Serious question - is air conditioning a human right?

Nobody has the right take what doesn't belong to them, even if a majority vote for theft.

What is done with the loot, be it air conditioners, healthcare, or beer, is inconsequential. The idea of wealth redistribution is fundamentally immoral.
The right of taxation has long been enjoyed by every human government that has ever existed for all practical purposes.

To insist that the government does not have this right is pointless, ignorant and a waste of time.

Not so in the USA circa 1780 until 1913. Worked then, it can work now.

But hey, nice to see someone unabashedly standing up for the tyranny of the past. Way to stick by your principles, as immoral as they may be.

Nobody has the right take what doesn't belong to them, even if a majority vote for theft.

What is done with the loot, be it air conditioners, healthcare, or beer, is inconsequential. The idea of wealth redistribution is fundamentally immoral.
The right of taxation has long been enjoyed by every human government that has ever existed for all practical purposes.

To insist that the government does not have this right is pointless, ignorant and a waste of time.

But hey, nice to see someone unabashedly standing up for the tyranny of the past. Way to stick by your principles, as immoral as they may be.
The mere existence of a government is not tyranny and the USA had taxes in the form of tariffs and fees.

The mere existence of a government is not tyranny and the USA had taxes in the form of tariffs and fees.

Never said "the mere existence of government" is tyranny. Your're moving the goalposts.

Further, tariffs and fees are NOT the same thing as income tax. I have no problem with the federal government charging a fee for services rendered. I have a huge problem with taxing a man's labor, particularly when that forcible extraction of wealth is handed over to other citizens in exchange for a vote.

Again, the idea of wealth redistribution, however justified, is fundamentally immoral. You have no more right to my money than I have a right to rob the grocery store because I'm hungry.

Never said "the mere existence of government" is tyranny. Your're moving the goalposts.

Further, tariffs and fees are NOT the same thing as income tax.
Talk about moving the goalposts, why do you limit this to income tax when all tariffs are similar forceful takings of other peoples money, according to your logic.

An income tax is no different and the government does indeed have the right to tax us in that way or by the number of how many windows and closets we have in our house.

Forum List

Back