Secretary of Transportation Pete "Pothole" Buttigieg Announces Plan to Fix Roads With Lower Speed Limits and More Speed Camera Tickets for Drivers

I think you mean the Police Chief must be delusional. He's the one who stated the purpose of the cameras which have license plate readers...

"At the May 19 regular council meeting, Fulshear Police Chief Kenny Seymour said his goal is to install 25 license plate readers to help his department solve burglaries and break-ins; only about 15%-20% of those cases are ever solved."

They are in use in my small town as well, and I have personally witnessed an officer confront a person who came up as suspicious (not a county resident) based soley upon their license plate at our local dump.

Your officer probably had a reader in their car, many police cars are equipped with them.

Our city (Tallahassee, FL) government thought it would be great to install red-light cameras. The result, after a few years, was that they cost far more than the revenue they brought in plus accidents INCREASED. Drivers approaching a traffic signal would slam on their brakes if the light turned yellow when they would have rolled through the intersection before the cameras. A stoned driver was speeding and approaching one of our major intersections. The car in front of them slammed on the brakes when the light turned yellow and was destroyed by the drunk driver. The four passengers in the front car were all killed. The stoned driver walked away.

I'm fine if they want to use speed cameras on four-lane expressways. Follow the lead of Germany, cite drivers driving too slow in the left lane and not pulling over from the left lane if approached by a faster car. That has been proven to REDUCE accidents. About a year later the cameras vanished.

Like I said, we don't have to worry about speed or red light cameras, they've been outlawed State wide.

Yes, because it is utter bullshit.

Fines and tickets are revenue raising tools to the state and they have a MASSIVE disproportionate impact on the poor. We should not be finding ways to increase traffic tickets.

Which does not address what I said. Why is it so difficult for anyone to address what I actually said?

We have a fair system. Why do Democrats always come up with "solutions" to problems that don't exist and ignore real issues?

We clearly do not have a fair system. We are a little better than a few years ago but hardly fair.

LIFE is not fair.

Other than that, specifically what is not fair about the "system"?

I can point out a big one currently in the news.

One guy gets sent to jail for selling some weed on a street corner. The Sackler family gets to buy their way out of prison.

Buttigieg is taking De Blasio's war on drivers nationwide: NYC Republican warns there were 20 speed cameras at start of former mayor's reign and now there are 1,400 raking in $215M a year or $25,000-an-hour and 'Pothole Pete' wants them across US​

• A New York City councilman says the cameras have done little to prevent deaths
  • Republican Joe Borelli called them a 'tax on the middle class and poor people'
  • Buttigieg announced the cameras as part of a national road safety plan Thursday
  • The plan recommends programs to study and promote use of speed cameras
  • The cameras are also opposed by some on the left, who say the fines go toward police departments

Borelli, the Republican minority leader of the New York City Council, said the cameras would add to already existing hefty fines imposed by the 'radical far-left, anti-car City Council.'

The councilman pointed out '$20 tolls' in the city, which are charged to certain kinds of commercial trucks. Most tolls for personal vehicles in NYC cap out at $10 at the highest, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

Buttigieg avoided mentioning the cameras during a speech introducing the National Roadway Safety Strategy on Thursday.

1643817001595.png

Which does not address what I said. Why is it so difficult for anyone to address what I actually said?
Because they all have addressed what you said, you just do not like the answer.

THE. TRAFFIC. CAMERAS. ARE. NOT. MORE. FAIR.

Period. You can parrot untruths all you want and then complain we are not addressing something that is false. How about YOU address the fact that they are not 'fair.'

Putting them in does not remove racial disparities because racial disparities are not indications of a flawed system, they are indications that outcomes are not and never will be even across the board. How about you address the fact that I brought up as there is no such thing as a 'fair' traffic fines system, it will disproportionally effect the poor. How about you address anything other then stating the same bullshit falsehood over and over again.

Last edited:
WTF does the Transportation Sec have to do with local driving law enforcement?

What a putz Pete The Buttplug is.

I can point out a big one currently in the news.

One guy gets sent to jail for selling some weed on a street corner. The Sackler family gets to buy their way out of prison.
We are running headfirst where technology is slowly controlling us more and more. Cameras are set with no fuzziness in the speed of drivers. It is a revenue enhancing system to take from those who will pay. Who are getting more and more frustrated as there are more and more people who do not. A percentage of drivers even have no insurance and no licenses.

Forum List

Back