Senator Ron Wyden introduces S. 420, a bill to legalize marijuana

Signs are going up around town "No smoking, No vaping". Easy peasy.

Tourism is UP in Colorado. Look at you Rusky. You went to Estes Park. Aren't you pretending to live in the Badlands?
I visit Colorado often for business...
Actually tourism is way down in Colorado for families. Funny the drop happened right about the time of legalization of pot.
Yes I do live in northwestern South Dakota... The Badlands are about 120 miles south east of me

And yet there is an appalling lack of links in your post...odd that. Here, I'll show you how it works...

Colorado hits new tourism record: 86 million visitors, $1.28 billion in tax revenue

News Release: Colorado Tourism Sets All-Time Records for Eighth Consecutive Year | Colorado.com

Oops...

What's the "addiction rate" on marijuana? It's less than pizza...
It's not about addiction, it's about the next logical step after weed gets mundane.

The "Gateway Drug" theory? Mostly nonsense. There might be a few who progress to harder drugs. But most don't.
Just because almost every drug abuser started with weed...…..

Besides weed being a carcinogen that can be addictive like alcohol and heavy use causes mental illness, it is the perfect approach for governments wanting to keep the peons medicated and quite.

For every person who started with weed and went on to get addicted to harder drugs, there are hundreds (if not thousands) who just smoked weed. Most stopped even that.
Every person that went on to harder drugs likely has had alcohol. Gateway?
Most definitely a gateway.

If we just executed the sellers and users it would be way cheaper. Had we done it all along, we would not have the issues with addicts that we have.

Yes, you are just that ignorant, you stupid drunk!

Marijuana is only illegal because Big Pharma can't make any money off if and the drug is one of the most useful and powerful medications you can buy.

Marijuana reduces pain, increases appetite, and has been used to treat people with cancer for generations. Unlike the addictive and deadly opioids being pushed on the American public by Big Pharma, that have addicted millions and are killing 72,000 Americans each year, marijuiana has rarely killed anyone.

What is has done is allowed millions of people to lives with reduced pain and suffering. It is being used to treat children for seizures. Cancer patients for nausea, arthrtis suffers for pain. It reduces stress, and relieves insomnia. And I have never known two potheads to get high and get into a fight outside a bar.

I know of no marijuana user who has ever gone through D-tox, withdrawal, or rehab. Every jurisdiction where marijuana has been legalized, has reported a drop in violent crime.

And while you envision marijuana users as Cheech and Chong-like stoners, the reality is that most users are not smoking 6 inch blunts and staring off into space for hours, they're taking a hit or two off a vaporizer, for pain, or nausea, or at the end of a stressful day. And Cheech and Chong, for all their stoner stereo-types, are both hard-working, successful comedians, actors, and businessmen who have achieved wealth, fame and financial security.

Just like most people who drink have a cocktail or a glass of wine to relax, but don't end up staggering drunk, slurring their words, or publically embarrasing themselves as chronic alcoholics are wont to do, most recreational pot users are highly creative, intelligent, focused and hardworking.
The fact remains some people benefit from marijuana apparently, and some people do not at all.

And most people do not care one way or another.
The beneficial chemicals in weed are available in pill form.

It’s only about getting high.

Tourism is UP in Colorado. Look at you Rusky. You went to Estes Park. Aren't you pretending to live in the Badlands?
Actually tourism is way down in Colorado for families. Funny the drop happened right about the time of legalization of pot.
Yes I do live in northwestern South Dakota... The Badlands are about 120 miles south east of me

And yet there is an appalling lack of links in your post...odd that. Here, I'll show you how it works...

Colorado hits new tourism record: 86 million visitors, $1.28 billion in tax revenue

News Release: Colorado Tourism Sets All-Time Records for Eighth Consecutive Year | Colorado.com

Oops...
Lol
Like I said Family tourism, how often do you go to Colorado? I go very often for business. There may be more people there to smoke pot, sure. Families don’t want to go to places that smell like pot.
But I see a very large decrease of family tourism, and the stores are changing to suit the changing.

Places like Estes Park are not what they were a few years ago. They aren’t focusing on families anymore.

Shit happens

It's not about addiction, it's about the next logical step after weed gets mundane.

The "Gateway Drug" theory? Mostly nonsense. There might be a few who progress to harder drugs. But most don't.

Besides weed being a carcinogen that can be addictive like alcohol and heavy use causes mental illness, it is the perfect approach for governments wanting to keep the peons medicated and quite.

For every person who started with weed and went on to get addicted to harder drugs, there are hundreds (if not thousands) who just smoked weed. Most stopped even that.

Exactly. Plus, since Colorado made pot legal, their oxy problems have dropped off drastically.

Oops...
Lol
Like I said Family tourism, how often do you go to Colorado? I go very often for business. There may be more people there to smoke pot, sure. Families don’t want to go to places that smell like pot.
But I see a very large decrease of family tourism, and the stores are changing to suit the changing.

Places like Estes Park are not what they were a few years ago. They aren’t focusing on families anymore.

