CDZ Serious political scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
I expect to get some naive comments from this sites dumbass population (all of you), but here goes nothing.

Realistically, what do you believe would happen if either Trump/Clinton declared that they were dissolving the US congress several months into their administration, and that they would establish a transitional committee to govern the country during their reorganization of congress?

Before you laugh it off, consider that this type of thing happens regularly in the third world. What I have never seen are the people that do it immediately fail in their attempt, no matter how much support or precedent there is for the ruling government.

This is your typical dictator scenario, in case that was not already obvious

Last edited:
I think that the president would get impeached if he/she tried to dissolve congress. The constitution gives congress the power to remove a president. It does not give the president the power to remove congress.

I think that the president would get impeached if he/she tried to dissolve congress.

The president just declared that the congress was dissolved. At that point, he/she does not care about the system.

The constitution gives congress the power to remove a president. It does not give the president the power to remove congress.

I should of broke it down into layman terms.

What I just described is a prototypical example of an elected head of state emplacing themselves as a dictator. That is how it goes down most of the time.

If the president could dissolve congress, Obama would have already done so with his phone and pen.

If the president could dissolve congress, Obama would have already done so with his phone and pen.

Any president could hold a press conference and declare the dissolution of the US congress.

I am asking quite seriously, what would happen if the next president of the United States did exactly that?

1) Won't happen.

Right, because the system would never betray your loyalty :laugh2:

2) The USA is not the "third world".

I do not see how the scenario is any less likely over here than it would be in a third world country.

That you don't see a difference between the "third world" and the robust system of the USA shows your opinion that it isn't any less likely is flawed to say the least.

That you don't see a difference between the "third world" and the robust system of the USA

The robust system of the USA? Don't make me laugh.

Most third world countries emulate the US and UK systems of government. Additionally, most third world countries actually have more 'robust' governments than the United States.

shows your opinion that it isn't any less likely is flawed to say the least.

I never voiced an opinion. I asked a question based around a very realistic scenario.

You do not even need to acknowledge that it is likely, to accept that it is plausible.

Any president could hold a press conference and declare the dissolution of the US congress.

I am asking quite seriously, what would happen if the next president of the United States did exactly that?
It would be all over the news. The news pundits would have a field day explaining that the president does not have such power. If the president continues to declar for the dissolution of congress, congress is likely to declare the president unstable and impeach the president for not upholding the oath to protect the constitution, The VP will take over as president.

It would be all over the news. The news pundits would have a field day explaining that the president does not have such power. If the president continues to declar for the dissolution of congress, congress is likely to declare the president unstable and impeach the president for not upholding the oath to protect the constitution, The VP will take over as president.

Okay, you are not grasping the concept.

What makes you believe the president is going to accept impeachment? Were you not listening? The president just dissolved the government.

Last edited:
The US Military, the US Court System and the US Law would not support any President trying to ILLEGALLY disband Congress. The President does not have the power or authority to do it and has no support from the agencies that would be required to carry it out if he declared it. If he declared it he would be impeached for High Crimes and Misdemeanors and removed from Office.

What makes you think the president is going to accept impeachment. Were you not listening? The president just dissolved the government.
And you don't get it, HOW exactly does a single man or woman with no military or law enforcement support ignore the US Government and its military and Law enforcement? The Congress would move to Impeach and the President would be unable to stop it. He would be force-ably removed from Office if impeached and he refused to leave.

What makes you think the president is going to accept impeachment. Were you not listening? The president dissolved the government. This is what almost every dictator that was ever elected into power has done.
No he didn't, simply because he can't do that. At least not without an uprising of the people to overthrow our current government, and that's not happening. If the president starts saying looney things like that, he will be removed from office.

That you don't see a difference between the "third world" and the robust system of the USA

The robust system of the USA? Don't make me laugh.

Most third world countries emulate the US and UK systems of government. Additionally, most third world countries actually have more 'robust' governments than the United States.

shows your opinion that it isn't any less likely is flawed to say the least.

I never voiced an opinion. I asked a question based around a very realistic scenario.

You do not even need to acknowledge that it is likely, to accept that it is plausible.

Links showing most third world governments are more robust please. Good luck with that.

Your question is not based on a realistic scenario, the checks and balances of the USA system are robust. Your scenario is highly unlikely. That you state most third world countries have a more robust system than the USA is laughable to the point it is hard for me to stop laughing at you.

:rofl::rofl:

The US Military, the US Court System and the US Law would not support any President trying to ILLEGALLY disband Congress.

Let's get real here. Someone that dissolved the government is not going to listen to the courts. .

Now the US military could potentially do something, but I highly doubt it. The president is the commander in chief of the US military, and lI have zero fucking confidence that the pentagon would launch a coup against the president.

The President does not have the power or authority to do it and has no support from the agencies that would be required to carry it out if he declared it. If he declared it he would be impeached for High Crimes and Misdemeanors and removed from Office.

In this scenario, the presidents power would come entirely from fiat.

If President Trump or President Clinton dissolved the government, they would still have the support of countless pundits and supporters.

The US Military, the US Court System and the US Law would not support any President trying to ILLEGALLY disband Congress.

Let's get real here. Someone that dissolved the government is not going to listen to the courts. .

Now the US military could potentially do something, but I highly doubt it. The president is the commander in chief of the US military, and lI have zero fucking confidence that the pentagon would launch a coup against the president.

The President does not have the power or authority to do it and has no support from the agencies that would be required to carry it out if he declared it. If he declared it he would be impeached for High Crimes and Misdemeanors and removed from Office.

In this scenario, the presidents power would come entirely from fiat.

If President Trump or President Clinton dissolved the government, they would still have the support of countless pundits and supporters.
No they would not as there is NO LEGAL grounds for the action. No sane person would support them and no Government agency would obey an illegal order to disband Congress. They simply can NOT disolve the Government it does not exist for a mechanism to allow it.

No he didn't, simply because he can't do that.

Yes he can.

What are you going to do about it? Impeach him? Don't be ridiculous.

At least not without an uprising of the people to overthrow our current government, and that's not happening. If the president starts saying looney things like that, he will be removed from office.

I find that to be naive as hell

If the president declares that the government is dissolved , then I have zero confidence that our state institutions would stop him/her.

No they would not as there is NO LEGAL grounds for the action.

God, you are slow.

No shit! That is the whole fucking point.

No sane person would support them and no Government agency would obey an illegal order to disband Congress.

I disagree.

It shouldn't be that hard for you to believe. Isn't Clinton a criminal in your world?

They simply can NOT disolve the Government it does not exist for a mechanism to allow it.

Fiat.

Most dictators were elected into power. When they got into power, they dissolved the government and no one stopped them.

Your question is not based on a realistic scenario, the checks and balances of the USA system are robust.

Are you fucking serious?

Checks and balances do not matter to someone that just informally declared themselves a dictator :cuckoo:

That you state most third world countries have a more robust system than the USA is laughable to the point it is hard for me to stop laughing at you.

I am sure the snobbish dismissal tactic will serve you well here :laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back