Serious question - is air conditioning a human right?

HOWEVER, I see no reason not to give necessary aid to those in need.
Is ac necessary?

I think not

Could it prolong their life? Maybe, but that's not something they have a right to

Anology - if an inmate needs a kidney, should he be on the list for a transplant?
Is ac necessary?

To those listed, yes

Could it prolong their life? Maybe, but that's not something they have a right to

Really?

Were they sentenced to death?

Anology - if an inmate needs a kidney, should he be on the list for a transplant?
Why wouldn't he be?

again, when he was incarcerated, was it a death penalty?
So we disagree on this, I can live with that

Not providing modern advancements does not equate to carrying out a death sentence

And no convict should be in line for an organ transplant before a citizen that has not broken the law

Nothing will change my mind on this

While I agree with putting the elderly and sick in AC, when our troops train at Ft Hood and other places, they often train in temperatures well over 110 f in the direct sunlight.

How do prisoners, and illegals while we are on the topic, deserve better treatment than our volunteer soldiers, sailors and airmen?

I'm getting there, was hoping for a few people to chime in

To me, this is political, but I won't complain if it gets moved to current events:

Federal judge orders Texas prisons to provide A/C

quote:
In a searing 100-page rebuke of the Texas prison system, a federal judge Wednesday ordered state officials to provide air-conditioned living quarters for elderly, disabled and other heat-sensitive inmates at the Pack Unit northwest of Houston.

The judge's ruling — which chastises prison officials for "obstruction" and "deliberate indifference" to inmate suffering — gives the state 15 days to draft a plan to ensure that 475 vulnerable inmates have living units cooled to no more than 88 degrees and that 1,000 others have easy access to indoor respite areas. The prison must also develop a heat-wave policy to prevent further injuries and install insect-proof window screens.

Why stop at prisoners, shouldn't everyone have the same rights to free A/C?
in a prison there are no choices, as there would be outside of prison....

outside of prison, someone without AC could go to a friend's house, an emergency room lobby, a walmart, a church or mall and get reprieve from the heat...

The judge's order was only for the sick, the disabled and the elderly who could die from the excessive heat in prison.... and we do not try to kill people in prison, unless they got the death penalty.... and we are not allowed to treat prisoners under our control with cruel and unusual punishment....

Fuck em

Seriously, fuck em

They should not have a right to cold air

I hope this gets overturned on review
it's only for the vulnerable that could die from the heat wave or excessive heat. you are as the Bible describes the bad guys in the End Times, your thoughts and feelings and emotions for your fellow man are;

Waxed over cold!
Here's a real-life fact, everyone dies. OK? You got that? These people made their choices, tough crap if they have less than optimal, comfortable living conditions. Plus, the sooner they die, the sooner the taxpayer has to quit paying for their upkeep.
do you think everyone in prison is a murderer and deserves death or maiming or great harm?

The ruling for AC was for the vulnerable that can be harmed or put in grave danger in excessive heat....they only have to cool the room for them, 88 degrees or below....88 degrees is still gosh awful hot, BUT these vulnerable will not be made sicker...or die from their rooms being 88.

I think it is reasonable to not kill these vulnerable to excessive heat or make them even sicker, the inmates that never received a death sentence for their crimes.

If it were my father or husband or uncle or brother etc and they were in jail and disabled or sick or old, I would not want or expect the prison/my government killing them for a crime that never had a death sentence for it.
Then provide comfort amenities in the infirmary. If your prisoners are sick, disabled, or infirm, they should already be resident in the infirmary.
Do you realize that many hotels/motels in the Southwest limit cooling in their rooms to 80 degrees, or so? If it's good enough for paying customers, then it's good enough for criminals.

Is ac necessary?

I think not

Is ac necessary?

To those listed, yes

Really?

Why wouldn't he be?

I will say this, if the inmate can afford life saving surgery on his own, that changes the equation

But it should never be on the taxpayer dime - dying of natural causes happens every day

in a prison there are no choices, as there would be outside of prison....

outside of prison, someone without AC could go to a friend's house, an emergency room lobby, a walmart, a church or mall and get reprieve from the heat...

The judge's order was only for the sick, the disabled and the elderly who could die from the excessive heat in prison.... and we do not try to kill people in prison, unless they got the death penalty.... and we are not allowed to treat prisoners under our control with cruel and unusual punishment....

