SF proposes voting rights for non-citizens

For S&M and others who relish their ignorance, San Francisco (and the entire Bay Area) has it's share of LW Fringers but to characterize an entire region (the fifth largest in the U.S.) as being all far left is typical for political hacks.
Much like the other top five metro areas the Bay Area is diverse and vibrant; it is unique owing to world renown universities and providing exceptional cultural, athletic and culinary opportunities. Of course all parts of our country have attributes worthy of praise, and having traveled extensively I appreciate the diversity and beauty of other areas.
I don't characterize everyone in Georgia and S. Carolina as racist morons, Charleston and Savannah are wonderful travel destinations (as long as one goes in the fall or spring). Having visited every region of our country it is worth noting that no one area has everything my home town offers.
To our north, the counties of Marin (Sausalito), Napa and Sonoma and Mendocino; to the South Santa Cruz (the real Surf City) and between there and The City, Mavericks - some of the largest waves to be ridden in the world; and to the East Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and some of the best downhill skiing in the world.
Only a fool, a liar or the willfully ignorant would characterize an entire region because a small but loud minority makes headlines. Of course fools, liars and the willfully ignoratnt are well represented on this MB (but not everyone, there is diversity here - once one gets past the RW echo chamber).

I post that I would never want to live in NoCal, and Wry hallucinates some words I never typed.

The Haight still lives, I guess.

Nutcase.

We are we calling them illegal aliens or illegal immigrants? We need to call them what they really are:

Undocumented Democrats!

Saw this on O'REilly last night.

Apparantly this has been tried before in SF. Didn't pass. Its only for local elections.

The voters have to approve it.

The guy proposing this is on the Board there. He's of Chinese decent and the comentator was saying it was directed at the Chinese community. Votes for him if he can get it voted in.

If it does pass ite will include all illegals. Not just the Chinese.

Boy. I guess some folks will do anything for votes. Jeeze.

For S&M and others who relish their ignorance, San Francisco (and the entire Bay Area) has it's share of LW Fringers but to characterize an entire region (the fifth largest in the U.S.) as being all far left is typical for political hacks.
Much like the other top five metro areas the Bay Area is diverse and vibrant; it is unique owing to world renown universities and providing exceptional cultural, athletic and culinary opportunities. Of course all parts of our country have attributes worthy of praise, and having traveled extensively I appreciate the diversity and beauty of other areas.
I don't characterize everyone in Georgia and S. Carolina as racist morons, Charleston and Savannah are wonderful travel destinations (as long as one goes in the fall or spring). Having visited every region of our country it is worth noting that no one area has everything my home town offers.
To our north, the counties of Marin (Sausalito), Napa and Sonoma and Mendocino; to the South Santa Cruz (the real Surf City) and between there and The City, Mavericks - some of the largest waves to be ridden in the world; and to the East Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and some of the best downhill skiing in the world.
Only a fool, a liar or the willfully ignorant would characterize an entire region because a small but loud minority makes headlines. Of course fools, liars and the willfully ignoratnt are well represented on this MB (but not everyone, there is diversity here - once one gets past the RW echo chamber).

It's Beautiful country, I miss it. Especially Big Sur and the North coast of Santa Cruz.

You'd be surprised, Toro. At one time in our history you weren't required to be a citizen to vote.

And last time I checked cities were still allowed some say in politics.

Let illegal aliens vote, THERE'S a good idea. All hail President bin Laden or Kim Jong-il ! Why stop there, lower the voting age to birth, then all those drooling cranky 2 year olds can demand all adults stop making them wear diapers, because they violate Infant-American's rights. Only in Cali.

You'd be surprised, Toro. At one time in our history you weren't required to be a citizen to vote.

Links please. NY State Constitution has always prohibited non citizens from voting, Swearing Allegiance comes before suffrage Ravi.

Facts mean nothing to Ravi.

Dems want illegals to vote because if they don't vote, their chances of winning elections takes a huge hit. If we really put our foot down about dead people voting, they're done for!

Is it too late to cut a deal with Mexico to take Mz Pelosi and CA back?

By the way Ft Bragg, CA is a city not a military base.

