Service Dogs In Restaurants

I had to stop the vid @ 40secs.
Service dogs should be allowed.

I work in a hospital where dogs are sometimes allowed in to visit their owners. We also have dogs brought in by volunteers to visit certain patients.

The dogs allowed in have gone through special training.
I agree but that wasnt the issue. The woman thought the dog was nasty and wanted to leave. The dog owner wanted to convince her otherwise.
The woman was free to leave.
Thats what she was doing when the dog owner confronted her.

I work in a hospital where dogs are sometimes allowed in to visit their owners. We also have dogs brought in by volunteers to visit certain patients.

I agree but that wasnt the issue. The woman thought the dog was nasty and wanted to leave. The dog owner wanted to convince her otherwise.
Then I applaud the owner for trying to educate her.

So you applaud the dog owner for creating a scene? The issue wasnt the law. The issue was that she thought the dog was nasty. You cant change someones opinion by lecturing them.

If I were sitting next to the Dog and it started to scratch or shake it's self while I'm eating, that would be a problem
Boo fucking hoo! A service dog is perfectly acceptable any situation. There but for the grace of God go I. Learn some empathy and stop acting like an asshole bully.
If the Dog was bugging me, I would have left.

No big deal

So you applaud the dog owner for creating a scene? The issue wasnt the law. The issue was that she thought the dog was nasty. You cant change someones opinion by lecturing them.
I'll go back and watch the vid.

Once again, I had to stop watching after listening to the black woman, Asclepias.
When are they going to learn how to properly deal with things they don't agree with?

Not the dogs fault. And I would have still ate my sandwich after removing the wet part.
AFETIO.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^

I did not find it funny------I almost THREW UP. Another experience-----I was eating dinner in the home of my ex's aunt----LONG AGO-----I saw her pick up the dog's dish and ---shove it
into the dishwasher--------another almost VOMIT experience for me

I don't think that's gross but I draw the line at kissing dogs on the mouth. I see quite a few loving owners kiss their dogs in the mouth......right after the dog finishes licking his balls and snarfing another dogs butt hole. That would probably give you the dry heaves, Rosie.
I always kissed Karma. Not on the lips, but just above. And that space between dogs eyes..that little indentation?...it was put there for human lips. ;)

Not the dogs fault. And I would have still ate my sandwich after removing the wet part.
AFETIO.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ^^^^

I did not find it funny------I almost THREW UP. Another experience-----I was eating dinner in the home of my ex's aunt----LONG AGO-----I saw her pick up the dog's dish and ---shove it
into the dishwasher--------another almost VOMIT experience for me

I don't think that's gross but I draw the line at kissing dogs on the mouth. I see quite a few loving owners kiss their dogs in the mouth......right after the dog finishes licking his balls and snarfing another dogs butt hole. That would probably give you the dry heaves, Rosie.
I always kissed Karma. Not on the lips, but just above. And that space between dogs eyes..that little indentation?...it was put there for human lips. ;)
Daisy (the dog in my avatar) is made for kisses. She gives as good as she gets! When you have a sweet little dog like her, you permit, no, encourage, her affection. She needs to feel secure due to her diminutive size, but her personality insists on human contact.

She should have just left and not gave them her money if so offended. If it was some derp that just wandered in with their pet then a reaction is warranted, but not like this for a service dog.

I also have a question about 'service dog'. It isn't a seeing eye dog is it? Aren't these just friends for people? Do these animals have the same right of way as a seeing eye dog?

I'm more than a little unfamiliar with this whole area.

She should have just left and not gave them her money if so offended. If it was some derp that just wandered in with their pet then a reaction is warranted, but not like this for a service dog.

I also have a question about 'service dog'. It isn't a seeing eye dog is it? Aren't these just friends for people? Do these animals have the same right of way as a seeing eye dog?

Read the restaurants response and news article.

I have been in restaurants a million times in my life, and never one where there was a service dog present. So let's say this happens one day and for some reason I don't like it. So one meal of my life is made mildly unpleasant because some guy has THE NERVE to risk his life for our country. This fucking c*nt...

The way the article read it sounds as if it was more an emotional support dog due to the owner having PTSD. It says Delaware law doesn't cover emotional support pets, but it seems the restaurant owners had no issue with it being in there.

Yes. All service dogs should be allowed in ANYWHERE. Companion animals? Depends on the animal since some use mini pigs, mini horses, ducks, chickens, etc as companion animals. And if the person needs that companion to function, they should consider others who may not want to be exposed to what they need.
Veteran needed to ask staff for a table outside or away from others. Thats what I did with karma..who was a dog. I considered the others sharing the same space so I either did not dine there, or I got it to go and ate it in the car.

The way the article read it sounds as if it was more an emotional support dog due to the owner having PTSD. It says Delaware law doesn't cover emotional support pets, but it seems the restaurant owners had no issue with it being in there.

By law I'd assume an animal in a restaurant is a health no no in general if not mandated by law. A restaurant can't change health code at it's whim. I don't know but I'd guess that. Likely legally he didn't have the right to take the dog into the restaurant (again I didn't read the article) and the woman, though she could have handled it differently, was not at fault for not wanting an animal in a food establishment. She over-reacted, likely she has a great aversion to animals being present when eating, another guess. But also likely the dog should not have been in there.

If she was so concerned about the dog disrupting her meal how does she feel about someone screaming at the top of their lungs while she's trying to eat. The whole thing should have been avoided.

Forum List

Back