Several Truck Companies Plan to Completely Eliminate the Use of Human Drivers This Year

Expect more jobs to be lost to automation. Companies are always looking to increase their bottom line at the expense of workers.

I've run into a manager hired straight out of college who didn't last long. His first order of business was to set up standing meetings to get daily project statuses at 4:30 pm, no problem, but then again at 9:00 am, at which point the answer was, what we told you yesterday, now let us get to work. There are always some who think that they have it mastered because they have the degree and need a reality check.
Life experience and common sense beats any degree hands down.

Expect more jobs to be lost to automation. Companies are always looking to increase their bottom line at the expense of workers.
Blame the customer, they're always demanding lower prices. If they voted with their wallets and demanded higher pay or whatever workers are agitating for, companies would hustle to give them exactly that, happy to charge higher prices.

I've run into a manager hired straight out of college who didn't last long. His first order of business was to set up standing meetings to get daily project statuses at 4:30 pm, no problem, but then again at 9:00 am, at which point the answer was, what we told you yesterday, now let us get to work. There are always some who think that they have it mastered because they have the degree and need a reality check.
I've suffered through that to the point where we were questioned about not getting our projects completed. I honestly answered that we're always sitting in mandatory meetings. My co-workers jaws dropped in unison.
My boss talked to me afterwards and said that I could be excluded, unless I was really needed for a particular meeting, when he would come and ask me to attend personally.

In an engineering department with 13 members, I became revered and envied, though no one else had the guts to do what I did.

I've suffered through that to the point where we were questioned about not getting our projects completed. I honestly answered that we're always sitting in mandatory meetings. My co-workers jaws dropped in unison.
My boss talked to me afterwards and said that I could be excluded, unless I was really needed for a particular meeting, when he would come and ask me to attend personally.

In an engineering department with 13 members, I became revered and envied, though no one else had the guts to do what I did.
You have to remember what managers apparently think measures their productivity, and for some, it seems to be the number of meetings they hold.

Forum List

Back