It was once. Way back. We did three consecutive "Fourth of July's at Fort Ord back in the 80's. Best fire works of my life. One year they shot them right over the crowd, shit landed all over us and around us. It was great. ;) ;) :)

In the summer of 1857, First Lieutenant Horatio G. Gibson, then serving at the Presidio in San Francisco, established a military post on the Mendocino Indian Reservation approximately one and one-half miles north of the Noyo River. He named the camp for his former commanding officer Captain Braxton Bragg, who later became a General in the Army of the Confederacy. The official date of the establishment of the fort was June 11, 1857. Its purpose was to maintain order on the reservation.

Gibson and Company M, Third artillery left Fort Bragg in January 1859 to be replaced by Company D, 6th Infantry. They stayed for two years and continued to build up the post.

In 1862 a company from the 2nd California Infantry assumed command and remained until 1864. In October of that year the Fort Bragg garrison was loaded aboard the steamer "Panama" and completed the evacuation and abandonment of Mendocino County's first military post.

The Mendocino Indian reservation was discontinued in March 1886 and the land opened for settlement several years later.

The last remaining building of the Fort Bragg military post (pictured at right) is located at 430 North Franklin Street. It was the Quarter- master's storehouse and commissary. First Lt. Horatio Gates Gibson established the post on the Mendocino Indian Reservation and named it for Braxton Bragg, a former company commander of his.

The approximate boundaries of the fort extend from the south side of Laurel, east from the railroad depot to the alley behind Franklin, down the alley to a point 100 feet south of Redwood Avenue, west on Redwood to just beyond the Georgia-Pacific Corporation company offices, then north to connect with the Laurel Street border at the railroad station.

History of Fort Bragg, California

Are they talking about legal immigrants or illegal immigrants? The link doesn't say.

Non-citizen immigrants whose children are enrolled in San Francisco public schools...

it doesn't say? Seems like it says to me. I don't know about anyone else but I really don't care what people who aren't citizens of this country have to say about how we run things.

Are they talking about legal immigrants or illegal immigrants? The link doesn't say.

Non-citizen immigrants whose children are enrolled in San Francisco public schools...

it doesn't say? Seems like it says to me. I don't know about anyone else but I really don't care what people who aren't citizens of this country have to say about how we run things.

My dad was an irish immigrant. Came over when he was 8 or 9 years old. just he and his older brother. They made a life for themselves and they got their citizenship. THey told me they got it as soon as they could because they knew if they wanted to take part in this country they had to contribute... My dad and uncle both served in WWII as American citizens, and earned their citizenship with both a test of knowledge and courage under fire.

What have the parents of those children earned? All they did was stay here long enough to have a kid... The citizenship tests are available, why not take them if they want to vote?

Yes they are talking about illegal's voting. You see their anchor children are citizens. The reasoning is that parents of course will never be sent home so why not let them vote.

Bunch of fucking bullshit if you ask me. I don't believe children of illegals should be given citizenship. Or those said children ever be allowed into public schools.

welcome to my world!

Last edited:

No, it doesn't make it clear...they could be talking about green card holders. Where I live there are thousands and thousands of legal immigrants that are not citizens.

Links please. NY State Constitution has always prohibited non citizens from voting, Swearing Allegiance comes before suffrage Ravi.

More than 40 states or territories, including colonies before the Declaration of Independence, allowed non-citizens who satisfied residential requirements to vote in all elections. This in part reflected the strong continuing immigration to the US. Some cities (Chicago), towns or villages (in Maryland) today allow non-citizen residents to vote in school or local elections. Cities in Massachusetts, for instance, have worked with the state legislature to introduce such a proposal. As of 2008, state legislature proposals on non-citizen residents' voting either have been or are being submitted on the matter in New York, Connecticut, Maine, Texas and California.
Voting rights in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I post that I would never want to live in NoCal, and Wry hallucinates some words I never typed.

Nutcase.

"The Haight" does live, the entrepreneurs have opened "head shops" selling peace symbols and posters, tye dyed shirts and granny dresses and attracting tourists from all over the world. Much like the summer of love the street a few short blocks east of old Kezar Stadium is teeming with visitors all adding to the local economy, wearing flowers in their hair when not sitting on a dock by the bay.

Nutcase.

"The Haight" does live, the entrepreneurs have opened "head shops" selling peace symbols and posters, tye dyed shirts and granny dresses and attracting tourists from all over the world. Much like the summer of love the street a few short blocks east of old Kezar Stadium is teeming with visitors all adding to the local economy, wearing flowers in their hair when not sitting on a dock by the bay.

Good. For those who like that sort of thing. I don't.

Tourists here come for history and seat of power, mostly, not freak show watching. My preference.

Forum List

Back