Service Dogs In Restaurants

Yes. Cant you hear what she said in the video and they didnt deny?
I can't understand a word she is saying due to her screeching. And it wouldn't matter anyway. First time she opened her mouth to SCREAM would be enough for me.
Probably went something like this...

woman..."i dont want to eat here next to this dog. lets go"

dog owner...I approached you in a nice manner to explain federal law. ( she literally said this)

Normally there's signs about service dogs posted outside.

?? never noticed

Many restaurants in Ft. Worth have those signs posted right between the No Firearms Allowed sign and the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service sign.

oh--------I live in DA CITY-------there are people here who would trash a restaurant listing RULES

Not the dogs fault. And I would have still ate my sandwich after removing the wet part.
AFETIO.gif

I can't understand a word she is saying due to her screeching. And it wouldn't matter anyway. First time she opened her mouth to SCREAM would be enough for me.

I got enough of it to know that she objected to the presence of a dog in the
restaurant------she screamed something about it being "nasty" which is a word
used by lots of people to indicate "dirty" or "disgusting" I feel uncomfortable
with a dog near me------or even in the house ------but in public I always TOLERATE
the situation ------without comment if it is a service dog
If you feel uncomfortable around dogs...then....meh. They are not dirty and nasty unless some schmuck has abused them or tossed them on the side of the road. Service dogs, just regular pets dogs..doesn't matter to me. I love them all. Maybe I am dirty and nasty too then. Good. I prefer dogs over people anyway.

that's what a young man told me-----about 40 years ago------when I objected to the fact that his dog had LICKED
my sandwich ------actually leaving it WET. ----------so I threw the sandwich away and left. I think that the
young man was wrong
Yes, the young man was not a very good trainer. Not the dogs fault. And I would have still ate my sandwich after removing the wet part.
Then again...I adore dogs. Love them. And NOBODY is going to holler at me over my dog and walk away without getting back what was dished. However...I no longer have a companion animal, so the point is moot. Just upsets me about shit like this. So....

/thread

Good thing that dog wasn't a Rottweiler.

There's a big difference between service animals and emotional comfort/support animals. To my knowledge, service animals undergo extensive training and socialization before being put into service. They are screened for proper attitude and personality bare even selected to become service animals. Emotional support animals, however, are considered such after their owner declares to be, regardless of evaluation, selection, or training. I have no problem with service animals in public places, emotional support animals (pets), not so much.
That being said, when I lived in Europe, it was not uncommon for people to bring their (well manned, well trained) dogs into restaurants.

Not the dogs fault. And I would have still ate my sandwich after removing the wet part.
AFETIO.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^

I did not find it funny------I almost THREW UP. Another experience-----I was eating dinner in the home of my ex's aunt----LONG AGO-----I saw her pick up the dog's dish and ---shove it
into the dishwasher--------another almost VOMIT experience for me

AFETIO.gif

I did not find it funny------I almost THREW UP. Another experience-----I was eating dinner in the home of my ex's aunt----LONG AGO-----I saw her pick up the dog's dish and ---shove it
There is something seriously wrong with you.

And, you would hate my house. After supper, we would have the dogs lick the plate sooooo clean, we would tell them thank you for not making us wash the dishes.

:rofl:

AFETIO.gif

And, you would hate my house. After supper, we would have the dogs lick the plate sooooo clean, we would tell them thank you for not making us wash the dishes.

yes----that practice would be a problem for me

AFETIO.gif

*eye roll*

I highly recommend you moving to the Middle East, where they think dogs are disgusting filthy animals and are unclean. I'm sure you will love it there.

If I were sitting next to the Dog and it started to scratch or shake it's self while I'm eating, that would be a problem
Boo fucking hoo! A service dog is perfectly acceptable any situation. There but for the grace of God go I. Learn some empathy and stop acting like an asshole bully.

Last edited:
If I were sitting next to the Dog and it started to scratch or shake it's self while I'm eating, that would be a problem
Boo ducking hoo! A service dog is perfectly accepting any situation. There but for the grace of God go I. Learn some empathy and stop acting like an asshole bully.
He is the biggest racist here and doesn't like dogs.
What a loser poor Tank is.

*eye roll*

I highly recommend you moving to the Middle East, where they think dogs are disgusting filthy animals and are unclean. I'm sure you will love it there.

you make an interesting comment. It is true that dogs are not considered "FRIENDS" in the middle east----
especially by muslims. Most muslims (I have worked with and socialized LOTS with muslims) ---are disgusted
by the idea of a dog LIVING IN THE HOUSE-------but the sense is not limited ENTIRELY to muslims -------nor to the
middle east--------Pakistanis I have known felt the same way. Muhummad did not like dogs-----he liked cats

I'm suggesting they said something to her as she explained in the video. Why would they care that she didnt like the dog?

they "said something" to her? ----quite a stretch there-----"they said something to her"
Probably went something like this...

woman..."i dont want to eat here next to this dog. lets go"

dog owner...I approached you in a nice manner to explain federal law. ( she literally said this)

yes----something wrong with that?
Yes something was wrong with that. The law wasnt the issue. She thought a dog being in the restaurant was nasty. They were trying to convince her it wasnt nasty. No one asked the dog owner to explain the law to the woman and from what the woman said the dog owner did it in a confrontational manner in front of her child. The woman was leaving. The dog owner should have let it go and never said anything to her.

Forum List

Back