yards away from the school...but they didn't know to engage the shooter right away...which is how you save lives....they didn't start shooting at the guy and he shot more people.....and no one at the school was armed....

So again.......in a mass public shooting the number of bullets in the gun magazine don't mean anything......the gun doesn't make the difference....

2) if someone starts shooting at the attacker, they commit suicide, or surrender, or runaway....

That is what you don't understand and don't care to understand since you simply have a mental issue when it comes to the AR-15 rifle.

That rifle had no special advantage in a mass public shooting.

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

Do you understand that any rifle, or shotgun at close range is going to do that? That all bullets create a "Wound Cavity" when they hit a human body? Even pistol round?

Do you practice at being this stupid..or does it come naturally for you?

an AR15 ... good for hunting? unless
By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

Again...since you seem pretty stupid.....I'll repeat....at the range of a mass public shooting......

There is only one mass public shooting where the rifle had an advantage in the shooting, and that was Las Vegas, where the range was over 200 yards......but he was also firing into a tightly packed crowd of over 22,000 people, at night, from a concealed and fortified position.......with his initial shooting masked by the concert.

And if the crowd wasn't trapped in that concert arena, he wouldn't have been able to kill as many since they would have run away or found cover.....since shooting at moving targets at hundreds of yards is almost impossible for all but expertly trained shooters...

At the range of every other mass public shooting a rifle has no advantage over pistols or shotguns.......

again.....at the range of a mass public shooting the AR-15 is no better than a pump action shotgun....as are 2 handguns......you idiot...

you aren't factoring in variable regarding the capability of an AR15 or the actual wounds/survival rate.

dismissed.

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

Do you understand that any rifle, or shotgun at close range is going to do that? That all bullets create a "Wound Cavity" when they hit a human body? Even pistol round?

with an AR 15 ... you don't need to be close or as accurate.

i'll believe an ER doctor's acct of what causes more damage to a human over a gun nut who not only can't master basic reading comp, but is desperately over compensating for his ... shortcomings.

an AR15 ... good for hunting? unless
By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

you aren't factoring in variable regarding the capability of an AR15 or the actual wounds/survival rate.

dismissed.

A shotgun at that range is just as damaging ans is a .357 .....and dead is dead....as the number killed in Russia with a 5 shot, pump action shotgun shows.

And again, since you are very slow.....

There are over 20 million AR-15s in private hands.....they were not used to shoot anyone......banning a rifle that is no different from any other rifle, pistol or shotgun is just stupid....and you assholes won't stop with the AR-15........

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

i'll believe an ER doctor's acct of what causes more damage to a human over a gun nut who not only can't master basic reading comp, but is desperately over compensating for his ... shortcomings.

Again....you are dumb....the range of all but one mass public shooting was so close that the weapon type didn't matter....

You can't win an argument on this topic because the truth, facts and reality show you are just ignorant to the truth, facts and reality....so you go for emotional appeal to uninformed people who don't know anything about mass public shootings, but can be stampeded through their ignorance into giving you power...

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

If you actually want to stop mass public shootings? You would end gun free zones. Mass public shooters choose gun free zones as their targets...they are not looking for gun fights, they are looking for large gatherings of unarmed people.......and if you want to stop them, you have to have someone confront them with a gun....then they commit suicide, surrender or run away.....

But you don't care about saving lives...you are just an anti-gun, irrational extremist.

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

You actually believe those fairy tales? I bet you think an AR fires a "tumbling" bullet, too...lol

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

Moron...this is 12 guage hitting ballistic gel.....

You are an idiot........at the range of a mass public shooting...the shotgun, the 5 shot, pump action shotgun is as bad...which is why you shitheads won't stop with just banning the AR-15 rifle...

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

You actually believe those fairy tales? I bet you think an AR fires a "tumbling" bullet, too...lol

first person accts from actual doctors aren't fairy tales. i bet you wanna believe i think an AR fires a 'tumbling' bullet just so you can feel even more 'macho', amiright, rambo?

By Binghui Huang
The Morning Call |

Moron...this is 12 guage hitting ballistic gel.....

You are an idiot........at the range of a mass public shooting...the shotgun, the 5 shot, pump action shotgun is as bad...which is why you shitheads won't stop with just banning the AR-15 rifle...

1619957928595.jpeg

Forum List

Back