Shoot Them On Sight?

Having read posts from several USMB members suggesting that those who break curfew or are caught looting ought to be shot on sight, I think it is a discussion worth having.

Do you believe that law enforcement officers should have the authority to shoot people seen after curfew.....or seen looting?

If so......what do you think is the end game? What do you think would result?

If not......how should looters and curfew breakers be dealt with?
Shoot them with what?

A shot with a bean bag gun to disable them for arrest? A shot with a rubber bullet to hamstring them from running so they can be arrested?

A lethal shot meant to kill?

Please list who these "USMB" posters where and how they described who should be shot and at what lethality...

These are the same USMB members who compare President Obama to Hitler -- they are now in favor of Summery Executions for non-capital offense crimes.

Yeah, we have some real winners around here...

Only liberals have enough hatred built up to hate certain media outlets and rant about a voice on the radio. They even find time to hate fundamentalist Christians. It's no secret that every modern mass shooter leaned left.

Yes, indeed you have.

Funny old shitting bull wants to claim board racist have prejudged Brown while the far left loons here do the exact same with the police officer.

It's called fighting fire with fire. BTW, Michael Brown was unarmed and murdered for jaywalking.

It's called being a hypocrite and BTW our justice works on the idea of innocent till proven guilty not guilty till proven innocent a concept you and the other far lefties should look into you guys seem to forget that pretty quickly when it suits your purpose.

I've gotten only a few straight answers to the question....thanks for those. I've gotten ZERO comments from proponents of "shooting on sight" regarding the end game.

Probably because nobody but you and your strawman are calling for shoot on sight.

The end game is you and your ilk look like fucking idiot's. And that has been achieved.

Wrong again, dummy. Several USMB nutters have called for curfew breakers and looters in Ferguson to be shot on sight. Fucking try harder.

a lot of you do not understand the use of force to prevent a crime vs punishment

many years ago I was mugged. Now, if the muggers had succeeded and merely beat me up and took my property-they would have suffered no more than a few years in prison. However I shot one-but for me quickly calling a nearby EMT unit, he would have died. I was perfectly justified in shooting him to stop of mugging

shooting looters is not PUNISHMENT It is a legitimate way to stop illegal behavior in times of civil unrest

Fuck no,

Only if the police are being shot at.

Otherwise, I believe the police should be able to arrest and use laughing gas until the looters apply with the demands.

Laughing gas?....are they going to pull teeth too?...

Laughing gas causes drowsiness also; tear gas makes humans angrier, in some cases. Whatever it takes short of killing, certain individuals/groups MAY have an interest in continued violence/unrest. Michael Brown's death brought out the fact Ferguson PD received Federal money for dash cams..................but failed to purchase them. Had the Department done so, the public might have reliable evidence already. Now, just contradictory statements, and some media outlets fanning the flames, like Briebart.

Yep. And I am one of them. Shoot them. Rubber bullets, tazers. Whatever works. And if that doesn't work, get out the real bullets.

Having read posts from several USMB members suggesting that those who break curfew or are caught looting ought to be shot on sight, I think it is a discussion worth having.

Do you believe that law enforcement officers should have the authority to shoot people seen after curfew.....or seen looting?

Shoot them with what?

A shot with a bean bag gun to disable them for arrest? A shot with a rubber bullet to hamstring them from running so they can be arrested?

Please list who these "USMB" posters where and how they described who should be shot and at what lethality...

Fuck off. Read the forum.

a lot of you do not understand the use of force to prevent a crime vs punishment

many years ago I was mugged. Now, if the muggers had succeeded and merely beat me up and took my property-they would have suffered no more than a few years in prison. However I shot one-but for me quickly calling a nearby EMT unit, he would have died. I was perfectly justified in shooting him to stop of mugging

shooting looters is not PUNISHMENT It is a legitimate way to stop illegal behavior in times of civil unrest

I think the situation you are describing is completely different than allowing the police to kill us for stealing, because that is basically what SOME people are advocating for, giving the government the authority to KILL us for stealing. It's outrageous for any of us who are concerned with our rights. I think that if the property owner were to catch looters in his store, then he could shoot them to protect HIS property, but that is not what the question was. The question was if it's okay for police to do it. I say Nooooooo.

I've gotten only a few straight answers to the question....thanks for those. I've gotten ZERO comments from proponents of "shooting on sight" regarding the end game.

Probably because nobody but you and your strawman are calling for shoot on sight.

The end game is you and your ilk look like fucking idiot's. And that has been achieved.

Wrong again, dummy. Several USMB nutters have called for curfew breakers and looters in Ferguson to be shot on sight. Fucking try harder.

Must have missed that. Go find and quote them.

Shoot them with what?

I asked you a direct question mofo....

Answer it.

Did you think that shot on sight can mean a tazer?

Did they specifically say they wanted them killed on sight?

I think the situation you are describing is completely different than allowing the police to kill us for stealing, because that is basically what SOME people are advocating for, giving the government the authority to KILL us for stealing. It's outrageous for any of us who are concerned with our rights. I think that if the property owner were to catch looters in his store, then he could shoot them to protect HIS property, but that is not what the question was. The question was if it's okay for police to do it. I say Nooooooo.

cops see a mass of thugs looting store by all means they should shoot

I think if it will help restore order in a crime ridden area...then yes. Should give the cop that shot Brown a marksmanship medal. Scored a head shot while under attack. Of course it would be hard to miss the giant gourd on the perps shoulders.

^USMB Rightwinger.

Or, is it more than just the uneducated low life RWs we see here?

Is this the way the entire Republican party is going? The ones we see here rooting for the slaughter of US citizens are the same ones who hump Pootin's leg. They love that he's a bully and beats up, kills, starves on his own people.

I really hate to see the RW Pootarians killing our country but it really does look like they won't be happy until we are Russia and have a dictator instead of an elected president.

Shoot them with what?

I asked you a direct question mofo....

Answer it.

Did you think that shot on sight can mean a tazer?

Did they specifically say they wanted them killed on sight?

Where have you been?

Read a couple posts up for typical RW scum saying people should be gunned down in the streets for stealing a TV.

Betcha that same scum is anti-abortion cuz we all know RWs love fetuses but hate children and adults.

Edited to add -

Bet most of them will say they're "christians" too.

Liars.

Yes, tear gas or something nonlethal. You can't be suggesting that they just open fire into a crowd of people indiscriminately because they are stealing?

Yes, tear gas or something nonlethal. You can't be suggesting that they just open fire into a crowd of people indiscriminately because they are stealing?

after there has been a curfew and a general warning-looters who continue need shooting

Forum List

Back