Sheriff Joe to Serve Bread & Water to Inmates Who Defaced American Flags

they don't care about the right to vote.

they will do ANYTHING in the name of the R party

Not all republicans are unreasonable people - only a particular faction of the party roots for assholes like sheriff Joe. The rest of them are regular people who want the best for America.

Bread and water is not cruel or unusual.

Serve it to your house guest for a week - when their hair starts falling out, complain to them about leaving hair in the sink.

Well then, why don't we serve the scumbags some prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley? That's what my last house guests got, Johnny Numbnuts.

We ought to make sure they have down pillows and lambs wool bedspreads too, and coffee and scones on the front porch sunday mornings.

:cuckoo:

Sheriff Joe to Serve Bread & Water to Inmates Who Defaced American Flags
Although the punishment seems tough, that's the price you pay for defacing the American flag while incarcerated. As a prisoner, you give up many of your rights, like voting for instance.

Hair falling out from just bread and water?
Hmmm, then just 'bread and water' is a very bad idea.

Upon reflection, now that I'm fully awake at 8.40am on this Australia Day Sunday morning ...this punishment of Sheriff Joe's is totally wrong.
Bread and water only...sounds like the "convict days" of old, when they also used to flog prisoners to death.
We're supposed to be living in more enlightened times...not "petty and nasty" times.

Sheriff Joe reportedly already spends more on food per day "per person" for the prison dogs than he does for the prisoners.
He also reportedly doesn't issue enough blankets to the inmates.

Wonder if the inmates who defaced the flags are American citizens, or foreigners?
If they're Americans, why would they do that?

Maybe give the defacers their normal food, and make them attend flag appreciation seminars all week instead of 'starvation'.

Bread and water is not cruel or unusual.

Serve it to your house guest for a week - when their hair starts falling out, complain to them about leaving hair in the sink.

Well then, why don't we serve the scumbags some prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley? That's what my last house guests got, Johnny Numbnuts.

We ought to make sure they have down pillows and lambs wool bedspreads too, and coffee and scones on the front porch sunday mornings.

You served your house guests Johnny Numbnuts? how terrible for them ... you should have stuck with bread.

I'm not saying that criminals should eat prime rib, I never heard anyone here say that, but bread and water can kill you if you are on it for more than a few days. Why don't we just kill all prisoners? Would that make you happy?

Your avatar is disgraceful.

Last edited:
Hair falling out from just bread and water?
Hmmm, then just 'bread and water' is a very bad idea.

Upon reflection, now that I'm fully awake at 8.40am on this Australia Day Sunday morning ...this punishment of Sheriff Joe's is totally wrong.
Bread and water only...sounds like the "convict days" of old, when they also used to flog prisoners to death.
We're supposed to be living in more enlightened times...not "petty and nasty" times.

Sheriff Joe reportedly already spends more on food per day "per person" for the prison dogs than he does for the prisoners.
He also reportedly doesn't issue enough blankets to the inmates.

Wonder if the inmates who defaced the flags are American citizens, or foreigners?
If they're Americans, why would they do that?

Maybe give the defacers their normal food, and make them attend flag appreciation seminars all week instead of 'starvation'.

Of course, we could always allow it and we could certainly trust sheriff Joe to not lie about who defaced the flag.

Not everyone in prison is a bad person...many are in for possessing illegal drugs, prostitution, things they would not have been incarcerated for in other Western nations.

On COPS there was this little, older, White guy, with a bandana. He was just standing on the corner in some semi-rural type street. He looked a bit spaced out. The cops stopped him and searched him. in his pockets was some marijuana.
Yes, cops handcuffed him and took him off to jail, maybe prison.

Also on COPS have been shown some prostitutes, ...poor, on drugs [you'd have to be on drugs to do the job IMO], dishevelled, likely wouldn't be able to get any other job, cops handcuffed them and took them off to jail, maybe prison.

Not everyone in prison is a bad person...many are in for possessing illegal drugs, prostitution, things they would not have been incarcerated for in other Western nations.

Putting it in very simple terms, if you are breaking the law, then you are a "bad" person. Its that simple.

And, lets remember that those who are jail for these kinds of offenses you have stated have shown themselves to be incorrigible, as you don't get time on the slammer for the crimes you cite unless you are a repeat offender.

Hearing all of the liberal bleeding heart loons here crying about criminal's 'rights' makes me want to puke. ... :cuckoo: :evil:

Not everyone who breaks the law is a serial killer.
Inmates should have the same rights as every other citizen, even the right to vote, below a certain level of sentence.
They are entitled...the UN Declaration of Human Rights says so.

Lives are ruined by sending people to prison.

And this systematic gassing of whole blocks of inmates causing burns is torture and a total outrage.

You never know, and cannot guarantee, that you [or yours] won't be in prison one day.

Fall on hard times thru illness, be poor, can't get food stamps, steal some food to feed the faaamily, it'll be off to prison for you.
Guarantee you'll be wanting prisoners rights then.

The Irish have an iconic song about this very thing;

"Fields of At 'n rye".

By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young girl calling
Micheal they are taking you away
For you stole Trevelyn's corn
So the young might see the morn.
Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay.

By a lonely harbor wall
She watched the last star falling
As that prison ship sailed out against the sky
Sure she'll wait and hope and pray
For her love in Botany Bay
It's so lonely 'round the Fields of Athenry.

etc

Can you guarantee that your kids won't take the cops' bait car for a spin?

Last edited by a moderator:

You served your house guests Johnny Numbnuts? how terrible for them ... you should have stuck with bread.

I'm not saying that criminals should eat prime rib, I never heard anyone here say that, but bread and water can kill you if you are on it for more than a few days. Why don't we just kill all prisoners? Would that make you happy?

Your avatar is disgraceful.

Bread and water can kill you? Oh, thanks for letting me know Dr Oz. :cuckoo:

Good to know that Sheriff Joe has so much contempt for our First Amendment freedom of expression. Also reading through the comments being left on the article, it's ironic to see the so called limited government Tea Party crowd cheering on his gross abuse of civil rights.

Arizona Sheriff: Inmates Who Defaced Flags to Get Only Bread and Water

if you dont want to end up on bread and water

dont play with matches while serving time

hope they get another six months for it ta boot

Forum List

Back