Shit happens

What? Still no links? You just feel it has to be so? :lol:

It probably won't pass because of all the dinosaurs in Congress, but it's a step forward. It's absurd the amount of money we throw away in our justice system over weed.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., introduced a bill on Friday to decriminalize marijuana and allow for it to be taxed and regulated. The bill is titled S. 420, in a reference to marijuana culture.

The proposal, identical to a bill in the House, aims to ease the longstanding conflict between states where cannabis is legal in some form and the U.S. government, which categorizes marijuana as a dangerous illegal drug, similar to LSD or heroin. The American Civil Liberties Union estimates that around half of all drug arrests are for marijuana possession.

Weed legalization should be up to individual states... None of the federal governments business

As the laws stand now, states can legalize pot and the feds can still prosecute.

Exactly. Plus, since Colorado made pot legal, their oxy problems have dropped off drastically.
BS.

Oops...
Lol

Shit happens

What? Still no links? You just feel it has to be so? :lol:

Oops...
Lol

Shit happens
Same in California. Family tourist destinations like Fisherman’s wharf or Hollywood strip are more dangerous than walking in Baghdad.

Oops...
Lol

Shit happens
Same in California. Family tourist destinations like Fisherman’s wharf or Hollywood strip are more dangerous than walking in Baghdad.

Those places have always been dangerous, and not because pot was legal. I remember making one wrong turn in Boston and ending up in the Tenderloin late at night and immediately locking every door and rolling up the windows and getting the hell out of there!

The Hollywood Strip has never been family friendly after dark, or safe. No large tourist area ever is. Street muggings are common in every big American city and unheard of in countries where there is no easy access to handguns. Tourist are easy targets because they carry large sums of cash with them. Not to mention smart phones, and other electronics.

If we just executed the sellers and users it would be way cheaper. Had we done it all along, we would not have the issues with addicts that we have.

Sounds like you're advocating for a massive crime against humanity Herr Comrade!

I imagine that's a core principle for the Trumpublicans?

There is no form of abuse too severe for pot growers. There is no sentence too long. Drug addiction is the worst crisis we have ever faced. It requires drastic action.

In reality most start with cigarettes, beer, then Cherry Vodka and finally pot. Many go on to try other non-government approved and not-taxed recreational drugs, but most don't become addicted.

Alcohol is physically addictive. Cannabis is not. People do enjoy getting high and it can be like an addition. The striking difference is a stoner might get a little agitated when they run out of weed, but an alcoholic can die from withdrawals.

There is no form of abuse too severe for pot growers. There is no sentence too long. Drug addiction is the worst crisis we have ever faced. It requires drastic action.

There are more unhealthy, more powerful alternatives to legal liquor.. Absynthe and country moonshine comes to mind. But you don't see alcoholics flocking to the "blue stuff".

There is a diff between "legalization" and decriminalization. Heavier drug use is a MEDICAL ISSUE, not an incarceration issue. I don't support modifying marijuana law because I condone its use. I support it because it's a choice of recreational intoxication. And just like you cannot police flaming on a message board or social media without abdicating speech rights to a powerful corporate entity that gets to decide what "ABUSE" means --- the same thing applies to weed. It CAN be use non-abusively by the MAJORITY of users and without progression to harder drugs.

Last edited:
I’ll just say the same the i always say about this topic...

Marijuana will NEVER be legal in my property, in my car, or anywhere that I have jurisdiction over.

My tenants know that if it is found in the house they will be kicked out IMMEDIATELY. I left my sister in law stranded 30 miles from home a couple years ago because I refused to let her in my vehicle because she smelled of marijuana. I got a college roommate expelled in 1992 over thst shit.

It probably won't pass because of all the dinosaurs in Congress, but it's a step forward. It's absurd the amount of money we throw away in our justice system over weed.

Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., introduced a bill on Friday to decriminalize marijuana and allow for it to be taxed and regulated. The bill is titled S. 420, in a reference to marijuana culture.

The proposal, identical to a bill in the House, aims to ease the longstanding conflict between states where cannabis is legal in some form and the U.S. government, which categorizes marijuana as a dangerous illegal drug, similar to LSD or heroin. The American Civil Liberties Union estimates that around half of all drug arrests are for marijuana possession.

I grew up in the 60s and never tried pot. I enlisted in the AF at 18 and when I got out I had a family so I never got around to trying pot till I was71. I had trouble sleeping and the drugs they proscribed made me dopey all day. Now I have one mj cookie a night at bedtime and sleep like a baby. They are easy to make yourself using the leaves and trim growers like to get rid of. It’s been a blessing to me and in 2yrs I have seen no down side.

I’ll just say the same the i always say about this topic...

Marijuana will NEVER be legal in my property, in my car, or anywhere that I have jurisdiction over.

My tenants know that if it is found in the house they will be kicked out IMMEDIATELY. I left my sister in law stranded 30 miles from home a couple years ago because I refused to let her in my vehicle because she smelled of marijuana. I got a college roommate expelled in 1992 over thst shit.
But you're nuttier than a sack of cashews.

Forum List

Back