Fuck em

Seriously, fuck em

it's only for the vulnerable that could die from the heat wave or excessive heat. you are as the Bible describes the bad guys in the End Times, your thoughts and feelings and emotions for your fellow man are;

Waxed over cold!
Here's a real-life fact, everyone dies. OK? You got that? These people made their choices, tough crap if they have less than optimal, comfortable living conditions. Plus, the sooner they die, the sooner the taxpayer has to quit paying for their upkeep.
do you think everyone in prison is a murderer and deserves death or maiming or great harm?

The ruling for AC was for the vulnerable that can be harmed or put in grave danger in excessive heat....they only have to cool the room for them, 88 degrees or below....88 degrees is still gosh awful hot, BUT these vulnerable will not be made sicker...or die from their rooms being 88.

I think it is reasonable to not kill these vulnerable to excessive heat or make them even sicker, the inmates that never received a death sentence for their crimes.

If it were my father or husband or uncle or brother etc and they were in jail and disabled or sick or old, I would not want or expect the prison/my government killing them for a crime that never had a death sentence for it.
Then provide comfort amenities in the infirmary. If your prisoners are sick, disabled, or infirm, they should already be resident in the infirmary.
Do you realize that many hotels/motels in the Southwest limit cooling in their rooms to 80 degrees, or so? If it's good enough for paying customers, then it's good enough for criminals.
Do you realize that many hotels/motels in the Southwest limit cooling in their rooms to 80 degrees, or so?

and the prison cut off is 88.

While I agree with putting the elderly and sick in AC, when our troops train at Ft Hood and other places, they often train in temperatures well over 110 f in the direct sunlight.

How do prisoners, and illegals while we are on the topic, deserve better treatment than our volunteer soldiers, sailors and airmen?
Because prisoners and illegals vote for liberals...or their family members do. It's all about the freebies, isn't it? Soldiers are volunteers and therefore deserve what they get.
Ahem....anyone else notice the fallacy here?

Fuck em

Seriously, fuck em

Waxed over cold!

Do you realize that many hotels/motels in the Southwest limit cooling in their rooms to 80 degrees, or so?

The infirmary cutoff should perhaps be 88. The rest of them, tough crap. They made their beds, let them lie in them.

Is ac necessary?

I think not

Is ac necessary?

To those listed, yes

Really?

Why wouldn't he be?

I will say this, if the inmate can afford life saving surgery on his own, that changes the equation

But it should never be on the taxpayer dime - dying of natural causes happens every day

On the outside, he could work up to save that type money, inside he can't.

Is the prison sentenced to die?

Or is it just a wish of yours?

Fuck em

Seriously, fuck em

Waxed over cold!

Look, I don't mind them getting ac per se

My problem is that it is now court ordered and being called a "right"

Waxed over cold!

The infirmary cutoff should perhaps be 88. The rest of them, tough crap. They made their beds, let them lie in them.

So, you have no problem sentencing someone in on a fraud charge to death?

Waxed over cold!

Look, I don't mind them getting ac per se

My problem is that it is now court ordered and being called a "right"

Right to life,

think about it

Cruel and unusual punishment.

Look it up
Do you think that there is somethin unusual about nasty hot summers in Texas?

:D
Ever been there during the summer?

( I was stationed in Beeville for 2 years. Hot and humid)
I live in Alabama

I was sweating on my deck in 68 degree temps in the AM

Humidity is brutal all across the South
Shit, where I live, humidity is pretty low, but 68 is sweltering. Temperatures are relative and the human organism is capable of adapting over an amazingly wide range of temperatures. Prisoners acclimated to 88+ will have no problem if not furnished with AC.

Is ac necessary?

I think not

Is ac necessary?

To those listed, yes

Really?

Why wouldn't he be?

I don't wish ill on anyone, but expensive life saving surgery is not a right baw

He lost the opportunity to work and save up for it - sorry

A healthy adult can survive the heat in Texas. you know they used to engage in back-breaking manual labor on cotton rows, weeding them and manuring them. The snowflakes will live.

But anyone that is over 65 or running a fever or suffering heat stroke, sure, put them in an AC infirmary

So, you have no problem sentencing someone in on a fraud charge to death?
I have a problem paying for his medical procedure that a free poor man can't afford

Forum List

Back